Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Renewal Process in India
It has now become a priority for many to buy medical insurance during the pandemic, particularly in times when the price of hospitalization and treatment are rising. A health insurance policy will provide you with instant financial assistance when you require it the most to cover unexpected medical expenses, such as domiciliary hospitalization, day-care procedures, post-hospitalization expenses, and more related services. However, the coverage of the majority of royal sundaram health insurance policies is for one year, making renewal of the policy essential to make sure you can use the coverage for the next year.
In this article, we shall take a deeper look at the royal Sundaram health insurance renewal procedure in depth.
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
Royal Sundaram health insurance is offered by Royal Sundaram General Insurance company limited (formerly called Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Company Limited) which is one of the oldest private general insurance companies in India.
It was originally launched in the form of a joint venture with Sundaram Finance. Today, they are providing affordable health insurance plans that offer a range of benefits, ensuring the best possible treatment to your family members and you.
- Lifeline Classic
- Lifeline Supreme
- Lifeline Elite
Why should you renew your health insurance?
By not completing the Royal Sundaram policy renewal, the policy will not be valid and will cease to provide many benefits. This situation must be avoided since it can result in several complexities. If the Royal Sundaram renewal health insurance policy comes with a grace period, then it need not be a cause of worry as it’s the period provided by insurance companies to complete the payments by the last minute.
There are many benefits of renewing the Royal Sundaram policy like a lower waiting period for pre-existing illnesses or diseases, no-claim bonus, complimentary checkups, wellness benefits, etc., which will not be available for those who do not renew on time.
Royal Sundaram Online Renewal
The best way to continue enjoying the benefits of Royal Sundaram health insurance plans is by making the renewals before the last date. With the facility to make payments online, it has now become easier to do it from the convenience of your house. Follow the below steps for successful payment.
- Visit the official website of Royal Sundaram health insurance i.e., www.royalsundaram.in
- Click on the ‘Insta Renew’ tab on the webpage
- Choose ‘Health Insurance’ and enter your current policy number or mobile number and click the button ‘Generate OTP’.
- Check out the details for your insurance plan as well as renewal costs displayed on the screen.
- Proceed to make the payment, by opting for the proper payment gateway and completing the renewal process.
The Royal Sundaram health insurance premium renewal can be done through the offline process as well by visiting any of their nearest branches or contacting their customer support department at 1860 258 0000 / 1860 425 0000.
Benefits Of On-Time Renewals
The policies offered by royal Sundaram health insurance give a wide range of benefits to policyholders which one might lose if Royal Sundaram renewal is not done at the right time. Let us look at the various advantages that one might get to utilize for prompt renewals:
- Cashless Treatment: A robust network of partnerships with the major hospitals is made accessible across the nation by the insurer, which means that a policyholder who is admitted to one of these hospitals will have to pay nothing for treatment. Royal Sundaram will pay all the costs directly to the hospital on behalf of the policyholder.
- Pre- & Post-Hospitalization: Health insurance policies today provide coverage beyond the treatment costs. They have been designed to cover the expenses of pre-and post-hospitalization, which could include medical expenses along with ambulance expenses, medical consultations, and other related services that aren’t covered by conventional policies.
- No-Claim Bonus: Policy owners can avail of the no-claim bonus if they have not raised a claim in the prior year. They are eligible to get an additional discount on renewals or an improvement in insurance coverage because of this. Once you complete the Royal Sundaram health insurance payment for renewal, these bonuses get automatically accumulated.
- Health Check-up Facilities: When you sign up for an insurance plan for health insurance and pay your renewal fee in time, you can undergo complementary medical tests at no extra cost. This will allow you to maintain your health and also alert you of any issues that may arise during the initial phase of your health condition.
- Tax Benefits: A vast majority of people use investment through health insurance to save income tax, by using Section 80D of the Income Tax Act. This section allows you to claim a deduction for an investment of up to 1.5 lakhs as per Section 80C under the IT Act.
If you do not make the Royal Sundaram insurance renewal either online or offline on time you’ll be denied the benefits as well as insurance protection. Hence it is highly recommended to make your renewal payments before the due date to avoid losing your insurance coverage. This could cause more serious problems like losing the services you need, such as medical checks, OPD care, hospital cash, and so on.
To protect yourself from missing out on renewal dates, ensure that your policy stays current and pay your premium before the time of the deadline. For this, you can also create reminders to make sure that you remember the date of your premium payment. In case you choose to renew the Royal Sundaram policy by yourself through the online website, make sure that you are aware of the conditions and terms of the health insurance. Also be sure you’re aware of any changes that have occurred recently to the coverage of the policy including exclusions, inclusions, or conditions by visiting their website. Above all, be aware of the consequences of not meeting the deadline because it can help you stay informed.