Best Health Insurance Coverage India
Ms. Vrushali (24-years-old) is an independent woman who has just started her career in an advertising agency in Kolkata. Ms. Vrushali didn’t purchase any health insurance policy as she thought she was a vigorous, strong, and healthy person. But Ms. Vrushali was infected with this lethal COVID-19 in March 2021. Initially, she was at home but later developed chest discomfort and breathing complications, and that’s why she shifted to a super specialty hospital in Kolkata. When she was discharged, the hospital presented her with a bill of Rs. 1.5 lakh. As Vrushali didn’t have any health insurance policy, she reimbursed the entire bill amount from her savings. Thus, Vrushali has realized that she should purchase the top health plans in India to stay protected against various ailments, including the COVID-19.
Ms. Vrushali is a novice customer in this health insurance sector. She is not aware of all health insurance jargon and terms and conditions. Moreover, the market is crammed with many low-cost health insurance in India. So, Vrushali got confused about which could be the best health plan in India that will cater to all her healthcare needs and requirements. Though she has gone through the latest news about medical insurance, she still can’t decide on a plan.
Here we are going to discuss some of the best health insurance coverage in 2021 in India so that people like Vrushali can make a firm decision. Due to this COVID-19 pandemic and healthcare inflation, more people are purchasing health insurance policies to enhance their protection and coverage.
Top Health Insurance Plans in India in 2021
- Bajaj Allianz Health Guard
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance (Active assure diamond plan)
- Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Plus policy
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance (Active Assure Diamond’s family floater plan)
- Star Health Family Optima Plan
- HDFC ERGO My Health Suraksha Plan
- Care Advantage 1 Crore health insurance plan
Bajaj Allianz Health Guard: This comprehensive health insurance plan offers coverage to you and your family in a single policy at a single premium. Some features of the policy are,
- A wide range of network hospitals (6500+ hospitals) for cashless treatment
- Minimum entry age for adults 18-65 years
- This plan has three variants-silver, gold, and platinum
- The policy offers an array of benefits with a higher sum insured ranging between Rs 2 lakh to Rs 1 crore
- Apart from your hospitalization expenses, this plan covers pre-and post-hospitalization expenses for 60 and 90 days, respectively.
- This plan offers coverage for maternity-related expenses, including coverage for the newborn
- 130 daycare procedures covered under this plan
- This plan offers a lifetime renewability option
Aditya Birla Health Insurance (Active assure diamond plan): This is another imperative plan that a person should consider. Some features are,
- The plan has a sum insured ranging from Rs 2 lakh to up to Rs 2 crore.
- Apart from offering healthcare expenses, this policy also offers health and wellness coaching, thereby encouraging you to lead a healthy life.
- The policy covers 586 daycare treatments that may not require hospitalization for over 24 hours.
- This plan also offers coverage for domiciliary treatment in case you are unable to get hospitalized or if a hospital bed is unavailable. This is imperative in COVID times, where many people opted for homecare treatment due to the unavailability of hospital beds.
Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Plus policy
This super top-up policy plan helps you to manage your medical expenses after your existing health insurance plan is exhausted. Some features are
- The plan comes with coverage options that range from Rs 3 lakh to Rs 50 lakh for premiums as low as Rs 2500 per annum.
- This plan bears the costs of in-patient hospitalization expenses, pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization expenditures, road ambulance cover, air ambulance cover, free medical checkups, and more.
- If any insured member requires urgent medical assistance outside his/her city of residence, this plan embraces them with an air-lift option.
Aditya Birla Health Insurance (Active Assure Diamond’s family floater plan)
Some intriguing features of this plan are,
- This policy offers coverage for your entire family under a single plan with a single annual premium.
- The policy offers benefits like Claim Bonuses, in-patient hospitalization cover, and more
- This plan permits you to add a new family member to the existing plan by paying a minimal additional premium.
- You are eligible for additional benefits like maternity cover, accidental death cover, etc.
Star Health Family Optima Plan
This is a saver plan that offers coverage for your entire family under a single sum insured. Some features are,
- This plan offers newborn baby coverage (from the 16th day to the time policy expires)
- This plan offers organ donor expenses (either 10% of the sum insured or the maximum coverage up to Rs. 1 lakh)
- This plan offers coverage for ambulance costs, air ambulance costs, and alternative treatment costs
- If you are diagnosed with a critical disease, then this plan allows you to go for a second medical opinion
HDFC ERGO My Health Suraksha Plan
This plan gives the best protection to individuals, families, and senior citizens. Some features are,
- This plan comes with three variants named Silver Smart, Gold Smart & Platinum Smart Plans.
- This comprehensive health insurance covers in-patient treatment costs, pre-and post-hospitalization expenses with no sub-limits on disease, hospital room rents, doctor’s fees, and hospital charges.
- With this health insurance plan, you are eligible for cashless claims across 10,000+ network hospitals in India
- Multiple sums assured amount ranging from Rs. 3 lakh-Rs. 75 lakh
- This plan offers health checkups only once at the end of the continuous four claim-free years.
- This plan comes with various discount options including, family discount, long-term family discount, and loyalty discount
- This plan embraces you with wellness features like health incentives for maintaining health and fitness discounts at renewal
Care Advantage 1 Crore health insurance plan
This is India’s best family floater health plan that has been launched with a motive to provide a higher health cover of Rs. 1 crore at a premium of regular plans. Some features are,
- This plan covers expenses like doctor consultations, diagnostic tests, medications up to 60 days post-hospitalization.
- The plan offers coverage for daycare treatment, organ donor expenses, and emergency ambulance coverage
- No sub-limits of room rent charges or ICU charges
- Medical expenses incurred up to 30 days before hospitalization is covered
- Recharge of sum insured at no extra cost
These are some of India’s best health insurance coverage in 2021 that you should consider enhancing the protection and security of yourself and your family members. First, go through each plan and understand its coverage and exclusion. Then, prudently select the best plan that goes well with your healthcare requirements.