ICICI Lombard Health Insurance with OPD Cover
The ongoing pandemic has taught us all to be always prepared. Preparation will ensure that you can handle any adversity thrown at you. And given the constantly increasing costs of medical care, buying a health insurance plan is more of a need than a luxury.
For the ones who are willing to invest in a good health insurance plan, ICICI Lombard is an insurer that will definitely make it to your shortlist.
A health insurance plan covers all medical expenses for injuries as well as illnesses. A health insurance plan allows you to pay for your expenses and reimburse the same with your insurance provider. Alternatively, the insurance provider can clear all the dues with a hospital, without you having to pay anything from your pockets.
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance
ICICI Lombard offers three distinctive health insurance plans that you can choose for yourself or your family members. Should you choose ICICI Lombard health plans, here are some of the major benefits of the same.
- Cashless Treatment: Arranging for money during any kind of treatment can be stressful and make matters worse. A health plan will ensure that you no longer have to worry about that. ICICI Lombard will interact with your hospital and settle the bills directly with them, as long as the hospital is a part of their network. Thus, you do not have to pay anything from your pockets.
- Pre and Post Hospitalisation: Treatments do happen only during a patient’s stay in the hospital. Some medical conditions require medical attention before and after hospitalisation as well. ICICI Lombard covers those expenses as well.
- Complete OPD Cover: ICICI Lombard OPD cover is ideal for outpatient visits. It covers all minor and major health related concerns that are treated in the OPD along with consultations, teleconsultations, pharmacy, regular diagnostics, etc. And you can avail of these as cashless benefits as well.
- Pre-Existing Conditions: A lot of pre-existing conditions are covered as a part of the plan, as long as you meet the waiting period, as specified in the policy documents.
- Tax Benefits: The premiums that you pay towards your health insurance plan offer tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act. Thus, you can save taxes as well as money spent on medical expenses.
- Additional Sum Assured: ICICI Lombard rewards people who stay healthy. For every year that you do not claim your policy, the insurer increases the sum assured of the plan. You can find the details in the policy documents.
As mentioned earlier, you can buy ICICI Lombard health plans in three different flavours. Firstly, you can opt for the Complete Health Insurance. It is a comprehensive health plan that offers extensive coverage for you as well as your loved ones.
Health Booster is the next plan in ICICI Lombard’s arsenal. It is a super top-up health plan and comes in handy when you exhaust the sum assured of your primary health insurance.
If you are looking for something a bit more affordable, the Arogya Sanjeevani plan has your back. The plan comes with a sum assured as low as INR 1 lakh, yet offers adequate coverage.
ICICI OPD cover is included in the Complete Health Insurance Plan and will soon be a part of Health Booster and Arogya Sanjeevani plans as well. The ICICI OPD cover is included in the form of Befit Rider.
The Befit Rider allows subscribers to avail themselves of cashless benefits for their outpatient department treatment. The rider covers your consultation with doctors either via physical presence or virtually through teleconsultation. Health Insurance with OPD cover also has your back during a consultation with specialists or super-specialists. It even covers physiotherapy sessions. The rider is apt for minor surgeries, fractures, pharmacy needs, wellness programs, and regular diagnostics as well.
Since ICICI OPD cover is plugged into the health insurance plan in the form of a rider, you get the best of both worlds. A good health insurance plan ensures that you and your loved ones always have adequate coverage. And the Rider ensures that a lot of your normal out of pocket expenses are taken care of.
Why Choose ICICI Lombard?
The following are some prominent reasons for choosing ICICI Lombard OPD cover along with its health insurance plans.
- The Complete Health plan does not have any kind of sub-limits on room rent. You can opt for a private ward as well, and the insurer will pay for the same.
- The insurance provider offers free health check-ups annually. For the ones who have opted for a family floater, you receive two complimentary health check-ups annually.
- The plan does not have any co-pay clauses, thereby reducing any expenses from your pockets.
If you are looking for a sturdy health insurance plan without any compromises on its coverage, the ICICI Lombard health insurance plans would tick all the boxes. And do so without setting yourself back financially.