7 Yoga Poses That Can Give You Bright and Glowing Skin
Healthy glowing skin will certainly help you to get tons of compliments from your friends, neighbors, relatives, and acquaintances. Bright skin, radiant skin, even skin tone, etc. are some of the buzzing words that are flying in every nook and corner of the beauty world. Though by applying makeup, you can make your skin glowing and supple, you must be astonished to know that many yoga poses will add sheen to your face naturally.
Yoga for face glow will make your skin rejuvenated, healthier and more vibrant. If you practice some yoga poses regularly, then they will address the factors that play a pivotal role to make your skin dull-looking skin. In this article, we are going to mention the benefits of yoga for glowing skin and what yoga poses you should perform to achieve scintillating skin.
3 Benefits of Face Yoga for Glowing Skin
Yoga is not a magical exercise that will make your skin glowing and healthy instantly. Yoga will also not reduce the sizes of acne and it can’t even resolve dark circles spontaneously. Yoga may not reverse the signs of aging, but practicing yoga will certainly uplift your appearance and improve the texture of your skin.
1. Minimizes Stress Levels and Improves Your Sleep
Several medical studies have proved that practicing yoga can diminish your stress levels, lessen your anxiety and improve your sleep pattern. When you sleep properly, your skin will look automatically vibrant and healthy. While sleeping, your body’s skin cells can repair and recover from daily stressors.
2. May Reduce Inflammation
Several studies have also elucidated that practicing yoga regularly will decrease inflammation (especially stress-induced inflammation). Inflammation is responsible for fatigue and depression. These are the prime symptoms that can make your skin dull-looking and shabby. So, practicing yoga will induce some positive effects on your skin as it diminishes your stress levels and helps you sleep better.
3. Uplifts Blood Circulation to Your Head and Face
Some yoga poses will give you a short-term glow by enhancing blood circulation to your head and face. Other yoga poses will not give you a quicker effect, but they will slow your breathing and will also help you to combat daily stressors. All of these will have an affirmative effect on your appearance and skin.
7 Best Yoga Poses for Healthy Glowing Skin You Must Try
1. Forward Fold
This yoga pose is also called Uttanasana and it improves blood circulation to your face and head. This is an easy to perform yoga pose that is also suitable for beginners.
How to do this pose
- First, you need to stand up with your feet about hip-width apart and parallel
- Now, gently bend forward from your hips
- Exhale during the bending and keep your face toward your knees
- You may feel a stretch in the back of your legs
- Now, hold this position for 20 to 30 seconds
2. Seated Forward Bend Pose
This yoga pose is also called Paschimottanasana where you need to perform intense stretching. This pose is effective in ebbing away stress and anxiety. This also purifies your blood, improves skin complexion and diminishes the appearance of wrinkles. This posture also improves your digestion, thus, preventing pimples and acne.
How to do this pose
- First, you need to lie down by stretching out your legs in front of you
- Keep your palms on the respective thighs
- Inhale while bending forward and try to hold your toes
- Now, exhale and hold the pose for 10 seconds
- Return to the original seating position.
- Repeat this posture 3 to 4 times
3. Downward-Facing Dog
This inverted position is also called Adho Mukha Svanasana. This pose helps the blood flow toward your head and face.
How to do this pose
- Start with your hands and knees, as if you are going to crawl
- Now, elevate your knees and gently straighten them and lift your bottom to the sky.
- Put up your hands and feet on the floor
- Your body will look like an inverted V shape
- Hold this position for 20 to 30 seconds
4. Bow Pose or Dhanurasana
This yoga pose offers severe pressure on the abdominal region. Thus, this posture detoxifies your body. This is also an excellent stress buster and effective in losing extra calories.
How to Do
- Lie down with your face touching the floor while keeping your back facing the ceiling
- Keep your arms by your side and make your palms face the ceiling.
- Elevate your legs from the ground and hold your ankles with your hands
- Fall back to the lying position.
- Repeat the posture 3 to 4 times.
5. Cobra Pose
This pose is called Bhujangasana and it improves your skin’s appearance. The posture may encourage you to open your chest and uplifts the oxygen flow into your body. As a result, your skin will glow naturally.
How to do this Cobra pose
- Lie down on your tummy and keep your palms near your head
- Lift your head during exhaling and chest up by stretching your arms
- While inhaling, come back to the original pose
- Practice this posture 8 to 10 times
6. Plough Pose
This position is called halasana and is very imperative in improving the overall blood circulation of the body. This posture helps you to stay relaxed and inculcates some positive effects on your skin. If you are having some sleep problems, then by practicing this posture regularly you can overcome it.
How to do this posture
- Lie down on your back and keep your palms on the ceiling.
- Delicately, elevate your legs at ninety degrees by taking them over your head and try to touch the floor
- Hold this position for 30 seconds and return to normal position
7. Shoulder Stand
This inverted position is called Sarvangasana or Salamba Sarvangasana and it improves the blood flow to your head. If you have neck or back issues, you can avoid this pose.
How to do this pose
- Rest on your back while keeping your arms at your sides
- Now, gently bend your knees and bring them in toward the middle of your body,
- Lift your feet above the floor
- Next, lift your hips above the floor so that your knees can be pointing toward your forehead.
- Support your hips, using both hands
- Keep your upper arms and elbows on the floor
- Now, elevate your hips while moving your hands further up your back and slowly, straighten your legs upward.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds and return to your original position
The Bottom Line
Yoga will not instantly make your skin radiant and glowing. But you can consider yoga as a long term plan to maintain healthy and shining skin.