8 Best Home Remedies for Stomach Pain To Get Instant Relief
Stomach pain, caused by indigestion or any other issue, is a common affair for most individuals. Yet, it is truly uncomfortable when it happens. An upset stomach may lead to severe discomfort as well. However, there are several effective home remedies for stomach pain that you should know more about. A stomach upset is otherwise known as dyspepsia that talks about discomfort plaguing the upper abdomen.
Read on to learn more about the causes, remedies for stomach ache in this article.
7 Common Reasons for Stomach Upsets
Before getting into stomach pain remedies, you should know about the main causes behind the same as well. This will help you find stomach pain solutions more effectively in the bargain. Here is a list of causes:
- Eating too fast or overeating
- Consumption of spicy and fast food
- Abdominal pain
- Pathological reasons like hyperacidity, gastritis and so on
- Medication related indigestion issues
Symptoms of Stomach Upsets
How to get rid of stomach pain? There are many natural remedies to help you do it. However, you should note the prevalent symptoms first:
- Feeling extra full either during the meal or afterwards
- Feeling bloated
- Burning sensations in the upper abdomen and frequent belching
- Vomiting and Nausea
Top 8 Home Remedies for Stomach Pain Relief
How to cure stomach pain? Here is a list of home remedies for stomach aches and pain that you should check out:
- Water: Water is one of the best home remedies for stomach aches. Our bodies require vital nutrients from water which also flushes out toxins. It also combats dehydration which often leads to stomach pain and upsets, on account of diarrhea and vomiting. Water also helps in destroying acid in the digestive tract, enabling a soothing impact on the stomach.
- Lemon Water: Lemon water combats indigestion and discomfort in the abdomen. Lemon has its own alkaline effect which helps in relieving extra stomach acidity.
- Baking Soda & Lemon Beverage: You can consume this mixture for relieving indigestion and stomach pain. The beverage leads to the production of carbonic acid within the stomach, thereby lowering gas and indigestion greatly.
- Mint: Mint leaves have menthol which soothes the stomach and relieves indigestion. It also helps in lowering intestinal muscle spasms while reducing pain simultaneously.
- Ginger: Ginger has been used traditionally for tackling stomach pain, vomiting and nausea along with cough and cold. It has shogaols and gingerols which help in accelerating contractions in the stomach and reducing pain considerably.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon comes with rich antioxidants including linalool, camphor, cinnamaldehyde and Eugenol. It helps in better digestion along with combating symptoms such as extra abdominal fullness, nausea and bloating.
- Cumin: Cumin seeds help in soothing stomach upsets, especially if you desire results instantly. They help in lowering abdominal pain and hyperacidity.
- Bananas: Bananas come with folate, vitamins and potassium, contributing towards lower stomach acids and relief from hyperacidity as well. They also help in bulking up loose stools, thereby tackling diarrhea.
When to consult your doctor If you Have Stomach Pain
You should seek professional/medical assistance if you have stomach pain that does not go away or improve over many days. Some of the other conditions include the following:
- Appendicitis: This happens due to a swollen or inflamed appendix, leading to pain and aches in the stomach. The appendix will have to be removed through medical treatment and surgeries, necessitating instant medical consultation.
- Bleeding from Stomach Ulcers: Sores in the small intestines or stomach lining may lead to ulcers and eventual bleeding. You may find this condition worsening if it is not treated properly.
- Inflammation of the Gallbladder: Inflammation of the gallbladder happens due to gallstones which may lead to cholecystitis or similar conditions in the absence of instant medical supervision. Gallbladder removal may be necessary in such scenarios.
- Stones in the Kidneys: Stones are usually smaller and can be passed through urine. Yet, bigger ones may lead to tube blockages, leading to severe pain and aches in the stomach.
- Diverticulitis: This ailment leads to smaller bowel pockets that are inflamed and uncomfortable. Taking proper medication is always a must in these scenarios.
How do you relieve stomach pain?
You can relieve stomach pain by putting hot water bags on the abdomen as per your doctor’s advice, drinking water and fluids, taking a warm bath and lowering the consumption of alcohol, tea and coffee.
How do I know if my stomach pain is serious?
You should get medical assistance instantly if you have severe pain in the abdomen or pain linked to high fever. You should also consult your doctor if the pain continually changes its location or intensity levels.
What are the types of stomach pain?
There are several stomach pain types including a burning sensation in the upper stomach, jabbing sensations, sharper pain, general pain with diarrhea or general pain with bloating to name a few types.
How do you get rid of a stomach ache in 5 minutes?
You may sometimes get instant relief by using a hot water bottle, heating pad or hot towel over your abdomen and back. This may help in lowering stomach aches and pains swiftly.
How do I know if my stomach pain is gas?
You can identify stomach pain due to gas by noting symptoms like frequently passing gas, burping, cramping or pain in the abdomen, feeling fuller or experiencing abdominal pressure and also an increase in your abdomen size.