MEDISEP Health Insurance Policy for Government Employees in Kerala
What is MEDISEP Health Insurance?
Kerala’s new health insurance scheme MEDISEP facilitating cashless treatment in health insurance for government employees and pensioners is all set to come into force from the first of the year. The MEDISEP system will be approved by the Cabinet at its conference next Monday, and it is set to begin in January 2022. The yearly insurance premium value of 6,000 INR would be collected from the staff’s income in monthly payments of 500 INR.
This insurance program should be joined by all workers and retirees. Individuals, who have not enlisted, as well as those who failed to include the information of their beneficiaries, are allowed to make the necessary revisions and amendments. Before December 15, applications should be sent to the CDO i.e. the Chief Data Officer. The Treasury Officer will accept the application requests from the pensioners.
What is full the form of Medisep?
MEDISEP stands for Medical Insurance for State Employees and Pensioners. This health insurance scheme is intended to provide comprehensive health insurance coverage to all serving employees of the Kerala Government including the High Court of Kerala who are covered under the existing Kerala Government Servants Medical Attendant Rules [KGSMA Rules, 1960] and pensioners.
Who is eligible to apply for MEDISEP Health Insurance?
Employees and retirees, as well as their beneficiaries, husband or wife, kids less than 25 years of age, or who have a physical or mental handicap, are qualified.
What is the MEDISEP insurance premium amount?
The retirees’ monthly healthcare stipend of 500 INR would be redirected to the MEDISEP scheme. The plan had previously been implemented by the state government, but it did not take off. It is now being deployed following the announcement of a fresh tender, which was secured by the Oriental Insurance Company.
What is the MEDISEP insurance tenure period?
The insurance tenure period of MEDISEP insurance is 3 years.
MEDISEP Insurance Family Enrollment
1. In the event of a covered employee
- The employee’s lawful spouse.
- Minor or adopted children depend on the policyholder until they get employment, marry, or reach 25 years of age, whichever comes first.
- Employee’s physically or mentally challenged children, regardless of his/her age.
- Employee’s dependent parents
2. In the event of a covered pension holder
- Spouse and physically/mentally challenged children of the retiree, regardless of age.
3. In the event of a covered family pension holder
- Physically or mentally handicapped children of the retiree, regardless of age.
What are the features of MEDISEP health insurance?
Annually, the plan will give comprehensive medical insurance cover of up to 3,00,000 INR. In the event of serious illness, a larger quantity is permitted. According to the proposal, network hospitals will be authorized to accept cashless billing.
The unclaimed money from the initial year can be rolled forward to the following year up to a sum of 1,50,000 INR. Coverage will be offered for hospitalizations lasting more than a day i.e. 24 hours.
A total of 1,920 illnesses have been accepted for inclusion on the listing. The system also allows for the reimbursement of expenditures incurred for the 15 days preceding and following hospitalization.
How to login to MEDISEP portal?
Employees enrolled under the MEDISEP Government Insurance Kerala can easily login to MEDISEP portal with the following simple steps:
- Visit the official MEDISEP portal
- Look for the menu bar right at the top of the home page of the official MEDISEP portal
- Click on the Login button and go through the department drop down list that comes on the screen
- Select the department from the drop-down list and click on it. You will be directed to a new login page of MEDISEP login
- Choose a username and password in the Login column
- Also, enter the text in the field option for security reasons
- Click on the Login button and get the access to the employee login
- Get all the information required on the employee health insurance from MEDISEP
How to Apply for MEDISEP Health Insurance?
Here is a step-by-step procedure for MEDISEP insurance application as mentioned below:-
- Visit the MEDISEP webpage: https://medisep.kerala.gov.in/
- Open the registration link.
- Input your PEN and your birth date. Continue by clicking the button.
- Input your cell phone number.
- You will be sent an OTP.
- Input the provided OTP and then click ‘Login’.
- You may now preview, edit, and save your account information.
- You may also use a picture to add, amend, and save your dependent data.
- To continue, click on the proceed button.
- Check the information provided.
- Accept and submit the Declaration.
How to check MEDISEP status online?
MEDISEP Government insurance Kerala offers cashless treatment facility and financial aid to the employees of the state government. You can easily check the MEDISEP status online in few simple steps like:
- Visit the official MEDISEP Kerala portal
- Click on the Status Option displayed on the menu bar of the home page. You will then be directed to the new window on the screen
- Select the employee or pensioner category
- Enter the employee ID along with the Date of Birth in the next columns
- Click on the Search Option and get the display of your MEDISEP status
- Make sure to know the employee ID in order to check the status of MEDISEP Kerala online
- Beneficiaries must complete their enrolling process as defined by the government during the Enrolment Term. Enrollment of beneficiaries is not permitted once the enrollment period has expired.
- In the instance of retirees, the prescribed enrolling method as stated by the government must be followed.
- The State Nodal Unit will keep a record of beneficiaries, which will be provided with the designated insurance provider in order to begin the enrollment The company would be in charge of enrolling beneficiaries and issuing ID cards.
- The policy’s expiration date should be the same for all policyholders and beneficiaries.
- The policyholder will be able to update the information of the dependent beneficiaries.
- Every employee and pensioner will be informed of their enrollment and assigned a Permanent Employee Number or a Pension Payment Order Number.
- The beneficiaries as well as the enrolled hospitals, nursing institutes, and daycare centers will have access to the specific webpage to review their relevant data.
The biggest advantage of getting health insurance is that it provides peace of mind to the insured in case they fall ill or in case an accident they suffer results in hospitalization. It is a legal contract in which the insurance company is obliged to pay the hospital bills and can save you from going into debt in case of a costly illness or accident. The government’s provision of such insurance plans to employees is a step toward a healthier nation.
MEDISEP Insurance, Kerala FAQs
What is MEDISEP Kerala?
The full form of MEDISEP is Medical Insurance for State Employees and Pensioners. MEDISEP is a new medical insurance scheme launched by the Kerala Council of Ministers to provide free medical treatment up to Rs. 3 lakh annually for government employees and pensioners.
How can I check my MEDISEP in Kerala?
There are two ways to check your MEDISEP in Kerala. You can either call on the toll-free number 1800-425-1857 and check the status. Or, you can email to seek information about MEDISEP on the email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I apply for MEDISEP Health Insurance for Government Employees in Kerala?
To apply for MEDISEP health insurance for government employees in Kerala you need to:
• Visit the official website of MEDISEP
• Click on the Registration Link
• Fill in your birth date and other details as required
• Provide your mobile number and receive an OTP on that number
• Fill in the OTP and click ‘Login’
• Preview the details and save the information for the account to register
• Click on ‘Proceed’ button
• Verify the information provided
• Click on ‘Accept’ and ‘Submit the Declaration’
How do you make changes in MEDISEP Health Insurance?
To make the desired changes in MEDISEP health insurance, you need to fill out an application form that comes with No 110/2021/finance order and then submit it to the DDO/Nodal Officer. After that you need to check whether the changes have been updated or not.
What are the benefits of MEDISEP Health Insurance Policy for Government Employees?
Following are some of the key benefits of MEDISEP health insurance policy for government employees:
• Comprehensive medical insurance cover for up to Rs. 3 lakh
• Cashless Treatment in Network Hospitals
• No Claim Bonus of up to Rs. 1.5 lakhs in the following year
• Coverage for Hospitalization of more than 24 Hours
• Easy Family Enrolment
What are the diseases covered under MEDISEP Insurance?
Over 1,920 illnesses and diseases are covered under MEDISEP insurance. These include both normal and critical illnesses and diseases.
How to check MEDISEP Health Insurance status online?
You can easily check MEDISEP health insurance status online by:
1. Visit the official MEDISEP website
2. Choose “Status” and click on “MEDISEP Status”
3. Now, you need to fill in the required data like the date of birth and employee ID
4. Click ‘Search’ to check the status of your MEDISEP enrollment