How To Register On CO-WIN For COVID-19 Vaccines In India?
The recent unprecedented surge in the COVID-19 pandemic has forced the government to vaccinate everyone as soon as possible. Initially, the Drug Control of India has approved two vaccines (Covaxin and Covishield) and the government has started the vaccination drive from 16th January 2021 onwards. In the first phase, the government has vaccinated all health and frontline workers. But very soon, it has opened COVID vaccine registration online from 1st March 2021 through the CO-WIN portal. Those who are above 60 years and 45 years (with co-morbidities) can go for COVID registration online from 1st March 2021. Now, COVID vaccine registration online in India remains open for everyone above 18 years. People can go for either Covaxin registration or Covishield registration through the Aarogya Setu app as well. From 3rd January 2022, the government has started vaccine registration online for children between 15-18 years.
India has now inoculated more than 148 crore adult population with COVID vaccines. Nearly 80 lakh children have been vaccinated who have completed registration for vaccination in 2 days.
How to Register for COVID Vaccine using the Aarogya Setu app?
The process for vaccine registration in India through the Aarogya Setu app is simpler and convenient. By following the below-mentioned steps, you can accomplish it easily.
- First, you need to install and open the Aarogya Setu app on your mobile and then, select vaccination
- By entering your mobile number, you need to click on proceed
- You will receive an OTP on your mobile number. Now, enter the mobile number and verify for registration
- Select the photo ID options like Aadhar card, voter card, PAN card, passport, etc.
- Enter your location (district) along with your date of birth
- Now, enter the pin code and block and select your nearest vaccination center
- Once your registration is completed, you will receive an SMS mentioning the date and time slot
How to do CO-WIN registration for COVID vaccines?
You can complete your CO-WIN vaccine registration process by visiting the CO-WIN portal. The app is for administrators only, thus you will not find any CO-WIN app in the play store. Now, take a look at the below-mentioned steps to complete your CO-WIN self-registration.
- Visit the portal of www.cowin.gov.in or you can visit the Aarogya Setu app and open the vaccination tab
- Enter your mobile number to receive the OTP and then, enter the OTP
- A registration page will open where you need to provide your name, age, gender, and the photo ID proof
- You need to click on the register button if you are booking vaccination for senior citizens (above 60 years)
- If you are above 45 years and have some underlying conditions, then click on yes when you asked: “do you have comorbidities”?
- Once your registration is done, you will receive a confirmation message on your mobile number
- After registration, the system will display the account details
- A person can register up to 4 beneficiaries by clicking on the “Add” button
- Select the nearest vaccination center by entering your locality and pin code
- Choose the time slot as per your convenience and click on the “booking” option
- A page will show mentioning your booking details and confirmation
- Once your booking is done, an appointment successful page will appear. Just download and save the page.
If there is an emergency, you can reschedule your appointment. In this case, you need to enter your mobile number and OTP to make the necessary changes.
What are the Side-Effects of COVId-19 Vaccines?
The vaccine side effects are mild and relatively resolve within a day or two. Till now, no major side effects have been reported. If you are planning to take Covishield or Covaxin, the companies have mentioned all possible side effects of the vaccines on their websites. You can visit their sites and check all adverse effects of the vaccines.
Covaxin Side Effects
Only mild side effects are observed till now. You may experience pain and swelling on the injection site, redness, itching, and stiffness.
Some other possible side effects are
- Body Ache
Covishield Side Effects
Some common side effects are
- Bruising on the injection site
Some people may experience body aches, headaches, fever, vomiting, flu-like symptoms like runny nose, high temperature, sore throat, and chills.
After the peak of the second wave, the COVID cases have slowed down strikingly. But again, a new variant (Omicron) was detected on 26th November in South Africa. After a few days, the WHO declared this as a “variant of concern”. Now, the Omicron cases are soaring in the world and countries like the USA are reporting more than 10 lakh cases per day over the past few years. In India, the COVID-19 cases are also increasing exponentially. The positivity rate touched more than 5 % on 4th January 2022. The government has again imposed lockdown-like restrictions in various places and is trying to uplift the speed of vaccination. It is urging people to go for COVID-19 registration for vaccine and immunize themselves at the earliest either through Co-WIN Application or through Aarogya Setu Mobile App.
To combat this new variant, everyone should safeguard themselves with an adequate coronavirus insurance policy. You can purchase various COVID-19 specific policies like Corona Kavach, Corona Rakshak, etc. policies to strengthen your protection against this deadly coronavirus. These days, many health insurers are offering COVID-19 policies that include your hospitalization expenses, domiciliary charges, PPE kits, gloves, masks, and other consumable items.
Check out the best available market policies and purchase the most suitable one that will give you the utmost protection against the deadly COVID-19 virus.