HDFC Ergo Health Insurance for Parents
A little story got Raveendran thinking hard one night. His roommate had just come back from the hills where his native place was. He went on and on about how his parents, who were employed in the private sector, only had group insurance of their employer till retirement and thereafter, were seemingly depending on his own employer insurance coverage which was not at all adequate. He was talking of their lack of awareness and how he would have to now take a plan with a fatter premium amount. On this account, Raveendran asked his friend- “But aren’t you also at fault? You should have enquired and got the plan much earlier.”
The answer never came. The same aspect kept haunting Raveendran and when he woke up, he knew he had a job to do. He called his brother the next morning and asked him to do homework on the best health insurance plans for both his parents. His mother was a homemaker and was currently covered under his father’s group insurance plan from a private entity where he worked. Both him and his brother were above 25 and had separate employer policies of their own. In the next few days, Raveendran completed his task.
Be like Raveendran. Choose the best health insurance plans for your parents, especially as they near advancing age and retirement. You should make sure that they have sufficient coverage to meet their healthcare needs. In this context, you may try HDFC Ergo health insurance plans. There are several HDFC Ergo health insurance plans worth checking out but the one for parents is always the best solution for all needs.
Main Highlights of HDFC Ergo Parental Insurance
- There is COVID-19 coverage available under this plan for your parents.
- The HDFC Ergo health insurance claim settlement ratio stands at 86.52%.
- HDFC parental insurance also comes with in-house facilities for the settlement of claims.
- HDFC Ergo health insurance for parents also gives you the benefits of a vast and pan-Indian network of more than 10,000 hospitals.
- The company has already sold more than 10, 66, 396 policies till date.
- There is renewability available for a lifetime as well.
Benefits of HDFC Ergo Health Insurance for Parents
- Coverage for most medical costs and emergency treatments.
- Renewability for a lifetime which is one of the most beneficial features of HDFC Ergo parents health insurance.
- Maximum coverage including pre and post-hospitalization costs, inpatient treatments and other expenditure along with optional double sum insured coverage for critical illnesses. There is also the waiver of sub-limits on room rent upon paying an extra premium.
- Wide sum insured range between Rs. 1 lakh and Rs. 5 lakh on average.
- There are zero restrictions in terms of the entry age.
- There are more than 10,000 hospitals for availing of the cashless treatment facility.
- Pre-existing ailments are covered after a period of 36 months of coverage (continuous).
- 10% as the co-payment for each claim of the insured individual who is above the age of 80.
- A discount of 5% on a policy tenure of two years.
- A family discount (10%) on the overall premium that is payable for coverage of more than two members in the family.
- 5% as the cumulative bonus for every sum insured in the claim-free year upon renewal.
- Maternity and newborn coverage options.
- Coverage for children up to the age of 23 years.
- Coverage for domiciliary hospitalization, Ayurvedic procedures, daycare treatments and hospitalization in case of an accident.
- Recovery benefits (value-added coverage) and more.
The eligibility guidelines are simple; the minimum entry age is three months while the maximum age of entry is 18 for adult policyholders. The policy does not include pre-existing ailments, injuries, and other specific medical conditions for a specific duration (called the waiting period). There is no coverage for any genetic ailments or procedures like stem cell surgery/implantation. There is no coverage for taking part in defense-related operations and war-based injuries along with the costs of organ/donor screening.
The Optima Senior policy is a dedicated plan for healthcare needs of your parents that you can avail in this regard as well. This has an entry age of 61 years and comes with a sum insured amount of Rs. 2 lakh and upwards. Getting your parents suitably insured not only has immense mental peace in the future, but also prevents an erosion of your hard-earned savings down the line.
HDFC Ergo Health Insurance for Parents FAQs
What is the policy that you can choose?
You can either choose the Optima Senior policy or opt for the family healthcare coverage plan offered by HDFC Ergo.
What is the coverage offered by the plan?
Plans like the Optima Senior policy offer sum insured amounts of Rs. 2 lakh while the family plan offers coverage between Rs. 1-5 lakh on average.
How many network hospitals are there under HDFC Ergo health insurance plans?
You can take your pick from a vast network of more than 10,000 network hospitals under the aegis of HDFC Ergo.
Is there any co-payment clause under the family policy?
The family healthcare policy contains a co-payment clause where you will have to make 10% as your share of the healthcare cost in case any senior in the family above 80 years of age is being treated.
How long are dependent children covered under the plan?
Dependent children are covered under the HDFC Ergo health insurance plan till they turn 23 years of age.