8 Best Ways to Use Aloe Vera Gel for the Face for Better Results
Sanjana (17-years-old) is a 1st-year engineering student from Pune. Sanjana is a pretty, vivacious girl and her face is also radiant and glowing. Sanjana is planning to participate in the Ms. Fresher competition of her knowledge. But for the past few days, she felt her skin has become dry, dull, and shrivelled. Sanjana was upset as this was not affecting her looks but also diminishing her self-esteem. Her grandmother advised her to use aloe vera gel for her face that will not only make her face glowing but also will make her skin radiant and attractive. Sanjana has started using aloe vera for her face and she was amazed by the benefits of aloe vera on the skin.
Aloe vera is a succulent plant that grows mainly in hot and humid climates. A person can apply fresh aloe vera gel by cutting the leaves of the plant or he/she can purchase various aloe vera gel products from a pharmacy or departmental store. The benefits of using aloe vera on the face are quite amazing. By applying aloe vera gel on your face regularly; you can get rid of various problems including acne, sunburn, eczema, and many more.
9 Top Benefits of Using Aloe Vera Gel on Face & Skin
Aloe vera gel contains various essential vitamins including A, C, E, and B12. Using aloe vera for the face has multifarious benefits.
- Aloe vera gel has anti-inflammatory properties and thus, it can minimize pain, swelling, and soreness of wounds or injuries on your face.
- This gel stimulates and produces collagen.
- This can speed up the time of wound healing time and restrict scarring.
- Aloe Vera Gel for the face is quite soothing for first-degree and second-degree burns.
- This gel is effective in treating various bacterial (acne) and fungal infections.
- Aloe vera gel has an antioxidant effect, thus it repairs sun damage and slows down the process of skin ageing
- This gel contains 98% of water, so it moisturizes, soothes, and hydrates your skin.
- This makes your face more supple, rather than stiff and rubbery.
- Due to its cooling effect, this gel is useful in treating rashes.
8 Way to Use Aloe Vera Gel for your Face
You can use aloe vera gel on your face in the following ways.
- Face Wash: Once your hands are cleaned, use a small amount of aloe vera gel on your face. Gently rub the gel all over your face using a circular motion. Now, wash your face with cold water and gently pat dry. For better results, you can use an aloe vera skin toner.
- Skin Toner: By mixing 2 parts water with 1 part aloe vera gel, you can make aloe vera skin toner. Now, pour this mixture into an airtight bottle and store it in the refrigerator. Before applying, shake the bottle properly. By using a fresh cotton ball, apply the toner all over your face.
- Insect Bite Treatment: If you are having an insect bite on your face, then first, wash the wound with soap and water. Pat dry it by using a towel. Now, apply aloe vera gel to the entire area and leave it for 15–20 minutes. Based on your needs, you may reapply it.
- Minor Skin Wounds or Cuts: If you are having minor cuts or small wounds on your face, then clean your wounds with soap and water and let them dry for some time. Now, pour a small amount of aloe vera gel into the wound or cut. Cover the area with a bandage and let it allow healing overnight. Reapply it if needed.
- Antifungal Treatment: If you are suffering from fungal infections, then use aloe vera gel to the area three times a day for 2 weeks.
- Moisturizing Effect and Eczema Relief: Use a small amount of aloe vera gel to the face and leave it on for 5–10 minutes. Wash your face with water and gently pat dry.
- Acne Spots and Rosacea: Acne spots are very troublesome and will tarnish your appearance. You can make a solution to overcome these scars by using 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel with 2–3 drops of fresh lemon juice. Keep the mixture in an airtight container and store it in your refrigerator. Once you clean your face, then apply a small amount of the mixture to acne spots and scars once or twice a day. Your scars will fade away gradually and you will regain your beautiful and radiant face. Similarly, to treat rosacea, you can make a mixture by using aloe vera gel with several drops of tea tree oil.
- Sunburn: Apply chilled aloe vera gel to the sunburned area twice a day. Your inflammation will be improved if you use aloe vera gel regularly and your skin colour will also be returned to normal.
Risks of Aloe Vera Gel for Face
Though aloe vera gel is safe to use on your face and will not cause any serious health risks, some people may face stinging or burning feelings after applying gel to their face. So, always do a patch test before applying the gel directly to your face, especially if you have sensitive skin.
Sometimes, leaving aloe vera gel on the face for a long time may make your skin dry. So, wash your face after a few minutes while applying aloe vera gel to your face.
Applying aloe vera gel to your face will not only make your face healthy and glowing but also help you to overcome various skin ailments. You can get aloe vera gel directly from an aloe plant or purchase ready-made aloe gel products from various stores.