Buy Health Insurance Policy Without Health Check-ups
The sky-high costs of healthcare treatments have forced people to purchase health insurance policies to get protected against several illnesses. That’s the reason behind the unfathomable growth of the Indian health insurance sector over the past few years. But many are still reluctant in purchasing health insurance plans due to pre-policy health checkups at the time of purchasing.
What is a Pre-Policy Medical Check-Up or Pre-Entrance Health Check-Up?
While purchasing a health insurance policy, insurance companies evaluate your risks of diseases and injuries before selling their products. You can’t predict injuries, but the occurrence of diseases can easily be predicted based on your health condition and family history. That is why most insurers ask you to go for specific healthcare check-ups before you enjoy the benefits of the coverage. These check-ups are known as pre-entrance health check-ups as they are much needed before buying a health insurance policy.
Why are such medical check-ups required?
Before issuing a policy, insurance providers want to weigh the probability of claims that the policyholders will raise in future. To evaluate this probability, they keep stress on pre-entrance medical check-ups. By conducting these healthcare checkups, insurance companies understand the current medical condition of the insured person.
They also check whether the intended customer is suffering from pre-existing illnesses or medical complications. If the medical reports are good and satisfactory, then insurance companies used to offer coverage to the insured immediately. If there are some complications in medical reports, then health insurance companies can do one or more of the below-mentioned things.
- Enhance your premium amount to compensate for the higher health risk
- Limit your coverage benefits
- Give certain coverage restrictions for specific illnesses diseases that might arise due to the medical complication mentioned in the report
- If you belong to a very high-risk group, then they might reject your proposal
The Requirement of Medical Check-Ups in Health Insurance Plans
Not all health insurance plans will force you to go for pre-entrance health check-ups. You can purchase health insurance without a medical test from some insurance companies. You require pre-entrance check-ups under the following conditions:
1. If your age is high
If you are above 45 years, then insurers may ask you to go for pre-entrance health check-ups. It is believed that people up to 45 years are healthy and fit. Medical complications arise with your age. So, you may find many plans where pre-policy health check-ups are required if you are aged above 45 years. Some health insurance companies offer medical insurance without medical test in India till 55 or even 60 years of age.
2. If you go for a high sum insured
If you are looking for a higher sum insured amount, the risk for the insurance company enhances as the claim amount surges. Insurance plans that come up with a high sum insured may need pre-entrance health check-ups even when you are young. Some insurance plans ask for pre-entrance medical check-ups if the sum insured amount is above Rs. 10 lakh while some plans might allow coverage up to Rs. 20 lakhs without healthcare check-ups. For a higher sum insured amount, medical check-ups are compulsory even if you are purchasing health insurance at a young age.
3. If you mentioned an adverse medical condition in the proposal form
While filling up the proposal form you may need to provide your medical history and current healthcare condition. If you mention any critical medical complication or condition, then the insurer might ask you to go for a medical check-up before issuing the policy. This could be irrespective of your age and your chosen sum insured amount.
Health Insurance with No Medical Exam
Let’s take a look at some plans that offer health insurance without medical:
1. Star Senior Citizen Red Carpet Health Insurance Policy
The plan is exclusively designed for senior citizens and provides coverage for people between 60 to 75 years. Once you submit your medical records, you will be eligible for a 10% discount on premium amounts.
Key features are:
- Plans are come up with the tenure of 1, 2, and 3 years
- The range of sum insured is between Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 25 lakh
- For every claim-free year, health check-up costs are covered for a certain limit
- All daycare procedures and ambulance charges are covered under the policy plan
- The policy offers coverage for pre-hospitalization for up to 30 days
2. National Parivar Mediclaim Policy
This plan protects the complete health of a family based on a single sum insured amount.
Key features are:
- The range of sum insured is between Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 10 lakh and is available for 1, 2 or 3 years.
- The minimum entry age is 91 days and the maximum age is 65 years
- The plan offers coverage for self, parents, spouse, and dependent kids.
- The policy offers a lifetime renewal feature and also, provides no pre-policy checkup up to the age of 50 years.
- The plan offers pre-and post-hospitalization cover for 30 days and 60 days respectively,
- Nearly 140 daycare procedures are covered under the plan
- The delivery of baby or termination of pregnancy is also covered (maximum twice in a policy period)
3. Oriental Insurance Happy Family Floater Policy
This plan offers coverage for up to 7 family members, including 4 adults and 3 kids, with lifetime renewal benefits.
Key features are:
- The plan embraces insurers with some specific pre-existing diseases with a waiting period of 4 years.
- The plan allows no pre-medical screening below the age of 60
- The plan has three variants, i.e., silver, gold, and diamond plan, with the sum insured amount between Rs.1 lakh to Rs. 20 lakh
- Nearly 24 daycare procedures are covered under the health policy
- The plan compensates for the costs of hospitalization, nursing, pathological tests, medicine, etc.
These are some of the plans that offer health insurance without any medical check-ups. But if you are looking for a higher sum insured amount, then medical check-ups are mandatory. Compare all the plans and then purchase the most suitable one according to your requirements.