How To Register For The Covid-19 Vaccine For Above 45 And 60 Years In India?
The novel coronavirus has been a wake-up call for the world. New-fangled diseases can spring out of the blue and affect people regardless of their race, religion, social status, financial situation, age, and location. This global pandemic has brought the world together to help each other during this time of crisis.
Various countries have found new formulas to treat the effects of the novel coronavirus and the government bodies are strictly recommending that people must be inoculated at the earliest.
The palpable symptoms seem to be manifesting heavily among the middle-aged and elder generation most. Therefore, it is imperative that people above the age of 45 and especially above the age of 60 must be immediately vaccinated against covid-19.
In India, this process has been heavily simplified by government-approved applications that help people register in advance and receive their inoculation with minimum hassle. Today, we will discuss this process so you can register and receive your vaccination or make the necessary arrangements for your family and loved ones immediately.
What applications support the registration process of covid-19 vaccinations?
The government of India is actively insisting that people register with Arogya Setu and Cowin for the covid-19 vaccination. The procedures are quite simple. All you need to do is register, choose your closest location, look for suitable slots available for the vaccination, and choose one that suits you best.
You can choose to get a free vaccination at the organized volunteer camps. These camps are conducting vaccination drives to help inoculate the population faster.
However, if you feel skittish about interacting with so many potential carriers of the novel coronavirus, then you can opt to receive your inoculation at a private hospital. These applications support the signing up of candidates for paid vaccines in smaller numbers so you can rest assured that you won’t be coming in contact with possibly infected individuals.
What is the procedure to register on the Arogya Setu app for covid-19 vaccination for individuals above the age of 45 and 60?
The Arogya Setu App has been in play for quite some time, assisting people in registering for various necessities since the dawn of the pandemic. Therefore, it is likely that you already have an account with the application. All you need to do is go to the vaccination page and select your centre, date, and time slot to acquire your inoculation.
If, on the off-chance, you do not have an account with Arogya Setu, don’t fret. Just follow these simple steps and register with the app to get your vaccination at the earliest.
- Download the Arogya Setu app from your Google Play Store or iStore.
- Click on the Cowin tab on the homepage. This will provide options for
- Input a mobile number where you can receive the One Time Password (OTP) for your registration. Keep in mind, this is the number you will be using to download the vaccination certificate as well, so make sure it is valid.
- You will have to click on ‘Proceed to verify’ to receive your OTP
- Once you receive the requested OTP, enter it in the slot and click on ‘Proceed to verify.’
- After the successful verification of your mobile number, you will have to upload an approved government ID. We recommend the Aadhaar card as it is versatile and acceptable with all your information easily accessible.
- Enter your name, age, gender, and year of birth.
- You can choose to register up to 4 family members so prioritize those above the age of 45 and 60, then proceed to register others under another mobile number.
- Then you will be asked to provide a ‘Proof of eligibility.’ This is simply to ensure that the registered parties looking for inoculation are in fact, above the age of 45 and 60 as they are most vulnerable.
- Check for sites for vaccination based on your state, district, local block, and pin code.
- Choose an available date for inoculation and select a preferred time slot.
- Click on ‘Book’ to make an appointment.
- After the completion of the registration process, the application will send an SMS with the details of your appointment which you must carry with you on the date of vaccination.
What is the procedure to register on the CoWin App for covid-19 vaccination for people above the ages of 45 and 60?
The step-by-step process for registering on the CoWin app for people over 45 and 60 years of age is as follows:
- Download and open the CoWin application or simply log on to the official website on https://www.cowin.gov.in
- Input your mobile number on which you can receive your One Time Password (OTP).
- Input the OTP you received and click to verify your account.
- Now, as you are redirected to the actual vaccination page, you will have to share proof of your approved government photo ID. Keep the card handy during the process and remember that you will need to carry it or at least a soft copy when you go for the vaccination.
- The application page will ask for your official name, age, and gender. If you are above the age of 45 and 60, then the application will prioritize your registration.
- After you fill in the necessary details, click on ‘Register’ to complete the registration process.
- You will then be redirected to the page marked ‘Account Details.’ If you have other family members above the age of 45 and 60, you can register their details too by clicking on ‘Add More.’ You can link up to 3 candidates so prioritize members above the ages of 45 and 60 and use another account for the younger folks.
- Once you have added all the members, you can click on the option to ‘Schedule Appointment.’
- Choose your state, district, and block. If the options generated are still generic or non-existent, then enter your pin code to localize the search.
- You will find several options for paid and unpaid vaccination centres. Choose your preferred centre based on your choice of paid and unpaid vaccination.
- Once you have chosen the centre, choose your preferred date and time. This selection can be altered later but make sure you do so before your chosen appointment slot.
Voila! You have successfully registered for your covid-19 vaccination.
What are some other modes of acquiring the covid-19 vaccination for people above the age of 45 and 60?
Considering the vulnerability of people over the age group of 45 and especially above the age of 60, the government has made the vaccines available for them across the country. The applications, across most states in India, are still favouring registration and providing available slots for people above the ages of 45 and 60.
However, if you are unable to register or cannot find a slot for inoculation then consider calling some of the local hospitals in your area. Some of the government facilities are still providing free vaccination drives. You may need to visit the establishment a day before the intended date of vaccination and sign up locally.
The procedure entails receiving the vaccine as per the sign-up sheet. Once you are inoculated, the volunteers will send a formal notification to your registered mobile number with a certificate that you are immunized. You can download the certificate from the Arogya Setu or CoWin application afterwards.
Several private hospitals are also providing walk-in vaccinations. This is to say that once you have registered on either of the applications yet haven’t found a slot for inoculation, you can choose to visit a private hospital. Much like a walk-in interview, you can call and confirm their usual timing for the vaccination, then visit the establishment at your convenience.
It is primitive that you register on the applications first as you will be asked to share a screenshot or printout of your registration details. Following that, you can acquire one or both of your vaccines at the hospital for a specified fee. Based on whether you choose CoviShield or Covaxin, you will be required to pay different amounts.
Once you inoculate, the hospital coordinators will send a message on your registered mobile number with the details and certification of your immunization. You can download this from either of the registration applications where you have signed up for future reference.
Registering for the covid-19 vaccine may seem like a herculean task. However, given the predicament and intense vulnerability of people above the age of 45 and 60, it is highly recommended to the point of mandating that they get immunized at the earliest.
If you have finished your preliminary registration process but still cannot find a slot for your vaccination, then consider signing up for a local drive. ‘Precaution is better than cure,’ and more so when the adversary is as competent as the novel coronavirus.
Therefore, register on the applications and acquire the vaccinations at the earliest.