All You need to know about SBI General Arogya Supreme
State Bank of India, shortly known as SBI, is a leading public bank in India that offers a variety of health insurance policies in the markets. They are suitable not only for you but also for your family. However, you need to know more about the details of plans from different sources before investing money. The Arogya Supreme health insurance policy offered by SBI provides comprehensive coverage for you because it comes with several features. The company launched a new plan on 8th July 2021 that allows you to gain more advantages.
The plan offers benefits under Pro, Plus, and Premium variants with different sum insured amounts. They include 20 basic covers and 8 optional covers so that you don’t worry about paying enormous medical expenses. However, you should know the differences between SBI variants in detail before investing money. Not only that, they allow you to make the right decision when it comes to coverage and other things. The sum assured sum range in the Pro plan is from 3 lakhs to 6 lakhs and 6 lakhs to 20 lakhs in the Plus plan. You can choose a sum insured amount of 25 lakhs and above in the Premium plan.
What are the inclusions of the SBI Arogya Supreme policy?
- In-patient Hospitalization
- Daycare Treatment
- Pre-hospitalization and Post-hospitalization
- Domiciliary Hospitalization
- Organ donor Expenses
- Mental Illness Coverage
- Bariatric Surgery Coverage
- Alternative Treatment Options
- Internal Congenital Anomaly
- Coverage for Advanced Treatment Procedures
The policy covers in-patient hospitalization expenses for illness or injury after getting admitted to a hospital for at least 24 hours. It offers coverage for all expenses such as room rent, ICU, doctor’s fees, surgeon’s fees, cost of diagnostic procedures, medicine bills, surgery expenses, etc.
You can get coverage for daycare treatment in a hospital that requires less than 24 hours of hospitalization. On the other hand, SBI Arogya supreme doesn’t provide coverage for OPD treatment, and the daycare coverage is only for surgery or advanced treatments.
Pre-hospitalization and Post-hospitalization
The policy offers coverage for the medical expenses incurred before hospitalization. At the same time, the number of days may vary depending on the plan type. You can also claim coverage for the medical expenses after getting discharged from the hospital. Again, the number of coverage days also varies depending on the plan type, and you check them before buying a policy.
The plan offers coverage for domiciliary hospitalization when you are not able to undergo treatment in a hospital due to disability, injury, health condition, or other factors. You can get coverage for home care treatment under the supervision of a doctor.
Organ donor Expenses
If you need transplantation for kidney and liver problems, buying SBI Arogya health insurance will help you. This is because the policy will take care of the expenses of a donor during medical emergencies.
Mental Illness Coverage
You will get coverage for mental illness during the policy period after diagnosing the problem during the hospitalization.
Bariatric Surgery Coverage
Do you want to undergo bariatric surgery in a hospital? Then, SBI general Arogya Supreme is the right option for you because it offers coverage for the surgery after getting admitted to a hospital.
Alternative Treatment Options
The plan provides coverage for alternative treatment options such as Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani, homeopathy, and naturopathy when you are not satisfied with allopathic treatments.
Internal Congenital Anomaly
You can get coverage for internal congenital anomalies for up to 25% of the total sum insured amount.
Coverage for Advanced Treatment Procedures
The policy allows you to get coverage for advanced treatment procedures in a hospital such as Balloon Sinuplasty, oral chemotherapy, radiosurgery, etc.
Important highlights of SBI Arogya Supreme health insurance policy
- The policy offers domestic air ambulance coverage, recovery benefit, e-opinion coverage, and compassionate benefit except in the Pro plan.
- There are no pre-policy medical check-ups when you are below 45 years and applying for a sum insured amount of below Rs 50 lakhs.
- Depending on the plan type, you will get coverage for cataract treatments under SBI general insurance health policy for up to 1 lakh.
- Preventive health check-up coverage is available under this policy as a renewal benefit.
- Sum insured refill coverage of 100% on complete or partial utilization of policy
- Domestic emergency services for up to 5 lakhs in Plus and up to 10 lakhs in Premium plans
- 8 optional add-on covers with no-claim bonus protector, co-payment, etc.,
- Lifelong renewability option
- The plan offers various types of discount options for customers that will help you to save more money.
- You can avail of 1 lakh coverage under this plan for genetic disorders.
- Coverage for HIV/ Aids
- Family floater option that provides coverage for your spouse, children, parents, and grandparents
- Coverage for COVID-19 hospitalization
- Cashless claims across 6000+ hospitals
Does SBI General Arogya Supreme have a waiting period?
All health insurance health plans come with a waiting period, including SBI General Arogya Supreme. The plan has a waiting period of 2 years for specific illnesses and 4 years for pre-existing illnesses. Moreover, it has a waiting period of 15 days for COVID-19 and 90 days for major illnesses. It has a general waiting period of 30 days except for accidents.
How to buy SBI general Arogya Supreme policy?
You should read SBI general health insurance customer reviews online and other sources before purchasing a plan. Apart from that, they allow you to make an informed decision while investing money.
Is buying SBI general Arogya Supreme policy a wise option?
Yes; Buying a health insurance plan such as SBI general Arogya Supreme policy enables you to get wide coverage against illnesses and medical inflation. Also, the premiums are affordable, and you can compare them online, which will help you gain more advantages. Is SBI insurance good for you and your family? The answer is yes because it comes with various features, thereby showing ways to ensure complete protection. You can choose the right variant offered by SBI insurance after reading reviews. The plan is the best option for you to ensure financial stability in life when you undergo medical treatments in listed hospitals.