HDFC ERGO Health Insurance For Maternity
These days, people are fully aware of the thriving costs of the healthcare system including increasing expenditures of maternity and child care. To meet the costs of childbirth and other expenses related to pregnancy, modern couples chalk out their financial plans to avoid turmoil. Opting for maternity insurance is becoming a pivotal part of that planning. Though the popularity of maternity cover or insurance is still rising, many policyholders don’t have adequate knowledge regarding the key features and benefits of such a policy. They also get confused regarding which policy they should prefer to get the maximum benefits and coverage.
HDFC ERGO maternity insurance is a popular maternity cover that every couple should consider before plunging into parenthood. HDFC ERGO’s Health Suraksha Gold with Regain and ECB is the perfect HDFC ERGO maternity cover that reimburses both pre-and post-delivery expenses. HDFC maternity insurance provides coverage on both normal and cesarean delivery. HDFC ERGO health insurance for maternity is a unique plan that offers coverage for all healthcare expenses of the newborn child from birth. The plan covers an array of benefits including inpatient treatment, pre-and post-hospitalization treatment costs, organ donor expenses, emergency ambulance expenses, and so on. It comes with the optional ‘Regain Benefit’ and ‘Enhanced Cumulative Bonus’ rewards.
Some Salient Features of HDFC ERGO Health Maternity Insurance
- The plan comes up with a sum insured range from Rs. 3 Lakh to Rs. 10 Lakh
- With this plan, you are eligible for cashless treatment at more than 9000+ network hospitals
- Mother expenses coverage (Max up to Rs. 15,000 for normal and Rs. 25,000 for C-section)
- The plan offers coverage for newborn baby
- A plethora of daycare treatment procedures are covered by the plan
- The plan comes up with lifetime renewability
- No sub-limits on room rent, diseases, doctor fees, and hospital charges
- No medical checkup is required for 45 years, etc.
- There is no age limit for entry
- The claim process is smooth, convenient and hassle-free
- The plan offers maternity coverage only after 4 years.
- After 4 years, the plan also provides automatic health insurance coverage for the newborn without paying any additional premium
HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Maternity Benefits
- This policy offers coverage for a plethora of daycare procedure
- The policy provides AYUSH treatment and convalescence benefit
- Optional [Regain benefit (automatic basic sum insured option is available if the basic sum insured inclusive of the no claim bonus has been drained during the policy year)]
- Optional [An increased cumulative bonus is also available with this policy (For every claim-free year, an automatic increase of 10% of the sum insured, up to 100% of the sum insured)]
- You will be eligible for tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act
- 5% bonus on the sum insured for every claim-free year
- If you include two or more family members under this plan, you will get a family discount of 10%
The plan doesn’t come up with a minimum or a maximum entry age limit. If both parents are covered under the same policy plan, then children below 5 years will also be covered.
- Any injury due to adventurous sports activities will not be covered
- Self-inflicted or intentional injuries won’t be covered
- War injuries or illness, nuclear weapons, or any accidents due to defense operations won’t be covered
- The policy won’t reimburse for the treatment of venereal or sexually transmitted diseases
- Obesity treatment, dental implants, cosmetic or plastic surgeries won’t be covered
- Regular health checkups with your doctor are not covered under the plan
- The costs of vitamin supplements and tonics are not covered unless they are part of your treatment
- Diagnostic tests during pregnancy are also not covered
Is Maternity Insurance a Default Part of a Health Insurance Policy?
Maternity insurance is no more a part of your basic health insurance policy. This is add-on coverage that most health insurance policies, like HDFC ERGO health insurance. These days, the cost of healthcare treatment is soaring, and the same goes for maternity expenses. Thus, many insurance providers have started offering maternity cover as part of the health insurance policies. Most policyholders opt for health insurance policies, thinking that maternity features will be a part of the scheme. But the reality is not the same. So, check with your insurance provider about the same before making any commitment. Does HDFC ERGO health insurance cover maternity? Yes, it does offer this absolutely necessary coverage to expecting mothers.
How is the Premium Amount Decided for Maternity Cover?
The premium amount for a health insurance policy that offers maternity benefits is usually on the higher side. But for couples who are planning to extend their family in the near future; going for maternity cover is a prudent move. Maternity and pregnancy-related expenses are costlier and they will certainly make a hole in your pocket. To lessen their out-of-pocket expenses, couples should opt for this kind of add-on coverage.
Maternity insurance or pregnancy health insurance plan reimburses all expenses related to childbirth. When you are spending your precious time taking care of the expecting mother, HDFC ERGO health insurance for maternity plan will give you relief from financial burden. If you still didn’t purchase this plan, then this is time to opt for this health insurance and give the utmost protection and coverage to mother and baby.