Best Health Insurance Plans for Diabetics in India
Diabetes is one of the alarming diseases in India that is growing rapidly. Diabetes is also a silent killer if not diagnosed and treated on time. Diabetic patients find it difficult to manage expenses related to diabetes and its complications because most health insurance policies exclude not only diabetes but also the complications arising from it. Only a few health insurers offer health insurance for diabetics to help patients combat diabetes. Health insurance for diabetic patients covers all hospitalization expenses of Type 1 and type 2 diabetes and its complications.
Diabetes Insurance for Patients
The best health insurance for diabetics in India helps to win against diabetes. A health insurance diabetes plan helps to enjoy the best treatment. It offers benefits like:
- Doctor’s Fee: The insurance will cover the costs of your doctor’s consultation. Now, you can consult with the best doctor for your treatment without worrying about your finances.
- Diagnostic fees: diabetes insurance coverage offers the costs of diagnostic fees.
- Costs of medicines: Now, diabetic medicines are covered under the diabetes insurance plan.
With diabetes insurance, you can focus on your treatment and recovery instead of hospital and medicine bills.
Best Diabetes Health Insurance Plans in India
- HDFC ERGO Health Energy insurance plan
- Star Health Diabetes Safe Plan
- Aditya Birla Active Health Enhanced plan
- National Varistha Mediclaim policy
- Care Freedom Health Insurance plan
1. HDFC ERGO Health Energy insurance plan
This plan of HDFC ERGO is ideally designed for diabetic people. This policy plan offers coverage to people who are suffering from type 2 diabetes mellitus, impaired glucose tolerance, or hypertension. This plan comes with no waiting period.
Some intriguing features of this plan are,
- This plan offers coverage from day 1 for all hospitalization expenses due to diabetes and hypertension.
- This plan also has a combined package that covers inpatient hospitalization expenses.
- To monitor your health, this plan offers an ecosystem of wellness programs and health rewards.
- This plan is available on an individual sum insured basis
- The plan offers coverage between 18 years and 65 years old
- Premium at renewal may change due to your age or applicable tax rate change.
- This plan comes with a 1-year tenure.
- There are no sub-limits for inpatient hospitalization coverage
- Pre-and-post hospitalization and cover with sum insured options ranging from Rs. 2 lakh to 10 lakh.
2. Star Health Diabetes Safe Plan
This policy plan by Star Health specially offers coverage to patients who are suffering from various complications due to Diabetes (Type I and Type II). This plan is available both on an individual and family floater basis. The plan also bears coverage for regular hospitalization, outpatient care, and personal accident cover. Some key features are,
- The range sum insured is between Rs 3 Lakh and Rs 10 Lakh.
- There is no waiting period for complications due to diabetes.
- This plan offers coverage for expenses related to diabetes treatment.
- The policy also covers room rents, diagnostic expenses, doctor’s fees, and the cost of medicines.
- For kidney transplant surgery, this policy offers coverage for donor expenses.
- This policy offers dialysis expenses for up to 2 years.
- Compensation in the insured’s accidental death up to 100% of the sum insured amount.
- The minimum entry age is 18 years, and the maximum age is 65 years.
- For specified diseases, this plan offers coverage for 2 years and 4 years for pre-existing ailments.
3. Aditya Birla Active Health Enhanced plan
This policy plan by Aditya Birla is meticulously designed for diabetic people. As a comprehensive health insurance plan, this plan offers coverage for hospitalization and other healthcare expenses. Further, this policy offers some special benefits, including a chronic management program for lifestyle diseases such as diabetes, high cholesterol, and asthma, hypertension, etc. Some intriguing features of the plan are,
- For both planned treatments and emergencies, this plan offers hospitalization coverage.
- The plan offers 60 and 180 days coverage for pre-and-post hospitalization expenses, respectively.
- The plan offers coverage for daycare procedures and domiciliary hospitalization.
- If your basic sum insured exhausts, your sum insured will be auto-reload.
- Cumulative bonus up to 20% of sum insured for claims-free years.
- The plan offers coverage for all healthcare expenses related to organ transplants.
- The minimum entry age is 91 days, and no upper limit on the maximum entry age.
- For each adult insured member, there is a complementary health check-up on an annual basis.
- Medical tests are customized based on the life stage of the person
- The plan comes with some unique benefits, including choosing a hospital room, reload of the sum insured, and chronic management program.
4. National Varistha Mediclaim policy
This plan offers coverage for senior people who are above 60-80 years old. Some features and benefits of the plan are,
- This plan offers both hospitalization and domiciliary expenses. The policy offers coverage for domiciliary treatment up to 20% of the sum insured.
- This policy plan offers diabetes and hypertension as an add-on benefit.
- The policy offers coverage for cataract surgery up to Rs. 10000 and benign prostatic hyperplasia up to Rs. 20,000.
- The sum insured amount is between Rs 1-2 lakh under this plan.
5. Care Freedom Health Insurance plan
This coverage is available for both individual as well as family floater basis. Some benefits of this plan are,
- This plan offers coverage for dialysis treatment (Rs. 1000 per sitting)
- This plan offers health check-ups for diabetes patients, including HbA1C, kidney function tests, liver function tests, ESR, blood group tests, TSH, HbsAg, etc.
- The plan offers coverage for cataract and knee replacement surgery with sub-limits
A health insurance policy helps you to monitor and manage your diabetes effectively. However, a regular health plan won’t be adequate to meet all your expenses and needs associated with diabetes. Thus, you should handpick a specialized policy that caters to all requirements of this lifestyle disease.