Niva Bupa Health Insurance with OPD Cover
One can never undermine the need for a good health insurance plan. The ongoing pandemic has taught us exactly that. The lack of health insurance can not only burn a deep hole in your pockets but also keep you away from quality health care.
If you wish to get access to the best healthcare options without having to shell out everything from your pocket, a health insurance plan is a must. The plan will cover all expenses related to illness or injuries and gives you a lot of flexibility as well.
Niva Bupa Health Insurance
Niva Bupa has been at the forefront of health insurance courtesy of good health plans coupled with excellent customer support. Here are a few reasons why Niva Bupa should make it to your shortlist if you are out there looking for a health insurance plan.
- Technology: Niva Bupa leverages the available technology at its disposal to make things easier and smoother for its customers. A multi-functional app ensures that customers have their policy details at their fingertips and can manage their health as well. You can also book diagnostic tests with a pathology lab or appointments with a doctor via the app.
- Pragmatic Solutions: Niva Bupa has a strong suite of health insurance plans catering to different needs and requirements. For example, there are comprehensive plans designed especially for large families. Similarly, there are comprehensive plans for individuals who are fitness enthusiasts.
- Strong Network: Niva Bupa has a relatively strong network of hospitals under its belt. This enables their subscribers to get access to the best treatment possible without any hassles whatsoever. They have over 7600 network hospitals and over 34,000 agents working for them. The company claims that 9 out of 10 cashless claims are processed within 30 minutes.
Features and Benefits of Niva Bupa Health Insurance
Should you decide to choose Niva Bupa as your health insurance provider, there are a couple of policies that you can choose from. The Health Companion and ReAssure. Both the policies have a few overlapping features and some standalone features as well. Here are some of the most prominent ones.
- Inpatient Hospitalisation: For any admissions exceeding 24 hours, the health insurance plan will provide cover for expenses such as room rent, nurse charges, surgeon charges, anaesthesiologist, doctor’s consultation, etc.
- Hospital Accommodation: The plans take care of all accommodations as long as you do not opt for suite and above rooms. There are caps no room rent for other rooms.
- Pre and Post Hospitalisation: The plan covers medical expenses 30 days prior to a medical procedure and 60 days after the medical procedure.
- OPD Care: Niva Bupa OPD cover ensures that all your outpatient department related treatment is well taken care of. With Niva Bupa OPD cover, you can either opt for paperless reimbursement of the expenses or cashless benefit.
- Domiciliary Treatment: There are a few medical conditions for which patients can receive treatment at their house. The plan covers the expenses of those treatments as well.
Niva Bupa Health Insurance with OPD Cover
Niva Bupa OPD cover is specifically designed for all outpatient department treatment. There are a lot of medical conditions and treatments for which the patient need not be admitted to the hospital. All these qualify as OPD treatment.
Some common examples include doctor’s consultation, minor surgeries, dental treatment, ENT treatment, diagnostic tests, pharmacy needs, etc. Niva Bupa health insurance with OPD cover is ideal for senior citizens as well as people who workout.
Senior citizens are more prone to minor injuries and treatments that can be taken care of in the OPD. Thus, opting for the cover makes a lot of sense. Similarly, people who are new to workout tend to get into injuries and minor niggles. An OPD cover will take care of the expenses.
Niva Bupa health insurance with OPD cover is also beneficial to people who visit the OPD on a regular basis. This could be for people with chronic diseases or the ones who visit OPD for pharmacy and medication needs.
Irrespective of which plan you opt for you can save taxes. The premiums that you pay towards your health insurance plan are tax deductible under Section 80D. And you can renew both policies for life. The Health companion, however, has a small advantage. For every year that you do not claim the policy, you can increase the sum insured by 20%. You can continue to do so up to a maximum of 100%.
Health insurance policies do come at a cost. However, the cost is negligible if you consider the numerous benefits that they bring along with them. And in the long run, they almost always benefit you. Niva Bupa offers affordable health plans, so tath you can protect yourself and your loved ones.