Top 10 Health Benefits of Eating Eggs Everyday
Egg comes with a lot of essential ingredients for strength, vitality and wellness. There are many egg benefits that we are not aware of, even though we consume this incredible superfood on a daily basis. Consuming boiled eggs or even in other forms is always recommended for the sheer nutritional value of the same.
In this article, you will learn more about the incredible benefits of eggs.
Nutritional Value of Egg
Here are the main egg nutrition facts that you should know more about:
- An egg only comes with 75 calories
- Protein: 7 g
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
Besides, you will get oodles of other essential nutrients in an egg like Vitamin A, B5, B6, B12, D, E, K, zinc, calcium, iron, selenium, folate, phosphorus, and carotenoids.
Now that you know about the egg nutrition value, here’s moving on to the biggest egg nutritional benefits for the system.
10 Incredible Health Benefits of Eating Eggs Everyday
Here is a list of the amazing benefits of eating eggs on a regular basis:
- Contains Essential Nutrient: The list of egg nutritional benefits is lengthy. They have almost everything you require in your daily diet. This includes protein, healthy fats, iron, minerals, carotenoids, zinc, calcium, selenium and vitamins. The presence of rich vitamins in eggs makes them an antidote for various types of illnesses.
- No Impact on Blood Cholesterol Levels: While eggs are higher in cholesterol, they do not have an impact on the levels of blood cholesterol. This makes them a comparatively healthier option for daily consumption.
- Increases Good Cholesterol Levels: One of the benefits of eating eggs daily is their ability to increase the levels of HDL or good cholesterol. This leads to lower risks for heart ailments and other health issues.
- Lowers Heart Disease Risks: Eggs help in reducing the risks of heart ailments with their ability to increase HDL levels in the system. They do not have any impact on blood cholesterol levels as well.
- Comes with Beneficial Choline: Choline is one nutrient that is really important and helps with cell membrane development and the production of signaling molecules within the brain. Deficiency symptoms are often serious and eggs help in filling up the gap.
- Comes with Major Antioxidants: Eggs also contain Lutein and Zeaxanthin which are antioxidants playing a vital role in eye health. They lower risks of macular degeneration and cataracts alike. These antioxidants are present in the egg yolk that we consume. Eggs also have Vitamin A which is regarded as good for eyesight.
- Reduces Triglycerides: Not every egg is the same. Pastured eggs come with higher volumes of Omega-3 fatty acids. This makes them potent in terms of lowering triglyceride levels in the body. Naturally, the risks of heart disease come down radically in this regard.
- Offers Superior Protein and Amino Acids: Eggs offer protein and amino acids in the best possible ratios for the system. One egg will offer at least 6-7 grams of protein in your daily diet.
- Lowers Risks of Strokes: Eggs may also help in reducing the risks of strokes as per several studies. They are also regarded as beneficial options for those battling diabetes.
- Eggs Help Manage Weight: Eggs are excellent options for good weight management, filling up the body swiftly. This leads to lesser calorie consumption and eventual weight loss.
Side Effects of Eating Eggs
There are some side effects to consuming eggs. They are listed below for your perusal:
- Increases in cholesterol levels, which may adversely impact people with existing disorders
- Pimples or boils on the skin
- Bloating in the stomach
- Risks of heart diseases for some people
- Insulin resistance issues
However, these side effects are mainly seen in case of excessive consumption of eggs.
The Bottom Line
Eggs are incredible superfoods that we should consume on a regular basis. They come with several benefits including more protein, muscle building, weight management and also better heart and eye health. You should consume eggs on a daily basis in the right amounts in order to harness their long list of benefits.
What are the benefits of eating eggs?
The list of benefits includes excellent nutrition, better heart health, Choline, better eyesight, weight loss and more. Eggs are filling, nutritious and incredibly healthy for our bodies.
What are the benefits of eating boiled eggs?
Boiled eggs offer much-needed protein along with good cholesterol. They also come with Vitamin D, Choline and other essential ingredients. They are good for heart and eye health alike.
Is it good to eat eggs every day?
You should ideally consume up to seven eggs each week for good health and wellness. You may consume only the egg white or choose to eat the yolk as well. You can consume an egg a day without any issues in most cases.
How many eggs in a day are healthy?
You should be able to consume 1-2 eggs each day based on the cholesterol that is already present in your daily meals. If you have heart disease risks or existing conditions, then you should keep it to 4-5 eggs each week. Consult your doctor in this regard.
What happens if you eat too many eggs?
Excessive consumption of eggs may lead to stomach problems, vomiting and bloating. It may also affect the kidneys if consumed in large amounts, since it contains high protein.