Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Claim Settlement
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance is known for providing reliable and comprehensive health coverage to its customers. It offers various health insurance plans designed to cater to distinct customer needs for various customer segments. They offer health policies with multiple policy options, various options for sum insured, and customizations in the policy. Royal Sundaram is also well-known for its claim settlement procedure. They also have a huge network of hospitals which allows them to offer cashless hospitalization benefit to their customers.
Royal Sundaram offers an easy and quick claim settlement process. Their customer-friendly approach to claim settlement is evident in the Royal Sundaram claim settlement ratio. In FY18-19, Royal Sundaram had a claim settlement ratio of 85%, which makes them an excellent option for health insurance. It is very specific and simple in the claim settlement. Every policyholder wants an easy and speedy claim procedure as provided by Royal Sundaram Health Insurance.
Claim Process for Cashless Treatment
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance allows customers to avail cashless claims from their wide network of hospitals. Here are the steps to get cashless treatment under a Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plan:
- You first need to find a Royal Sundaram Health network hospital to get cashless treatment.
- In case of planned hospitalization, Royal Sundaram Health provides the emergency hospitalization within 48 hours before admission.
- You need to carry a Royal Sundaram Health Card/Policy number and one photo ID proof.
- Fill the form of pre-authorization request available at the hospital and submit it to the hospital.
- The hospital sends your pre-authorization request form to Royal Sundaram Health Insurance after your identity is verified.
- After the receipt, you will receive a reply about the status of your request within 3 hours. The customers are especially satisfied with the speedy claim procedure and the Royal Sundaram claim settlement ratio.
- If a claim request is approved your bill will be cleared by the insurer through the agent present at the hospital.
The seamless cashless claim procedure is the primary reason for the Royal Sundaram claim settlement ratio of 85%.
Claim Process for Reimbursement Treatment
If your cashless claim request for hospitalization is rejected or you are treated at a non-network hospital, then you can file a claim through the reimbursement process. Here are the steps for the reimbursement claim process under a Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plan:
- With planned hospitalization, you need to inform the Royal Sundaram Health Insurance company within 72 hours. Moreover, in case of emergency hospitalization, the insurer must be notified within 24 hours.
- Fill the claim form and submit it along with relevant documents and within 30 days from the discharge date.
- The insurer will verify your request and accept or deny it as per the terms and conditions that are given in the health insurance policy.
- If your request is approved, Royal Sundaram will repay the expenses incurred during hospitalization through a cheque.
The fast, transparent, and seamless claim settlement procedure for reimbursement cases also contributes significantly to the Royal Sundaram claim settlement ratio of 85%.
Documents Required For Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Claim
You will be required to submit or present the following documents for filing a Royal Sundaram Health Insurance claim.
- Required Original investigation reports
- Required final hospital discharge summary
- Report of FIR or post-mortem if happened
- The prescription of Pharmacy bills
- Original bills, receipts, and discharge report
- Canceled cheque or payment for NEFT details
- Indoor case papers and filled claim form
- Required original hospital bills and a valid photo ID proof
- Required doctor’s report, and original consultation notes
- Bill and receipt of surgeons
- Test reports of surgeon’s along with attending doctor’s
Benefits of Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance offers a lot of benefits apart from the Royal Sundaram claim settlement ratio of 85%. Here are a few benefits which compel customers to purchase Royal Sundaram health plans:
- Royal Sundaram Health Insurance allows a 7.5% to 12% discount on premiums if you need 2 years and 3 years of plans respectively.
- Provide coverage to a maximum of 5 members of the family
- Offers a wide network of hospitals to avail cashless claims.
- Provide flexibility as per your convenience to make the premium payments via Netbanking, Debit/Credit card, etc.
- Provide a cumulative bonus for every claim-free year. This bonus lies from 5% up to 50%
- Offers quick and hassle-free claim settlement procedures with outstanding customer experience.
- Provides 100% reload free of cost.
What is included in the Royal Sundaram Health Insurance?
Mentioned below are the most common inclusions under Royal Sundaram Health Insurance:
- In-patient Hospitalisation:
- Procedure of daycare
- Ambulance Charges:
- Pré-Hospitalisation and Post-Hospitalisation:
- Modern Treatments
- Health check-up
- Domiciliary Hospitalisation Expenses
What is excluded in the Royal Sundaram Health Insurance?
Mentioned below are the most common exclusions under Royal Sundaram Health Insurance:
- Pre-Existing Diseases up to Waiting Period
- Injury due to adventure sports
- Suicide Attempt
- Injury due to war or invasion
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance provides comprehensive health plans for customers’ medical needs at highly affordable premiums. It also provides regular checkups within 24 hours of hospitalization with a certain amount. It offers a wide range of benefits to its customers. However, the primary reason for its popularity is its simple, quick, and seamless claim settlement procedure. Their customer-friendly approach to claim settlement is evident in the Royal Sundaram claim settlement ratio, which was 85% in FY18-19.