Getting Itchy Eyes? Here’s Itchy Eyes Home Remedy
Whenever you feel there is something wrong with your eyes, consult an eye specialist immediately. Taking proper care of your eyes is a must as that is one of the most important organs of our body. There are many reliable home remedies that you can rely on in order to take good care of your eyes.
There are times when we do not pay more attention to our eyesight and do not consult the doctor. Most of the time, what girls do is they do not remove their eye makeup before they go to bed, and this is one of the reasons for itchy eyes. It is very crucial that you remove your makeup before going to bed so that it does not harm your eye later on. When we apply makeup on the eyes, there are so many products that we use and have chemicals in them, so it is always advised to remove your makeup before you go to bed. There are some of the natural home remedies that you can use in order to get rid of itchy eyes. There are home remedies for eye irritation, itchy eyelashes, home remedy, etc., which will help you in giving relief.
How to get relief from itchy eyes?
There are different reasons that cause itchy eyes, such as eye makeup, applying fake eyelashes, use of eye lenses, exposure to dust, straining your eyes in front of the laptop, etc. There are certain home remedies for itchy eyes which you can follow in order to get relief from the same. It is advised that you should follow the home remedies on a regular basis to get better results in a span of a few days. Itchy eyes can also occur due to changes in weather conditions. Given below are some of the itchy eyes home remedies which will give you relief :
1. Cucumber slice: You can use a cucumber slice for itchy eyes as it has antioxidants and gives you a soothing effect from the skin irritation and reduces the swelling as well. Cucumber has a cooling effect and relieves the pain caused by itchy eyes. Cut the cucumber into 02 round pieces and place them on your eyes for a few minutes. Cucumber is one of the best home remedies for eye irritation.
2. Cold compress: You can use the ice packs as it helps to prevent itchiness and give you a soothing effect. You can take an ice pack and place it on your eyes and take it off after 1 or 2 minutes. Do this at least 2 to 3 times a day to get relief.
3. Tea Bags: There is a substance called epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) that is present in the tea bags, which provides relief from itchy and dry eyes. Collect all the tea bags and refrigerate them for about 30 minutes. Place the tea bags that are chilled on your eyelids and leave them on for some time. Remove it after 10 to 15 minutes. You can do this whenever you feel an itchy sensation in your eyes. Teabags are used as an itchy eyes home remedy.
4. Cold Milk: Cold milk is known to act as a cold compress. Applying cold milk to your eyes can help you in relieving the itchiness and swelling as well. You can dip a cotton ball in the cold milk and then close the eye that is feeling itchy and leave it for around 10 minutes. Cold milk is one of the best dry and itchy eyes home remedies, which gives you relief instantly. You can do this 02 to 03 times a day.
5. Water: This is one of the natural and best itchy eyes home remedies. Whenever your eyes feel itchy, wash them immediately with running water as it will soothe the irritation immediately. All you need to do is rinse and wash your eyes with water.
6. Aloe vera: There are many uses of aloe vera, and one of them is treating itchy eyes. Aloe vera is known to help in soothing the inflammation in the eyes as it has properties that will help you in relieving the pain that is caused by itchy eyes. You can apply aloe vera by blending it and getting the juice. Keep it in the refrigerator, then dip a cotton ball in the juice and place one on each eye. Keep it for at least 10 to 15 minutes, and then remove it to get relief. This is one of the home remedies used for eye irritation as well.
7. Castor oil: This is one of the best remedies for itchy eyes. It has a lubricant effect on your eyes and is a good option when it comes to treating itchy eyes. You can take a cotton ball and then soak it in castor oil. Strain the oil that is in excess and place the cotton ball on the eyelids. Leave it for 15 minutes and then remove it and wash your eyes with water.
8. Potato: Potato is one of the best and natural itchy eye home remedies. It has anti-inflammatory properties that will help you in treating your itchy eyes. Applying potatoes helps in reducing itchiness and also the swelling in the eyes. Take a raw potato and refrigerate it for some time. Then cut it into circular pieces and place one slice on each eye. Leave it for around 15 minutes and remove it after 15 minutes.
9. Honey: This is one of the natural home remedies that is used in treating many skin-related issues. It has anti-inflammatory properties and gives you a soothing effect. All you need is 1 tsp of organic honey. You can apply it under your eyelids, and keep it for about 20 minutes and then rinse it off thoroughly. You can also opt to put a drop of honey in your eyes. Do this at least twice a day.
Therefore, mentioned above are some of the natural and basic home remedies that you can follow to treat your itchy eyes easily. All you need to do is, follow the routine and do the remedies accordingly. Make sure that you do any one of them at least twice a day.