Health Insurance for Women – Points and Insight
Women are always worried about anything and everything except their health. Whether it is your mother, your daughter, your sister, or your wife, the fact remains that she plays all her roles beautifully and goes through life with such grace that you fail to consider what would happen if there is a medical emergency.
This is why you should not put off purchasing health insurance anymore. You need to get health insurance for women who you love and cherish. And if you are a woman who has been considering purchasing health insurance for women in India, then stop putting off that decision now.
Today, we are going to help you find the best health insurance for women. Finding the best health insurance policy for women will not be easy. However, with our help, you will be able to find the best health insurance for women without any hassle.
Why Is a Good Female Health Insurance Important?
Investing in the best health insurance for single females will ensure that the woman stays in good health and has the necessary resources to rely on if things do go south. Other benefits of getting the best health insurance plan for women are:
- Good health will provide a woman with a life without any suffering caused due to unnecessary pain or discomfort
- Good health will not just reflect internally but will also shine on the face of the woman
- The woman will have a fit body and will also ensure that she is energetic throughout the day
- A healthy woman will stay in good shape throughout her life even when she grows old
- If the woman is healthy, then she will be better able to interact with other people and have satisfying relationships
- Good health will provide the woman with an ability to grow faster and learn
Additional Perks of Having Medical Insurance for Women
Apart from all these personal benefits that we have discussed till now, there are also some additional perks that one will get. Some of these points related to the importance of health insurance for women are:
- Tackling Medical Emergencies: Dealing with medical emergencies can be difficult for anybody. However, it is harder for women as they have several people depending on them. This is why a health insurance policy can help tackle these emergencies without any hassle
- Inflation: Middle-class families are the worst affected when it comes to getting hit by inflation. This has been true in the case of healthcare cost inflation. And if you get a health insurance policy, then you can make sure that you don’t have to worry about the rising costs of medical treatments when you want to avail of good quality medical services
- Access to Better Quality Medical Facilities: With the help of medical insurance, you don’t have to worry about paying very high amounts on every single trip to the doctor’s office. This means that you can access better quality medical facilities without the fear of paying the costs out of your own pocket
- Tax Benefits: It is always a bonus when you get benefited by tax in any terms. And according to Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, tax deductions are applicable against the payments made for self, spouse, dependent children, and dependent parents. One can claim deductions up to INR 25,000
- Peace of Mind: If you have ever purchased health insurance before, then you know that there is a sense of peace of mind and satisfaction that you get when you and your entire family are secured. You know that there is someone you can rely on financially in case of a medical emergency
How to Buy a Health Insurance Policy for Women?
You are now familiar with the benefits and perks of getting health insurance for women. This is why the next thing to do is go over the steps that you need to follow while purchasing a health insurance policy for women.
The first thing to note is that there are several health insurance policies available in the market for women. This is why finding the right health insurance policy can be quite a task. However, to make the task easier, there are some features that one must look for in a health insurance policy and health insurance policy provider. These features are:
- Good Network of Hospitals: A medical emergency can occur at any time and without any notice. This is why you must choose a health insurance provider that has a good network of hospitals. This will save your time and effort in case there is nobody available near you at the time of an emergency.
- Waiting Period: These days girls as young as fifteen or sixteen suffer from conditions like thyroid and other hormonal problems. This is not normal and will require treatment. But, sadly, some pre-existing diseases have a long waiting period of 2-5 years before one can get proper treatment. This is why you must either select a health insurance policy with less amount of waiting period or buy the health insurance when the woman is young.
- Maternity Cover: There are some policies that also provide maternity cover. This means that if you are planning for a pregnancy, then selecting a special policy with maternity cover will be more beneficial for you. It should be noted here that some medical health insurance providers have a waiting period for maternity cover. You must keep the waiting period in mind or buy a policy with no or less waiting period.
- Claim Process and Claim Settlement Ratio: There is no use in having a health insurance policy if your claim request is refused for no proper reason or you are unable to submit a claim request. This is why you must find a health insurance provider with an easy claim process and a good claim settlement ratio.
You can use these points to narrow down the list of health insurance plans available online for women. After that, you can go through the details of the policy and read some reviews. Once you are done with all this, then you would have a clear idea regarding the kind of health insurance policy for women that you would want to buy.