Top 10 Health Benefits Of Eating Grapes And Its Side Effects
Grape is a fruit belonging to the berry family that offers a plethora of health benefits. Several Grapes benefits make it an ideal fruit to be used in making jams, jellies, and even wine. This versatile fruit with a delicious and tangy taste is full of antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins. Eating grapes can make you stay hydrated and even lose weight. This is just one of the astonishing benefits of eating grapes. There are many more for you to discover about grapes!
Let us help you identify the benefits of eating grapes along with some of its side effects.
Nutritional Value of Grapes
Reading the below-mentioned nutritional value of grapes, anyone would be eager to know several grapes benefits in daily diet. So, check out the nutrients found in grapes:
- Calories: 100
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fibre: 1.5 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Vitamin B1: 10% of your daily requirement
- Vitamin B2: 8% of your daily requirement
- Vitamin B6: 8% of your daily requirement
- Vitamin C: 5% of your daily requirement
- Vitamin E: 2% of your daily requirement
- Vitamin K: 15% of your daily requirement
Besides, grapes also come loaded with an adequate quantity of minerals like manganese, potassium, and copper. There is also a high concentration of essential antioxidants in grapes like anthocyanins, quercetin, and resveratrol.
10 Incredible Health Benefits of Grapes
Listed below are the Top 10 grape fruit benefits that will make this fruit your first choice of fruits:
- Helps to Lower Blood Pressure: Carrying very small traces of sodium, grapes are effective in regulating your high blood pressure. Those on a low-sodium diet must include grapes to keep their blood pressure under check. Besides, grapes are high in potassium content, which aids in lowering high blood pressure.
- Grapes Keep Heart Healthy: Trust in the miraculous powers of grapes to keep your heart healthy. A study revealed that resveratrol found in grapes helps to prevent heart diseases. Moreover, grapes are rich in potassium, which makes them heart-friendly fruit.
- Grape is Good for Weight Loss: Rich in flavonoids grapes are effective in maintaining a healthy weight. Moreover, there is resveratrol in grapes that help to enhance your energy levels to improve your overall metabolism. All this leads to weight loss.
- Possess Anticancer Properties: Grapes are rich in resveratrol, an antioxidant that prevents inflammation and blocks the spread and growth of cancer cells in the body. Besides, resveratrol, grapes are loaded with antioxidants like anthocyanin, and quercetin, all of these compounds possess anti-cancer properties.
- Grapes Regulate Blood Sugar Levels: Grapes form a good choice for people suffering from diabetes. There is only about 23 grams of sugar contained in a cup of grapes. Grapes when eaten in moderation, therefore, help diabetic people increase their ability to use insulin in the body.
- Good for Eye Health: Amidst the benefits of eating grapes, we also have its surprising benefit for the eyes. Some compounds found in grapes help to improve retina function in the eyes. Eating grapes also help to protect retina cells from harmful UV rays.
- Grape is a Brain Booster Fruit: Grapes are full of resveratrol, a powerful antioxidant. This antioxidant helps to diminish oxidative stress leaving behind a healthy effect on your brain. Eating a good quantity of grapes helps keep Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease at bay.
- Eat Grapes Every Day to Lift Mood: Grapes as we told are good for your brain. Eating grapes therefore also helps in lifting your mood. Those who eat grapes or drink grape juice daily in moderate amounts are people with minimum stress and maximum happiness in their minds.
- Good for Bone Health: Those who eat grapes daily are making their bones healthy and strong. Grapes are loaded with nutrients like calcium, Vitamin K, potassium, and magnesium that help to strengthen bones.
- Promotes Lifespan and Slow Downs the Aging Process: If you eat grapes every day, you slow down the aging process. Some compounds found in these erotic small balls, called grapes help to delay signs of aging. They reduce oxidative stress and thereby, help in increasing the lifespan of a person.
Grapes Side Effects
Now, after reading all the advantages of grapes, consider reading some of the side effects of eating grapes. Eating too many grapes may lead to diarrhea. Some people may also experience dry mouth, headache, and cough, as side effects of eating grapes.
The Bottom Line
Grapes come in different colors and varieties, including, green, white, purple, and red. All yield similar health benefits but may vary in taste. Dried grapes turn into raisins and yield another set of health benefits. Overall, grapes are undoubtedly an all-rounder fruit with several health benefits.
Can grapes help you lose weight?
Yes, grapes help you lose weight. Grapes are rich in resveratrol, a compound that helps to metabolize fatty acids. This, in turn, helps to boost energy levels and improve the overall metabolism of the body. All this leads to weight loss.
What happens if you eat grapes every day?
Eating grapes every day is good for your health. It will offer several amazing health benefits like a lower risk of heart diseases, and lower blood pressure. Besides, grapes are good for your skin and aids in weight loss too.
How many grapes a day should you eat?
You can eat a bowl of grapes in a day, which will comprise about 30-35 grapes. Eating more than this quantity of grapes may lead to some side effects. As grapes are high in natural sugar and may lead to high blood sugar levels and even diarrhea.
Is eating grapes good for the skin?
Grapes are loaded with Vitamin C and essential antioxidants. Due to this reason, eating grapes helps to revitalize our skin. Eating grapes can protect our skin from harmful ultraviolet rays and prevent wrinkles as well as dark spots.
Which grapes are healthier?
All types of grapes offer the same health benefits. But, try eating Concord or red grapes, which are full of flavonoids and phytonutrients. Both these antioxidants offer the best health benefits. Concord grapes are also used in making grape jelly and jams.