Coronavirus – Scriptures on Developing Invincible Immunity and Optimum Mental Health
Even with the introduction of COVID-19 vaccines in late 2020, many countries worldwide are still seeing a surge in covid cases. The pandemic is far from over.
As we all are stuck in this COVID-19 pandemic, it is essential to maintain your immunity levels even if you have been infected with the virus earlier and have recovered. There is still a lack of study of the virus, and in some cases, where immunity foods, supplements, and precautions were not taken, there was reinfection of the coronavirus. Maintaining your mental health along with your physical health is also very important in these challenging times. Both go hand in hand for living a healthy and stress-free life.
Ways to Boost Your Immunity Against COVID-19
As the cases of covid-19 continue to rise, people are looking for foods to increase immunity levels, and other types of supplements are also being looked at. In addition to washing your hands and taking other kinds of precautions, there are many ways by which you can maintain and boost your immunity levels against the corona. You can boost your immunity levels through ways such as –
- Diet – Whatever food you consume daily will determine your overall health and immunity levels of the body. Mushrooms, tomatoes, and green vegetables such as broccoli and spinach as immunity foods against coronavirus and many other severe infections. You can also add supplements such as omega 3 and 6 to increase your immunity levels with your daily means. Natural immunity booster foods such as ginger, turmeric, or amla and natural herbs such as garlic and black cumin can also help you increase your immunity levels naturally. Consumption of yogurt and fermented food is also suggested.
- Sleeping Schedules – If you are looking to boost your immunity levels, it is crucial not to miss out on your sleep and maintain a healthy sleeping schedule. If you sleep for about 7-8 hours every day, you will maintain your health. If you lack sleep, your body functions will be impacted, affecting your overall levels of immunity.
- Exercise – Having a good diet does not alone help boost your immunity; you have to supplement a healthy diet with daily exercise. You do not have to indulge in extensive exercises. Even light exercises can help you out a lot in terms of maintaining your immunity levels and health.
- Hydrated – Staying hydrated can also help your body. If you drink about 7-10 glasses of water, toxins will be flushed out of your body.
Ways to Maintain your Mental Health during Covid-19
During these challenging times, staying inside in our homes can affect our mental health as well. People have growing anxiety about the pandemic and always wonder when they will return to their old ways of living. Uncertainty with anything can burden your mind, and a pandemic like this can take a massive toll on your mental health. It is essential to manage your stress levels during a pandemic like this, where there is always uncertainty. You can maintain your mental health and reduce your stress through ways such as –
- Meditating – Immunity booster foods can maintain your physical health. Still, mediation is one of the best things you can do to maintain your mental health by reducing stress levels in your body. Mediation can help calm down your nerves and mind. Several videos on YouTube can guide you on how to meditate.
- Avoid Smoking or Substances – Consumption of alcohol, taking various substances, or indulging in smoking directly impacts the immunity levels of your body. People who drink a lot of alcohol end up suffering from ARDS (acute respiratory distress syndrome) caused by COVID-19. It is recommended to take these things at moderate levels or avoid them totally to maintain your health during these challenging times, which is essential against this deadly virus.
- Having Morning Routines – If you’re detained at home due to an increase in the number of covid cases in your region, developing a morning routine can help you manage your stress and mental health. Routines in the morning might help you feel more productive and optimistic throughout these times. Start by getting up at a consistent hour, bathing, exercising, meditating, and eating a nutritious meal with your family or friends.
- Focusing on Yourself – If you ever wanted to pick up any hobby or a new thing to learn, this is the time. Not only will you engage in something you will, but you will also be distracting yourself from all the negative news around you due to covid, which can harm your mental health.
- Limiting the use of social media – When you’re continuously checking your feeds, you’ll likely come across negative or terrible news about COVID-19. This may lead to greater negativity and stress, which is harmful to your general health. Switch off the daily news notifications and look at news given by trustworthy media providers while checking your social media applications once or twice a day.
- Maintain Connections – Being socially isolated from those around you due to covid-19 does not mean you must be completely cut off from them. Even a simple text might assist you in making connections with others.
During these challenging times, it is essential to take care of your physical and mental health. Maintaining immunity against this virus is very important as in cases of covid-19, people have suffered long-lasting problems, and in many cases, people have died. The rollout of vaccines has undoubtedly helped lower the infection rate, but cases are still rising in many different countries worldwide. Hence, it is essential to take all kinds of precautions to keep yourself and your family away from coronavirus. Without precautions, this pandemic will never come to an end.