Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana (BSBY), Rajasthan
The Bhamashah Yojana or the Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana is a scheme for all Rajasthan citizens. The BSBY Rajasthan aims at ensuring cashless services for IPD patients of the State. Families under the RSBY or NFSA schemes may readily register under this plan.
The Bhamashah Yojana Rajasthan was announced in 2014-15 as part of the Budget and premium payments are fixed for every family. They have to be made annually on the floater policy framework. The insurance agency for the scheme is selected through a two-stage procedure of bidding. The insurer selected by the authorities was the New India Assurance Company since it offers comparatively reasonable rates for pan-India healthcare coverage.
Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana (BSBY), Rajasthan Details
|Scheme||Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana|
|Initiated By||Vasundhara Raje|
|Execution Date||13th December 2015|
|Coverage For||BPL (Below Poverty Line) IPD Patients|
Features of Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Scheme
There are many features of the Bhamashah Card or BSBY scheme as a whole. They include the following:
- The scheme offers financial coverage for medical treatments and ailments while enabling lower extra costs.
- The Bhamashah card status helps people reduce financial outgo on healthcare needs of family members.
- The scheme aims at building a mega State-wide health database that may be used for policy decisions in the future.
- The scheme encourages the private sector to provide hospitalization and treatments, especially in semi-urban and rural areas while taking the load off Government centers.
Key Benefits of Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana
- Beneficiaries under the RSBY (Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana) and NFSA (National Food Security Scheme) are eligible for getting their Bhamashah cards.
- Easy Bhamashah card download and Bhamashah card apply online facilities.
- Claims processing software developed in-house with transparent and standardized pricing templates for all hospitals.
- Properly laid-down and verified health and treatment protocols.
- Mobile application for tracking district Government officials.
- Removal of the TPA and better tracking to avoid leakage or escalation in costs.
- People can visit private facilities for treatments.
- Coverage is given for 7 days in case of pre-hospitalization expenditure and is up to Rs. 30,000 for general ailments. It is Rs. 3 lakh for critical illnesses and 15 days for post-hospitalization costs. There is a transport allowance of Rs. 100-150 as well.
- People get 1,045 packages to select under the General Illnesses category along with 170 and 500 packages under government hospitals and critical illnesses respectively.
- Cashless services and benefits are available through private and public healthcare institutions (empanelled).
- Package costs cover consultant fees, bed costs, nursing and boarding costs, consumable items, pathological, radiological, and diagnostic tests, blood, anesthesia, transportation allowance, and food charges among other costs.
Procedure for Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Claims
The scheme is entirely cashless and the State Government will fund all the medical costs of the cardholder admitted in the hospital and within the limit. The member will have to show the card and other identification during admission into the hospital. Treatment will begin after getting authorization.
Documents Required for Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Scheme
The following documents are required for claims:
- Valid Photo Identity Proof.
- Prescription of the Doctor.
- Indoor Slip.
- Valid BSBY beneficiary ID Card.
- Photograph of the Patient while getting admitted.
- Photograph of the Patient while getting discharged.
- Discharge ticket from the hospital.
- Copy of all the investigation reports.
Aspects of the Bhamashah Card
- Women of 21 and above are the heads of their families in Rajasthan under this scheme.
- All monetary benefits are transferred to the bank accounts of these female heads.
- Beneficiaries will obtain their nomination and their cards as a part of this scheme.
- Women may register through the official website or at Gram Panchayat camps held in the State.
Card Registration Procedure
- First applicants have to go to the official website- http://suraaj.rajasthan.gov.in/.
- They have to choose Bhamashah Enrollment as their option for the home page.
- Under the same, there will be 7 options including Bhamashah Citizen Enrollment, Bhamashah Citizen Registration, Bhamashah Card Status, Forget Registration Number, Upload Number, Acknowledgement Receipt and Bhamashah Citizen PDF Enroll.
- Click Bhamashah Citizen Registration and fill-up the form by providing details like the Aadhar number, name, gender, and phone number.
- Click on Submit.
- Click on Bhamashah Citizen Enrollment after registering successfully.
- You have to enter the registration number.
- Click again on Submit.
- It will show the Bhamashah Family Nomination registration form.
- You have to enter basic details and attach necessary documents correctly.
- Thereafter, click on Submit.
- You will receive your receipt number and keep it safely for use in the future.
Download Bhamashah Yojana Card
- Login to the SSO account.
- Click the Citizen App link.
- Click on the e-card for downloading the final Bhamashah Card.
How to Check Bhamashah Card Status?
Here are the steps to be followed for the Bhamashah online check status:
- You should first go to https://bhamashahapp.rajasthan.gov.in/bhamashahmain/getCardStatus.
- Choose any one out of the receipt number or the family identification numbers.
- Click Search for viewing the card status.
These are the steps that you need to follow for obtaining your Bhamashah Card and getting access to healthcare coverage within prescribed limits. This is one of the highly effective welfare-oriented initiatives of the Rajasthan State Government that you should opt for. Make sure that you read the scheme features and coverage details carefully before choosing the plan.