Self-Care And Treatment for Arthritis In Knees
Arthritis is a series of conditions found in the joints that cause pain erupting from inflammation. The condition can be the autoimmune type where it displays extra-articular symptoms and requires a chronic arthritis cure. It may also be a degenerative condition wherein it gets worse over time.
There are 2 main types of arthritis:
- Rheumatoid arthritis, which is an autoimmune disease that causes the immune system to attack healthy joints by mistake, thus causing inflammation and pain systematically.
- Osteoarthritis, which is a degenerative problem caused due to the wear and tear of internal cartilages. The joints, bones, and muscles weaken over time and rub against each other, which causes friction that develops inflammation and damage, thus resulting in pain.
Treatment for arthritis in the knees is the most sought-after singularity. While doctors recommend the best arthritis medication for pain and inflammation, the most effective arthritis cure is self-care. You need to relieve the tension in your cartilages instead of simply subduing the pain.
Best medicine for arthritis pain in knees
There are different forms of medication recommended for the treatment of arthritis in the knees. The best arthritis medication not only relieves your pain but also helps strengthen the cartilages, thus repairing the wear and tear.
Here are some of the best arthritis medications that you can obtain over the counter:
- Pain relievers such as Tylenol.
- Non-Steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs or NSAIDs such as Motrin and Advil.
- Acetaminophens but control your intake by checking the quantity in several medications.
- Main relief creams and topical ointments containing Capsaicin.
- Glucosamine Supplements along with Chondroitin to relieve pain.
Don’t opt for strong NSAIDs as they have adverse effects on the body, thus reducing the effectiveness of your cartilages and preventing your stomach from producing the substances it needs to maintain healthy digestion.
Here are the best arthritis medications you can obtain with a prescription:
- Steroidal drugs reduce inflammation and pain in the form of shots.
- Opioids such as oxycodone, codeine, and hydrocodone that help relieve pain. However, these drugs are strong with side effects like drowsiness, nausea, and addiction, therefore, they are only prescribed for the severe treatment for arthritis in the knees.
- Antidepressants affect the brain chemistry, thus affecting the pain sensors. Even if you don’t have depression, these drugs can help with the pain for an effective arthritis cure.
- Injections of hyaluronic acid into your joints for treatment for arthritis in the knees. Hyaluronan is an internal body fluid that cushions and lubricates your joints. Taking this shot introduces it externally into your system to maintain a healthy balance of the liquid.
The best medicine for arthritis pain in the knees is to seek medical prescriptions for Hyaluronic shots since the effects are long-lasting and they basically add the substance that is present and helpful in the human body.
Self-care techniques for arthritis cure
Treatment for arthritis in the knees involves more than just the best arthritis medication. You have to realize that the problem emerges from within the body, therefore, it needs to be treated at the roots. Western medicine can only go so far. You have to indulge in self-care for arthritis cure if you want to achieve long periods of zero pain or at least minimal inflammation.
Here are some self-care treatments for arthritis in the knees that you can practice:
- Start exercising, even if it is for a few minutes in a day, it can do wonders to strengthen the cartilages, thus reducing the damage. You can start small with a few minutes of stretching, jogging, walking, swimming and other water activities, tai chi, and cycling. These activities put minimum pressure on your joints but they help make them more flexible.
- Watch your weight to prevent excessive pressure on your joints. Avoid food items that provoke obesity and move around more to maintain flexibility in your muscles. If you are obese, opt for exercising and incorporate a healthy diet to lose excessive weight. Your muscles need the necessary nutrition to function, so incorporate more calcium, protein, and fiber-rich dietary options.
- Try the ancient art of acupuncture with a licensed professional. It uses a Chinese philosophy of redirecting the positive energies in your body with the help of needles to heal the effects of arthritis on its own.
- Incorporate the consumption of turmeric in your diet for arthritis cure. This common Indian spice has anti-inflammatory properties that are a primary requirement of treatment for arthritis in knees.
- Use alternative cold and hot therapy to loosen your muscles and tighten the cartilages so there’s internal activity to heal the body. You can opt for hot bags and cold compresses, hot showers and baths, and rinse with cold water. The alternative treatment for arthritis in the knees helps your muscles adapt to fickle weather conditions too that often result in arthritis pain.
- Opt for a massage of the legs and muscles with a professional. A good massage will loosen the joints and relieve any discomfort, thus reducing arthritis pain.
Treatment for arthritis is a necessity, regardless of whether your symptoms are mild or severe. It is best to seek medical advice and tend to your arthritis cure as soon as possible before the condition worsens.