Niva Bupa (Max Bupa) Health Insurance for Maternity
Samaresh (31-year-old) and Radhika (28year-old) live in Hyderabad and belong to an average middle-class family. The couple was overjoyed as they welcomed their first baby in January in a private hospital. But the couple was completely agitated when the hospital gave them a bill of Rs. 3 lakh for the cost of delivery and maternity care. Since they didn’t have any maternity insurance cover, hence they paid the entire expenses from their side. Samaresh and Radhika were not the only couples who experienced this kind of situation, but several other couples have faced similar kinds of situations due to inflated costs of the healthcare system during pregnancy. Here comes maternity insurance that bears all the costs associated with pregnancy and brings a smile to young couples.
But most health insurance providers in India don’t offer maternity insurance as a standalone insurance product. They offer this coverage under family floater policies.
Heartbeat is a Niva Bupa (Max Bupa) health insurance for maternity that is specially designed for every woman. This is an ideal Max Bupa health insurance for maternity for couples who are planning to start their family. Max Bupa health insurance maternity benefits offer coverage for newborn babies and you can enjoy this coverage up to two deliveries and only after 2 years of consistent coverage. Max Bupa health insurance pregnancy cover is easily available in Gold and Platinum variants. Apart from maternity benefits, Heartbeat policy offers many more benefits under its Family Floater and Family First plans.
Features of Max Bupa Health Insurance Maternity Cover
Max Bupa maternity health insurance offers coverage for up to 2 deliveries
- You are only eligible for this coverage if you and your spouse both are covered under the policy for two continuous years
- Without paying any additional premium until the new renewal, the newborn baby is covered
- You can enjoy some additional discounts if you choose coverage for two years continuously
- You can enjoy the cashless hospitalization facility at network hospital within 4 hours
- No age restriction for policy enrollment
- Two-year policy term option available
- Sum insured range: family floater – Rs. 5 Lakh to Rs. 50 Lakh for the Gold Plan
- Sum insured for the Platinum plan starts from Rs. 15 Lakh to Rs. 1 Crore
- Sum insured range: Family First (Coverage up to 19 relationships)
- The Max Bupa maternity health insurance offers an individual sum insured for everyone and a floating sum insured that can be accessed by any family member
- New born’s vaccination expenditures for the first year if you add your baby to the policy plan for the next policy year
Max Bupa Maternity Insurance Benefits
- This policy includes the costs towards maternity ranging between Rs.20,000 up to Rs.1 lakh.
- This policy plan offers coverage for in-patient medical expenses
- Pre-and post-hospitalization expenses for 60 and 90 days
- This plan also provides coverage for newborn babies and vaccination from the day of birth without paying any additional premium, so you see that the Max Bupa maternity waiting period for newborn babies is 0 days.
- This plan offers domiciliary treatment costs (Rs. 10000 to Rs. 2.5 lakh) if there is a shortage of beds in the hospital
- Coverage for treatment outside India for specified illnesses and emergency hospitalization for up to the sum assured
- Prosthetic implants are covered up to sum insured
- Operation theater charges and intensive care charges are also covered
- This policy covers the cost of the emergency ambulance
- Medical expenses incurred on alternative treatment like AYUSH
- This policy offers coverage for organ transplant
- You can claim directly from the insurance company (no third party is involved)
- After the completion of 1 year of the policy, you can enjoy health checkups for diagnostic tests
- Under this policy plan, you can take a second opinion for your treatment plan or surgery
- Irrespective of your claim history, you are eligible for an increase of 10% of the sum insured every year
- Once your basic sum insured is exhausted, you will get 100% of your basic sum insured as a refill
- Healthcare expenses related to injuries due to nuclear war, chemical, or biological injuries
- Healthcare expenditures related to HIV/AIDS, STDs, or other immunodeficiency diseases
- Medical expenses regarding dental/oral surgery, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery
- The policy plan doesn’t offer coverage for psychiatric disorders, behavioral disorders, and mental disorders
- All treatment expenses that are taken outside of India (except some emergency hospitalization treatment and specific illnesses)
Waiting Period of Niva Bupa Health Insurance
A 90-days waiting period for all illnesses claims except any accidental injuries as mentioned below:-
- Specific Illnesses: The policy offers coverage for some specific diseases/treatments only after 24 months. These include Cataract, Hysterectomy, Myomectomy for Fibroids, and so forth.
- Pre-Existing illnesses: For the silver plan, you can claim for any pre-existing conditions after 48 months from the policy start date and 24 months for Gold and Platinum plans.
The healthcare facility in India is improving day by day and nowadays, many private hospitals are offering excellent maternity care and treatment facilities. But childbirth is truly an expensive endeavor for many, especially those who are not financially established. Here comes well-designed maternity health insurance that will bear all the expenses related to delivery and will also support you to enjoy this new phase of life wholeheartedly. Read all the policy documents carefully before selecting the best maternity plan for your requirements.