Proven Health Benefits of Eating Cucumber in Summers
The watery cucumber or Kachumber as it is also called can give us incredible health benefits. There are numerous cucumber benefits that we do not know about in most cases. It is imperative that you consume it regularly during hot and scorching summers in order to tap these health benefits. With 95% water content, it helps with ensuring suitable body hydration as well. Learn more about its benefits here.
Nutrition Value of Cucumber
Cucumber is a watery vegetable full of some essential nutrients. Here is a list of cucumber nutrients for your perusal:
- Water: 95%
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin K
Half a cup of cucumber will have just 8 calories and zero fat, sugar or cholesterol.
Now that you know these cucumber nutrition facts, it is time to move onto the benefits of eating cucumber at night or during the day in summers.
10 Proven Health Benefits of Eating Cucumber
With only 8 cucumber calories in half a cup, it certainly has numerous advantages for the body. Here is a list of the top benefits of eating cucumber in summers:
- Combats Dehydration: Cucumber contains 95% water, making it great for fighting dehydration. This is especially beneficial during hot summers when we are more vulnerable towards losing body fluids through excessive sweating. You may consider eating some cucumber slices after any physical exercise or workouts.
- Contains Rich Fiber: Cucumber comes with highly beneficial fiber that will improve digestion and combat constipation. Diabetics may consume it regularly to enable proper insulin secretion by the pancreas, thereby enabling sugar regulation.
- Better Bone Health: Cucumbers are rich in calcium for lowering risks of lower bone density and even fractures. You will develop stronger bones with consumption of cucumbers on a regular basis.
- Combats Cancer Cell Growth: Also note that cucumber comes with several anti-cancer attributes. It may help in lowering the spread of these cells throughout the body.
- Reduces Chronic Inflammatory Conditions: Vitamin C and water contained in cucumber will help in restoration of damaged body cells. This helps in combating various chronic inflammatory ailments including heart disorders as well. Cucumbers also combat inflammation with their antioxidants.
- Gives You Wonderful Hair: Cucumbers contain silicon and sulfur which may help with hair rejuvenation and strengthening alike. You will witness better hair quality with regular cucumber consumption.
- Reduces Constipation: The list of cucumber benefits doesn’t end here. Cucumbers go a long way towards lowering constipation with their dietary fiber content.
- Treats Kidney Stones: Cucumber contains water in large amounts, thereby flushing out toxins from the system. This may help in the treatment of kidney stones. Uric acid regulation is another advantage of cucumber consumption.
- Migraine Relief: Persistent migraines are really painful and cucumbers can help you alleviate the same. The magnesium content in the same will help in checking blood pressure and enhancing overall immunity, thereby relieving migraines.
- Gives You Better Skin: Cucumbers are excellent for skin health. You will get glowing and mark-free skin without any lines. Cucumber may be topically applied as a paste for revitalizing your skin as well. You can get rid of dark circles under your eyes with cucumber.
Cucumber also helps greatly in combating bad breath as per several reports. Consuming it daily with your meals is a major recommendation during summers.
Cucumber Side Effects
There are some rare side effects of cucumber that you should know about. They are listed below for your perusal:
- They are sometimes toxic for some people.
- They may lead to higher fluid loss in the body.
- There are some side effects of extra Vitamin C absorption.
- They may harm the renal system (rare).
- They may cause flatulence or bloating for some people.
- They are avoidable for those with milk or related allergies.
- They are sometimes avoidable for people who have skin or oral allergies.
The Bottom Line
Cucumbers are healthy and nutritious options for your daily diet in summers. You should consume a few slices with your daily meals. This will give you several benefits including proper hydration, better skin and hair, relief from migraines and more.
What are the benefits of eating cucumbers?
Cucumber consumption comes with several benefits. They help with better hydration, weight loss, and relief from constipation and migraines and also in checking blood sugar levels.
Why is cucumber not good for you?
Cucumbers are usually good snacks for most people. However, those with stomach issues should avoid it. It contains cucurbitacin which is a powerful element that leads to indigestion and some other issues like flatulence.
Is cucumber good for weight loss?
Cucumber comes with negligible calories and zero fats/sugar/cholesterol. This makes it ideal for weight loss. It comes with fiber and water which is suitable for hydration and weight management.
What happens if we eat cucumber daily?
Daily consumption of cucumber will help you get valuable Vitamin K, magnesium and potassium into your daily diet. It will help you with heart health, weight management and better skin and hair quality. It may also help in lowering blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
Does cucumber burn belly fat?
Cucumber may help with weight loss and fat burning since it mostly contains water. You can make it into a juice for stimulating your body metabolism and staying full for longer durations. This will help you burn stomach fat with its low-calorie content.