Noni Juice For Weight Loss: Know the Major Benefits of Drinking Noni Juice
Kesha was having a hard time losing weight. She tried every kind of activity cardio exercises, weight training, even yoga. The results were slow and, she still had to focus a lot on her diet to lose a few grams.
Kesha got fed up and surfed on the internet to find something that might help her one day. On scrolling, she came across noni juice for weight loss and, after reading a few articles and seeing great reviews, she ordered the juice. After a few weeks of teaching the liquid into the diet, Kesha found a drastic weight change, and she dropped kilos this time instead of just mere grams.
This Article Covers
- What is Noni Juice for weight loss?
- Chemical and Nutritional Value Present in Noni Juice
- How does Noni juice help with weight loss?
- Noni Juice Side Effects
If you’re wondering what’s so special about this Noni juice and how can it help you lose weight? Here’s everything you need to know about noni juice for weight loss.
What is Noni Juice for weight loss?
Noni juice is a beverage made from the fruit of a tropical tree, Morinda citrifolia, found in Southeast Asia. Noni fruit is a yellow or green, squishy fruit also known as Indian Mulberry. It becomes bitter and juicy when ripe.
It was used traditionally as a medicine in some Southeast Asia cultures because, its rich in antioxidants and other wide range of nutrients like vitamin C, provitamin A, Protein, Amino acids, and many more which, cures a lot of diseases.
It is usually served/sold as a juice, named Noni juice. And it’s promoted as a medicinal juice that can cure things like joint pain (arthritis), diabetes, speeds up healing wounds, protects against cancer and liver diseases, etc.
According to WHO, In 2016, 39% of adults aged 18 years and over (39% of men and 40% of women) were overweight. Overall, about 13% of the World’s Adult population, that’s millions of people. Obesity over the years has become an enormous concern for everyone.
People often become obese by excessive calorie intake, physical inactivity and, lacking nutrients in their diet, which slows down their metabolism, eventually causing obesity.
Chemical and Nutritional Value Present in Noni Juice
The noni plant, according to studies, contains approximately 160 phytochemical compounds. The plant’s significant micronutrients are phenolic acids, organic acids, and alkaloids. Caproic and caprylic acids are the primary organic acids, while xeronine is the primary alkaloid.
Noni fruit is 90% water and various types of soluble solids, dietary fibers, and proteins. The fruit contains a lot of protein and essential amino acids such as aspartic acid, glutamic acid, and isoleucine.
The noni juice has some amount of selenium. Noni fruit includes vitamin C, known as ascorbic acid, and provitamin A, present in the fruit. The juice contains protein, lipids, glucose, fructose, potassium, sodium, magnesium, calcium, and vitamins A and C
7 Amazing Benefits of Drinking Noni Juice Daily
Noni juice is not only beneficial for people who are on their weight loss journey. Let us discuss some more benefits of this excellent juice.
- Helps in the treatment of Arthritis: Several studies suggest that Noni juice helps ease the pain caused by arthritis. Since it has analgesic properties, it also helps lessen the joint destruction that happens due to arthritis. However, along with consuming this drink regularly, you also need to lead a healthy lifestyle to reduce arthritis pain.
- Help keep the skin moisturized: Noni juice is known for its antioxidants properties and helps moisturize the skin. You can directly apply the juice to the skin to see how it repairs as well as replenishes your cracked skin. Therefore, if you have a dry skin type and often find patches in the skin, you can apply this juice and drink it to keep your skin hydrated.
- Helps in fighting aging: The majority of us do not like the wrinkles on the skin and the skin getting loose as we age. Although it is a natural phenomenon, you can still slow the process by consuming Noni juice. The juice is filled with Vitamin C and selenium, and these two help fight free radicals, preserve elasticity in the skin and reverse the effects of aging. It is especially recommended to ageing people who want to look younger.
- Helps in treating scalp irritation: Although there is no medical literature on Noni juice, it has been found extremely helpful in lessening scalp irritation. The juice has been derived from Noni fruit and has antifungal and antibacterial properties. Therefore, it helps a lot in the treatment of scalp irritation.
- Helps in improving immunity: There are many benefits of consuming Noni juice, and one of them is that it helps boost immunity. Since it has antifungal and anti-histamine, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties, the juice improves our immune system.
- Helps in treating fever: Noni juice comes with antiviral properties; thus, it helps treat fever. You can take a small quantity of Noni juice to see its effect. Make sure you do not drink a lot of it at one time.
- Helps in boosting energy: If you ever feel weak and lethargic, you can take a shot of Noni juice as it helps in improving power in the body. You can feel the difference in just some time.
How does Noni juice help with weight loss?
Noni juice helps people with obesity and shows drastic results. To lose weight, you need to burn more calories than you need and be on a calorie deficit diet.
|1.||Noni juice has antioxidants||Antioxidants reduce obesity-associated inflammation, insulin resistance, and tissue fibrosis. Time and again, antioxidants are related to weight loss because they can improve metabolism in the body, especially during exercise, and help with weight loss.|
|2.||Noni juice acts as an appetite suppressant||Studies have shown that Noni juice for weight loss reduced adipose tissue which, is also known as body fat, plasma triglyceride levels (if one has high levels of plasma triglyceride, they will have high cholesterol that can lead to heart strokes, high BP), and improved glucose tolerance which leads to suppressed appetite which leads to weight loss.|
|3.||Helps with exercise||Noni juice may also help with endurance during workouts or physical activities. Research has shown noni juice helps with combating fatigue. Antioxidants play a role here as well; they help with reducing muscle damage so, by taking Noni juice, you get a good amount of antioxidants that will help you with your exercise.|
|4.||Increase Ghrelin levels||Ghrelin levels are primarily regulated by food intake, and they increase during the period of fasting or before eating. Noni juice increases ghrelin levels in the body, which helps the body feel full so, you don’t keep eating more food than you require (overeating decreases ghrelin levels).|
|5.||Decreases visceral fat||Visceral fat is fat that wraps around your abdominal organs deep inside your body. Visceral fat is correlated with insulin resistance, and it can also lead to glucose intolerance (Diabetes type two). Noni juice for weight loss helps with reducing insulin resistance and visceral fat.|
|6.||Reduces Blood Fats/Triglycerides||As mentioned above, Noni juice reduces triglycerides. Triglycerides/blood fats are the fats that circulate through the bloodstream along with cholesterol.|
Noni Juice Side Effects
But, at the same time, like everything, the Noni juice has side effects too. Here are some things that you must keep in mind before taking Noni Juice.
1. Consult a doctor:
Before taking Noni juice in your diet, consult your physician and ask whether it’s safe for you or not. Also, if you’re taking any other medication, make sure you check that taking the juice is safe with it or not.
2. Check the dosage:
Checking the dosage is essential for anything you intake. Some studies have shown that a Noni juice dosage of around 750 ml or 25 ounces per day is safe, but you must still consult a doctor for the dosage to be completely secure.
3. Check for underlying conditions:
Although Noni juice has many benefits, it is not advisable for all. Like, People who have Chronic kidney diseases shouldn’t consume this. That’s why it’s advisable to check for any underlying conditions that you may have that can trigger any abnormalities in your body.
FAQs For Noni Juice for Weight Loss:
Where can I buy Noni Juice from?
Noni juice can be bought online from various sites or locally from any organic store.
What’s the nutritional value of Noni Juice?
Noni juice is rich in antioxidants and a wide range of nutrients like vitamin C, provitamin A, Protein, Amino acids, and many more.
Is noni effective in weight reduction?
Noni juice has antioxidant qualities that assist with weight reduction. When a person has enough fat, free radicals are produced in the body. Antioxidants in noni juice aid in the metabolism of the body.
How much noni juice should I consume each day?
It is considered to be healthy for people to consume up to 750 ml of noni juice per day.
Is it safe to drink noni juice on an empty stomach?
It's best to start with noni juice on an empty stomach first thing in the morning or thirty minutes before meals. After your body has gotten used to noni, you may increase your dosage as needed. It is perfectly acceptable to down or combines your noni juice with other fruit drinks or water after rinsing it down.
Is noni juice good for a detox?
The noni fruit has been used for its therapeutic effects since ancient times, including boosting the immune system and aiding in detoxification.