Niva Bupa (Max Bupa) Health Insurance for Family
Have you checked out the Niva Bupa (Max Bupa) family health insurance plan? This plan offers extensive coverage for the policyholder and his or her entire family. This is highly beneficial since you get comprehensive Max Bupa health insurance coverage with all its benefits while paying a single premium. Not only is this more convenient, but you will also end up saving you money as well. However, it is important to always be aware of the salient features of the Niva Bupa health insurance plan before signing on the dotted line.
Niva Bupa Health Insurance For Family Details
|Claim Settlement Ratio||89.46%|
|Incurred Claim Ratio||54%|
|Policies Sold||6,96,107 till date|
|In-House Claim Settlement||Yes|
Niva Bupa (Max Bupa) Family Health Insurance Plan
When it comes to Niva Bupa health insurance for family, it should be said that they are amongst the most popular options for customers today. The Max Bupa family health insurance (now Niva Bupa) plan is comparatively pocket-friendly while offering coverage to all members of the family. It is not just about going for the general Max Bupa family floater plan; you can get this plan customized as per your specific family requirements. This is more convenient since every family member will have varying medical and healthcare needs as well. You can get the plan individually as well if you feel fit.
The Max Bupa health insurance plans for family are not only ideal for smaller or nuclear households but joint families as well. You can get extensive coverage for a maximum of 19 family members with the floater policy sum assured.
Niva Bupa Family Health Insurance Features
- Renewability benefits for every year that are free of claims.
- Extensive range of sum insured amounts, going up to Rs. 1 crore.
- 20% extra sum assured upon renewing the policy, going up to a maximum percentage of 100%.
- Cash-less treatment and hospitalization across a vast network of partner hospitals.
- Discounts up to 12.5% on the premium for the second year, upon choosing the policy for a period of two years.
- Direct settlement of claims minus any third-party assistance (TPA).
- Optional hospital cash benefits are available for customers.
- Pre-hospitalization costs for 30 days.
- Post hospitalization costs for 60 days.
- Domiciliary hospitalization coverage till the sum assured.
- Surgery costs in case of organ transplants.
- Expenditure for daycare treatment procedures.
- Coverage for AYUSH treatments.
- Costs like ICU and room charges without any caps.
There is no maximum limit in terms of a family member’s age. Families are covered from newborns that are at least 91 days old to senior citizens.
What is Excluded in the Niva Bupa Family Health Policy?
- Medical costs for treating HIV/AIDS.
- Claims resulting from any hazardous environments/activities.
- External congenital anomalies.
- Outpatient treatment costs except vaccinations for curing bites from animals.
- Corrective eyesight disabilities, unless deemed necessary owing to a mishap/accident.
Read all the policy details carefully before taking a final decision at your end.
7 Best Niva Bupa Family Health Insurance Plans
- Health Premia (minimum 3 months to 65 years maximum).
- Health Companion (minimum 91 days to no maximum limits)- Rs. 2 lakh as sum insured.
- Health Pulse (minimum 91 days to maximum of 65 years)- Rs. 3 lakh as sum insured.
- Aarogya Sanjeevani Policy (minimum 3 months to maximum of 65 years)- Rs. 1-5 lakh as sum insured.
- Health Recharge (minimum 18 years to maximum of 65 years)- Rs. 2 lakh as sum insured.
- Go Active (minimum 91 days to maximum of 65 years)- Rs. 4 lakh as sum insured.
- Heartbeat (minimum 18 years to maximum of 65 years)- Rs. 1 lakh as sum insured.
Now that you have all the details regarding the Max Bupa (now Niva Bupa) family health insurance plan, make sure that you check all the exclusions carefully. Take the advice of a professional or reputed portal for ascertaining the right coverage amount and premium. You can also use an online premium and coverage calculator for understanding things better. Here’s to safeguarding the entire family more effectively.
Niva Bupa Family Health Insurance FAQs
Name some of the health insurance plans offered by Niva Bupa (Max Bupa) in India?
Some of the leading health insurance plans include Heartbeat, Go Active, Health Recharge, Aarogya Sanjeevani Policy, Health Companion, and Health Pulse. There are various kinds of policies to suit diverse requirements. They all come with varying sum insured amounts between Rs. 1 lakh and Rs. 5 lakh on average.
Is HIV/AIDS treatment included in the coverage under family health insurance plans?
You will have to check with the insurance company in this regard, i.e. by going through the list of exclusions mentioned in the policy document. In most cases, insurance companies do not offer health insurance coverage for treating HIV/AIDS.
Are treatments under AYUSH covered?
If you are getting treatment under the AYUSH umbrella, then you can get coverage for the same under this health insurance plan. This is a major benefit for those going in for Ayurvedic and related treatments for various illnesses.
What is the claim settlement ratio at Niva Bupa Health Insurance?
The claim settlement ratio is 89.46% at Niva Bupa health insurance.
Is COVID-19 covered under this policy?
Yes, this health insurance policy covers treatments and hospitalization for COVID-19.