How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
Star Health insurance has an astonishing reputation in the field of insurance as it caters to the various needs of the customers. The company embraces its policyholders with customized policies, affordable premiums, and a wide range of coverage. Many people also prefer Star Health insurance due to its quick and hassle-free direct in-house claim settlement service. If you are planning to purchase a Star Health insurance policy, you should know how to file a Star Health insurance claim so that you can utilize your policy in the most possible ways.
One of the imperative factors that a customer should consider before choosing a health insurance policy is a hassle-free claim settlement process. Star Health insurance’s claim process is smooth, convenient, and faster. The company welcomes its customers with two types of claim settlement processes and they are cashless and reimbursement methods. Here, we are going to discuss both in detail so that patients won’t face any difficulties in initiating their claims.
Star Health Insurance Cashless Claim
You need to understand what a cashless claim is before initiating the claim process. A cashless claim is where a policyholder doesn’t need to pay any expenses for the treatment from his side. All expenses are directly covered by the insurer, but you need to get admitted to a network hospital. Star Health insurance has more than 9,900 network hospitals across India where you can enjoy cashless facilities for your treatment without any difficulties.
You need to follow the below-mentioned steps to enjoy a cashless claim.
- Contact the insurance desk of the network hospital where you are planning to get admitted.
- Dial 1800 425 2255 or 1800 012 4477 and inform your insurer (Star Health Insurance Company) about your hospitalization for claims. You can even email all your details to the company.
- After showing your Health ID Card for identification purposes, you can get admitted to the hospital
- Submit all imperative papers, including the Star health cashless claim form to the Hospital. These documents are doctor’s consultation papers, test reports, etc.
- After the completion of your identity verification, the hospital will submit the pre-authorization form to Star Health
- A team of doctors from the Star Health insurance will investigate all your submitted documents
- Once you get discharged from the hospital, the hospital will send all your documents to Star Health and the insurer will settle all the bills directly.
But you may need to pay for all non-payable items or expenses.
Documents You Need to Submit for the Cashless Claim with Star Health Insurance
- Health ID card
- Doctor’s consultation papers
- Discharge summary papers
- Test reports (X-ray, Blood report, etc.)
- Pharmacy invoices
- In case of an accident, a copy of the FIR is required
- If the claim amount is more than Rs.1 lakh, the KYC documents are required
Star Health Insurance Reimbursement Claim
The reimbursement method is another type of claim offered by Star Health insurance. Under this type of claim, the policyholder needs to pay all his/her expenses first and then, he/she will initiate a claim from the insurer. The reimbursement facility applies to both network and non-network hospitals. But you need to inform your insurer (Star Health insurance) about the claim within 24 hours of hospitalization.
- Within 15 days from the date of discharge, you can get your reimbursement from the insurer for both network and non-network hospitals.
- After admitting to a hospital, you will receive the required treatment for your diseases/injuries. Once you get discharged from the hospital, you need to submit all the original documents related to your treatment and medical bills at the same time.
- You need to submit all your documents along with the Star Health reimbursement form to the company within 15 days of getting discharged.
- To get the Star health claim form, you need to give your policy number.
- You can visit the official website of the Star health claim portal to download the Star health insurance claim form. Star Health reimbursement claim form possesses all the instructions that you need to follow to register a Star reimbursement claim.
- The Star Health insurance will reimburse all your expenditures as per the terms and conditions. But you need to pay for all non-payable items from your side.
Documents You Need for a Reimbursement Claim with Star Health Insurance
You need to submit the below-mentioned documents to initiate a reimbursement claim.
- Copy of Health ID card
- Properly filled Star health insurance reimbursement claim form
- Doctor’s consultation documents
- The discharge summary of the hospital
- Test reports such as X-rays, scans, blood reports, etc.
- Cash receipts from hospitals and pharmacists
- FIR copy in case of an accident
- Copy of the KYC documents
- NEFT details, contact number and Email ID
Star Health Insurance Online Claim
Star Health insurance encourages online claim settlement to make the claim settlement process more user-friendly and faster. Now, you can get your claims quickly within a few hours. For cashless claims, the company has a track record of setting claims even within 2 hours. Now, with online claim submission, you can know what percentage of the claim will be covered by the insurer, what are the deductibles, and the tentative date of the claim settlement.
With the help of the online star health claim settlement process, you can get a detailed idea of out-of-pocket expenses that won’t be covered by your Star Health insurance plans.
Every claim will be settled within a stipulated period so that the customers won’t meet any problems in recuperating their expenses from the company. For a smooth and hassle-free claim settlement, you must submit all your relevant documents along with the claim form to the in-house team of the insurer.