ICICI Lombard Health Insurance For Maternity
Rakesh and Sejal are a newly married couple and both work in private companies. To make Sejaj’s birthday intriguing, Rakesh planned a unique gift for her. Instead of giving her materialistic gifts, Rakesh gave her ICICI Lombard health insurance for maternity. This ICICI Lombard maternity policy will give them adequate support and coverage whenever the couple will plan for parenthood.
Every woman wants to get pregnant once or twice after their marriage, as motherhood is the most beautiful and precious gift of God. Though pregnancy brings a bunch of happiness to a family, at the same time, this increases financial liability to many families, particularly those who are not financially stable. Most insurance companies in India don’t offer any special benefits to a pregnant lady. As a result, the family needs to bear all the expenses along with essential pregnancy procedures. All pregnancy-related hospitalization charges are borne by the family and this situation is quite painful financially as well as morally.
Only a few health insurance companies offer maternity health insurance cover to pregnant ladies so that they can enjoy motherhood without worrying about finances.
ICICI Lombard is a reputed and established insurance company in India that embraces customers with multifarious insurance plans. ICICI Lombard Complete Health Insurance is a comprehensive health insurance policy plan that will not only help you in saving tax but also offer maximum coverage features. ICICI Lombard health insurance maternity cover is specially designed for women as it truly caters to their needs. ICICI Lombard maternity insurance offers various covers, including hospitalization cover, maternity cover, and so on. Moreover, as per your requirements, you can also customize the policy plan. Once you purchase this policy plan, it will give the maximum coverage features to you and your family.
Key Features Of ICICI Lombard Maternity Health Insurance
- The waiting period for this policy is 1 or 2 years
- This policy plan comes up with lifelong renewability
- The policy plan offers a free look period of 15 days
- The range of the sum insured is between Rs. 20 lakh to Rs. 50 lakh
- On every renewal, you are eligible for an additional sum insured
- Floater benefit covers every member of your family
- No pre-policy medical check-up is required for people below 46 years
- Pre-existing diseases included immediately after 2 years of continuous coverage
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Maternity Benefits
- This maternity cover is available after 36 months of continuous coverage since the inception of the policy
- You can enjoy the coverage only under a family floater policy
- You can avail yourself of the benefits of this cover if you and your spouse are covered under the same family floater policy
- The policy plan offers all medical expenses related to delivery
- This policy offers newborn baby cover (this policy offers coverage for 91 days from the date of birth of the baby)
- This policy also offers coverage for outpatient treatment (OPD)
- The policy provides wellness and preventive healthcare treatment (vaccination, consultation, physical examinations, education, and training programs)
- This policy offers a daily cash allowance
- The policy provides 30 days pre-hospitalization cover and 60 days post-hospitalization cover
- This policy offers complicated deliveries and cesarean sections incurred during hospitalization
- This policy also covers expenditures towards lawful medical termination of pregnancy during the policy period
- In-patient AYUSH treatment
The minimum entry age for this policy is 6 years. The maximum entry age is not restricted by this policy. The children aged between 3 months to 5 years can be covered only under a floater plan.
- All treatments related to infertility and in-vitro fertilization
- Expenditures related to the treatment of AIDS
- Expenses arising from substance abuse
- Medical expenses claimed during the initial 30 days of the policy
- The costs of spectacles, contact lenses, or dental treatment can be covered under this policy plan
- Ectopic pregnancy is not covered under this benefit
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Claim For Maternity
ICICI Lombard’s health insurance claim settlement ratio is 78.67%. The claim settlement process is also hassle-free and convenient. The company offers both cashless and reimbursement claim processes to its policyholders. The company has more than 5000+ network hospitals where you can enjoy all treatment facilities, including maternity, without a single penny.
The Incurred Claims Ratio (ICR) of ICICI Lombard also depicts its customer-centric presence in the field of health insurance. Incurred Claims Ratio of ICICI Lombard Health Insurance for FY 2018-19 is 76%. An insurance company that has more than 50% ICR is considered trustworthy and reliable.
Hospitalization during pregnancy is a common endeavor. In case of serious complications in the pregnancy, you may need to stay more than one week in the hospital. This will certainly drain out all your savings and these expenses may easily burden an average middle-class family. If there is a health insurance policy that will offer complete coverage for the pregnancy, then this will bring a smile to the members of the family.
It is high time that all health insurance companies in India should come out of their cocoon and start offering dynamic insurance plans, rather than thinking about their own monetary benefits. The health insurance sector in India is still in a burgeoning stage of its performance. You will hardly get a policy that offers comprehensive coverage including pregnancy coverage. While purchasing health insurance, check the policy documents thoroughly, as only then you will come to know whether your selected policy is covering you for the pregnancy and hospitalization charges altogether or not.