Buy Health Insurance For Omicron COVID Variant
The deadly virus is back and that too is in a new form. We have all the news channels and reports spreading awareness about it. Omicron, the new COVID-19 variant has raised concerns all across the world. After spreading its wings in many countries, it has now started affecting the Indian population as well. Though the Government in India has still not announced anything about the Omicron vaccine efficacy, it is believed that those already vaccinated with the double-vaccine may not get adversely affected by this new COVID-19 variant called Omicron.
Taking into consideration the rapid increase in the number of Omicron COVID-19 cases in India, buying Omicron Health Insurance is a must. If you already have a health insurance policy, make sure to check with your insurer that whether or not, it offers Omicron insurance coverage.
Let us understand what is Omicron variant is and why buy health insurance plans for the Omicron COVID-19 variant?
What is the Omicron Variant of Coronavirus?
Omicron, termed as a variant of concern by WHO, has more than 30 mutations of the original strain of the virus. With more power to spread its infection, the Omicron variant of coronavirus is believed to be more contagious than the earlier variants of COVID-19. The only way to stay away from its infection is following a COVID Appropriate Behavior (CAB) that includes social distancing, wearing masks and avoiding gatherings and crowds.
This new variant that first emerged in South Africa has symptoms quite similar to the common cold and flu, so at times it becomes difficult for people to distinguish between Omicron and common flu.
Some Symptoms of Omicron Variant
Let us understand some common symptoms experienced by those infected by the Omicron variant of coronavirus:
- High Fever
- Dry Cough
- Body Ache
- Breathing Difficulty
Why Buy Health Insurance for Omicron?
Fortunately, all the existing health insurance policies in India are offering a cover for expenses incurred due to the treatment of the Omicron variant of coronavirus. It is because, IRDAI has directed all the insurance companies to provide apt coverage for coronavirus without taking into consideration, which variant has infected the insured life. Thus, all the coronavirus health insurance plans, for instance, Corona Kavach Plan and others will cover the treatment expenses for the Omicron variant too.
There are several benefits of health insurance for the Omicron COVID-19 variant. Let us have a look at some of them:
- Covers Hospitalization Expenses: The best Omicron health insurance plan will cover the insured against all the hospitalization expenses incurred due to Omicron virus treatment.
- Covers Home Treatment Expenses: Buy health insurance for Omicron and you will get coverage for all your COVID-19 home treatment expenses.
- Covers Expenses of Essential COVID Consumables: A good insurance for Omicron will also cover the expenses of all the essential COVID-19 consumables like masks, gloves, oxygen, and PPE kits, etc.
- Cashless Hospitalization: With Omicron insurance coverage you will get the facility of cashless hospitalization at a plethora of hospitals that are affiliated with the insurer.
- Add-on Covers: You also get the benefit of adding add-on covers to increase the policy coverage of your health insurance plan for the Omicron variant.
- Easy Co-Payment: Unlike with other claim settlements, one done for Omicron allows you to go for an easy co-payment method.
What is included in the Top Omicron Health Insurance India Plan?
Listed below are the common coverage included in the best Omicron health insurance plans in India:
- Day Care Procedure Expenses
- Road Ambulance Expenses
- Pre-Hospitalization Expenses
- Post-Hospitalization Expenses
- In-Patient Hospitalization Expenses
- Home Treatment Expenses
- AYUSH Treatment Expenses
- Organ Donor Expenses
- Critical Illness Hospitalization
- Maternity Benefit
- Recovery Benefit
- Daily Hospital Cash
What is not included in the Best Omicron Insurance Plans in India?
Now, that you have understood what is included in an Omicron health plan, it is time to also understand what all is excluded:
- Omicron Testing is done at an unauthorized center
- Home Quarantine Expenses
- Non-recognized Centre Quarantine Expenses
- Expenses of Hospitalization done without Doctor’s Advice
- Expenses on Non-proven Treatments
- Expenses on Dietary Supplements
- Expenses on Offshore Traveling to Restricted Countries
Ways to Claim for Omicron Health Insurance:
At present, there are two main ways to claim Omicron health insurance. Have a look at both the ways:
- Reimbursement Claims: In case, an Omicron-infected insured person gets treatment in a non-affiliated hospital, then he/she can ask for reimbursement claims. In this situation, the insured will have to first pay the entire hospitalization bill to get discharged and this will make him/her eligible to request reimbursement claims from the insurance company. Make sure to submit all the essential documents required by the insurer to verify your claims and facilitate your pay-out without any hassles.
- Cashless Claims: As the name suggests, under cashless claims, the life insured need not pay any hospitalization expenses incurred due to him/her testing positive for this new COVID variant, provided it is done in a hospital affiliated by the insurer. Cashless claims for Omicron can be availed by filling some forms.
The current health scenarios in the world are such that buying a health insurance plan is one of the top priorities for many people. Now, that many countries of the world are engulfing in the grab of the latest Omicron variant, checking whether your existing health policy offers Omicron Insurance is crucial. It is altogether another thing whether we will get a different variant Omicron Vaccine or not, but we can get adequate insurance for Omicron variant health online from some of the top insurers.