Digital Health ID Card: Know Benefits, How To Apply and Registration Process
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the “Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission” to offer a digital health card to people for their betterment. These ID cards will contain all imperative health records of customers. These health ID cards will be rolled out with the National Health Authority (NHA) to celebrate the third anniversary of Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (ABPM-JAY). That’s why these digital health cards are also known as Ayushman cards.
At present, more than one lakh unique digital cards have been issued under the National Digital Health Mission (NDHM). On 15th August 2021, these health ID cards were introduced in six states and Union territories on a pilot basis.
Digital Health ID: Imperative Things You Must Know
Like other digital initiatives (Jan Dhan, Aadhaar, and Mobile (JAM) trinity) of government, PM-DHM will create an impeccable online platform with the help of a spectrum of data, information, and infrastructure services, duly leveraging open, interoperable, standards-based digital systems, and so on. These digital health cards will offer the utmost security, confidentiality and will also maintain the privacy of all-important personal health-related information. The prime objective is to create interoperability within the digital health ecosystem. Moreover, these national health ID cards will make internal operations convenient and hassle-free.
The key component of PM-DHM is a unique Health ID. This ID is a 14-digit unique health identification number for every Indian citizen. This id will also act as a health account. The national Health ID will store all necessary health information of a person. With the consent of an individual, this health ID will be accessed, and it also allows the exchange of individuals’ health records.
This digital health account will possess the details of every test, every ailment, the doctor’s visit, what medications are taken, and an individual’s diagnosis. Since this card is portable and easily accessible, hence this information is advantageous even if the patient migrates to a new place or consults a new doctor.
This Swasthya card is issued based on a person’s basic details along with his/her mobile number or Aadhaar number. This card can be linked to the personal details of an individual. You can view it with the help of a mobile application, a Healthcare Professionals Registry (HPR), and Healthcare Facilities Registries (HFR).
Health ID under NDHM is voluntary, and you don’t need to pay anything for this. The government believes that by analyzing this health data, they will make better planning and can make concrete decisions. By utilizing this health ID, the government can implement health programs in states in a budget-friendly way. With this digital health card, citizens can access all healthcare facilities conveniently.
How to Apply for an Ayushman Card?
Ayushman health card contains all necessary healthcare information of a person. Therefore, every citizen can access their electronic health records free of cost after submitting an Ayushman card apply online application.
With the help of www.nrhm.gov.in, a citizen can submit the application. This website will save all health information of an individual card owner and the doctor providing it. All Ayushman Bharat health cardholders can access their records and health information. Access to this Ayushman card is restricted to the owner.
Digital Health ID Card Registration Process
Do you want to know how to apply for an Ayushman health card? By using NDHM Health Record apps, you can easily create a digital health card on your mobile device.
You need to go through the below-mentioned steps for registering for this application.
Quick steps to apply for an Ayushman Health Card
- Step 1: First, download the app for NDHM Health Records
- Step 2: Then, click on register now and choose your preferred language
- Step 3: Here, you may get two options for registration. Either you need to register with a mobile number or your Aadhar card
- Step 4: Click on the Aadhar Card link and enter the required details.
- Step 5: You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile phone number
- Step 6: your health ID card will be created. Now, you need to create a username
- Step 7: You may need to submit more documentation, like your identification.
- Step 8: After the completion, you will receive your digital health card
- Step 9: Now, create a strong password for your digital health card
- Step 10: While login, always use valid credentials
What is the Ayushman Card, and what are the benefits of this card?
Most people usually keep their healthcare in the form of paper. But very often, they misplace those papers, or the papers get damaged over time. This can create a lot of problems, especially during the time of a healthcare emergency. But if everything is stored digitally, then candidates can easily carry their health-related information to anywhere conveniently. Moreover, with digital systems, there will be very little chance of getting misplaced hence, these digital health ID cards are beneficial for everyone. An Ayushman Bharat health card is where a person’s all relevant healthcare information is saved digitally.
Shri Narender Modi has issued digital health ID cards to all citizens of the country on 15th August 2021. Along with healthcare information, this health card will show all health-related expenses.
- A digital cardholder can see all the details of the health care services and doctors
- You will find all the details of your treatment, discharge, and every test that you have conducted. This beneficial online tool will portray all the records that you need when you visit any professional hospital.
- If you give a medical practitioner your cardholder id, he/she can access your medical record at any time and will suggest the best treatment for your ailments.
This Ayushman health card is beneficial for every citizen during the time of this COVID-19 pandemic. This card displays whether a person is vaccinated or not. Moreover, by using this card, a person can get the best treatment in any corner of the country.
Digital Health ID Card FAQs
How do I get a digital health card?
A digital health card is implemented by the Government of India under Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABHA). This health card is important as you can store all your imperative health history on this Digital Health Card.
• You need to visit the official website of www.healthid.ndhm.gov.in.
• Now, click on create Digital Health Card or ABHA Account (Ayushman Bharat Health Account).
• Click on Aadhar Card or Driving License to complete the registration of Digital Health Card
• Now, you need to provide all your information like Name, Address, Mobile Number, OTP Received and other imperative details.
• Submit your application and get a 14 Digit Digital Health Card online.
What are the benefits of a digital health ID card?
• Digital health records: Track and access all your records from admission to treatment and discharge under one roof.
• Personal Health Records (PHR): you can incorporate your personal health history into your digital health ID
• Access to Digi Doctors: This health card is verified by Digi Doctors in a secure environment.
• Secure and private: The card is secure and safe. No one can access your personal information.
• Consent based access: Once you give consent, then only the data will be shared with relevant participants.
• Easy signup process: You can create your health ID card using only your basic details along with your Aadhaar or mobile number.
• Voluntary opt-in and opt-out: No compulsory is there to opt for a health ID card.
Is Aadhaar mandatory to create an NDHM health ID?
An Aadhaar card is not compulsory for creating a health ID. By using your mobile number, you can generate a health ID.
How do you get an Ayushman Card?
• Visit the official website of the PMJAY scheme
• Then click on the tab “ Am I eligible”
• By submitting your mobile number and CAPTCHA code, you can generate an OTP button
• Enter your name, State, ration card number, household number, and mobile number
• If your family is covered by the scheme, then your name will also be displayed
How do I download my Ayushman card online?
• Applicants need to visit the official website of pmjay.gov.in
• Now, click on the login option
• Enter your details here and then, click the sign-in button
• A new page will appear on the screen
• Provide your Aadhaar card number and proceed
• Once your thumb impression is verified, click on the approved beneficiary option
• You can find the list of approved golden card
• Choose your name and click on confirm the print option
• Now, you will be sent to the CSC vallet
• You need to enter your password and pin
• Finally, click on the download option
What is the use of health card in India?
By using this card, beneficiaries connect with verified healthcare service providers and healthcare professionals and receive medical prescriptions, lab reports, and diagnoses without any hassle.
Is it mandatory to apply for a digital health ID card?
There is no compulsory for a digital ID card through the ABDM. If you want to get all your records digitally, then you can apply for this health ID.
What is the difference between Ayushman Card and Health Card?
Ayushman Bharat Arogya Card is a different health card that is implemented by the government where you will get health insurance of Rs 5 lakh if you belong to the backward class of the country. On the other hand, a digital health card is something where all your information related to your diseases and medical reports and treatment methods are attached.