Bharti AXA Health Insurance Claim Settlement
Bharti AXA Health Insurance claim settlement ratio is very high but that is not the only reason why this company is so famous. Bharti AXA makes sure that all their policyholders get a very convenient claim settlement process to experience.
The company also provides policyholders with a Bharti AXA online statement. This ensures that everything is above board and that customers are always satisfied with the insurance services.
Bharti AXA has always put a lot of focus on making sure that their policyholders are aware of the Bharti AXA claim settlement process in advance. This is why many customers can easily place requests for cashless claim settlement and reimbursement claim settlement.
Bharti AXA Claim Settlement Process
As of now, Bharti AXA has over 4,500 hospitals within its network. Policyholders can get cashless treatments at these hospitals. But for that, one has to file for a cashless claim first. And the steps that you have to follow to apply for that claim are:
- Contact the nearest network hospital in the city where you wish to get the cashless treatment service
- Intimate Bharti AXA within 24 hours in case of emergency hospitalization and in case of planned hospitalization, the intimation should be done 48 hours in advance
- Make sure that you are carrying your health insurance cashless card and one photo ID proof while visiting the hospital
- Fill the pre-authorization request form available at the hospital
- Submit the pre-authorization request form at the hospital. The network hospital would send the form to a Bharti AXA branch office
- Within 6 hours of receiving the form, Bharti AXA will intimate the patient and the hospital for the settling of the bills
- In case of emergency hospitalization, the TPA will issue a letter to the hospital authority regarding the coverage of the plan and settle it accordingly
- If coverage for the treatment is not provided, then a letter will be sent to the policyholder stating the reasoning for the same
Bharti AXA claim settlement can also be done through a reimbursement claim facility. A reimbursement claim facility is provided at both network and non-network hospitals. The steps that policyholders need to follow for starting off the reimbursement claim process are:
- Make it a point to notify Bharti AXA within 48 hours of being hospitalized
- Send all your details, including invoices, discharge documents, and medical reports, through email to Bharti AXA
- All reimbursement claims are intimated within 7 days from the discharge date of the hospital
- If the insured has been admitted to a non-network hospital, then the documents can be sent within 30 days of discharge
- The pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization charges can also be submitted within 15 days of completing the post-hospitalization period
- All reimbursement claims are settled within 30 days from the submission of the document
- One will have to pay for all the expenses if the procedure or treatment is outside the scope of coverage. In this case, one has to send all the original and relevant documents with the claim form to Bharti AXA
- If all goes well, the payment will be made within 21 days of document acceptance
- If the claim is rejected, the policyholder will receive a letter stating the reason for the rejection
Documents Required for Bharti AXA Claim Settlement
The documents that you need to submit while applying for Bharti AXA claim settlement are:
- A copy of the health card
- Original investigation reports
- Final hospital discharge summary
- FIR or post-mortem report, if required
- Pharmacy bills
- Original hospital bills
- Valid photo ID proof
- Treating doctor’s report
- Original consultation notes
- Nature of operation performed
- Bill and receipt of the surgeon
- Identification card of the patient
- PAN card of the insured
- Individual’s canceled cheque – CTS 2010 format
- Scanned copy of the 1st page of bank statement
- Scanned copy of the 1st page of bank passbook
Bharti AXA Health Insurance Claim Settlement Ratio
We have earlier mentioned that the Bharti AXA health insurance claim settlement ratio is very high. And if you don’t believe us, then we are here to tell you that this ratio is an amazing 89% for the financial year of 2018 – 2019. This shows that Bharti AXA is a good insurance company from which you can buy health insurance without any worry.
Coverage of Bharti AXA Health Insurance Plans
If you are planning to purchase a Bharti AXA health insurance policy, then you should also know about the inclusions and exclusions that are applicable for these policies. You can go through the list of inclusions first which is given below.
- Pre-existing disease coverage after a waiting period of 48 months
- Coverage for some pre-specified diseases and illnesses is provided after a waiting period of 24 months
- An initial waiting period of 30 days is also applicable for all illnesses. This is not applicable in case of renewal and accidents
- Maternity expense coverage is provided as an added benefit after a waiting period of 9 months since the inception of the first policy with the company
- Critical illness coverage is provided after a waiting period of 60 days and after a survival period of 30 days
- After a waiting period of 48 months, internal congenital anomalies and genetic disorders are also covered
The exclusions that are applicable for Bharti AXA health insurance policies are:
- Any illness, disease, or injury experienced while performing duties as a serving member of the military or police force in the case of war or any war like occurrence. Invasions, acts of foreign enemies, civil war, hostilities, rebellion, insurrections, revolutions, military power, usurped power, mutiny, capture, arrest, seizure, restraints, and detainment are included as war like occurrences
- Any illness or injury which has directly or indirectly resulted during the commission of any breach of law by the insured individual with criminal intent
- Dental treatment or surgery that does not require hospitalization
- Circumcision that is not considered to be medically necessary for the treatment of disease, illness, or injury
- Birth control procedures
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Treatment arising or traceable to pregnancy
- Voluntary medical termination of pregnancy
Reviews and Ratings
Policyholders love the services and health insurance plans provided by Bharti AXA. This is evident from the glowing reviews that have been mentioned below.
- Easy Bharti AXA claim settlement by Ishita Arora (5 stars / 5 stars)
I have been a Bharti AXA policyholder for quite some time now. I have always been satisfied with their services but today I’m very happy. They quickly processed my claim request and handled everything so smoothly. They have won a customer for life now!
- Top Customer Service by Chinansha Garg (4 stars / 5 stars)
I really like my Bharti AXA health insurance policy. I also like their customer service department a lot as they have always handled my queries and made it very easy for me to renew. You should 100% buy Bharti AXA health insurance plans.
I’m a Bharti AXA policyholder. Can I get cashless claim settlement services?
Yes, Bharti AXA provides cashless claim settlement services to all policyholders.
I’m just 25 years old. Is critical illness cover important for people like me?
Yes, critical illness cover is important for young people. This is because critical illnesses can occur to anybody regardless of their age. Hence, it is safer to get critical illnesses cover.
Does Bharti AXA provide critical illness cover in its health insurance plans?
Yes, Bharti AXA provides critical illness cover with its health insurance plans.