National Mediclaim Plus Health Insurance
About the National Mediclaim Plus Health Insurance
Buying a Mediclaim or health insurance policy has become a necessity in today’s times. With ever-increasing medical inflation, a single trip to the hospital can make you shell out all of your savings. Even simple medical procedures are becoming more and more costly. This can be especially true in the case of expensive private hospitals. Having to borrow money from friends and family or taking huge loans is not a good solution for the long term. This is why it becomes very important for you to get a good plan that covers you and all of your loved ones.
If you are looking for a good plan, then you must check out the National Mediclaim Plus Policy by the National Insurance Company. This plan is a good and comprehensive health insurance option. It offers many solid benefits and attractive features. To know more about this plan, scroll down below. Before buying any health insurance policy, it is always recommended to compare multiple plans and options to see which one would best fit your needs and requirements. So, we will discuss all the important information about this policy such as its benefits, key inclusions, exclusions, reviews, ratings, etc. Having this information can help you make an informed decision about the policy and your future.
This is a very comprehensive plan when it comes to its coverage. It helps you against many essential as well as extra expenses that usually occur when you have to make a long trip to the hospital. An especially great feature of the policy is also that it offers you many sum insured options to choose from. Having these options gives you the freedom to select the plan that is best suited to you.
While choosing your plan, you have to consider many factors such as your monthly budget, lifestyle, family size, etc. With this plan, you get to choose the plan option you want according to your own convenience and comfort. There are 3 main plans offered under this policy, namely, Plan-A, Plan-B, and Plan-C. All of these plans offer you different features and provide you with different levels of coverage. Among these, you can choose the one which best fits your budget and needs.
Apart from this, the plans offered under the policy are also very affordably priced. This makes it a good policy to consider if you are on a budget. Other features such as up to 140 included day-care procedures, pre, and post-hospitalization expenses, ambulance charges, the option to get a second medical opinion, etc. make it a very attractive plan.
- Hospital expenses when you are admitted: The hospital expenses covered by the policy include the following charges:
- Room and ICU charges. Other included charges include diet charges, nursing care, RMO Charges, etc.
- Charges for medical practitioners
- Charges for medicines and other useful drugs that help you in your treatment
- Diagnostic procedures and other expenses
- Pre and Post hospitalization expenses: Sometimes, costs that come with treating medical conditions may start well before hospitalization. This is why this plan helps you prepare for these extra costs. The policy is providing you with pre-hospitalization costs up to 30 days before you are admitted for your medical condition. That's not all, though. Even after your hospital stay is over, there are still many costs that you may have to bear. To help you with these, the policy also provides a post-hospitalization cover up to 60 days. These features can end up being really helpful for many medical conditions that require a lot of medical attention, both before as well as after the main treatment or procedure in the hospital.
- Modern treatments like Intra-Vitreal Injections, robotic surgeries, oral chemotherapy, etc. are also covered. These treatments are very promising and can prove to be very helpful in some medical conditions but costs can be pretty steep. They might even be the difference between life and death for you or your loved ones. This is why many plans now cover such treatments under their policies. Due to this feature, you can now get many treatments done without worrying about your policy not covering them.
- Medical second opinion: Getting a second opinion is always a good thing to do in life. It allows you to reconsider your situation. You get to see the world from a fresh new perspective that you may have previously not thought of. Often, new options and choices can also come along while having these discussions. While having a thorough discussion, we may also come across options that we had previously discarded but that could actually prove to be very helpful for our situation. These are only some of the reasons why this policy offers you the option to get a second medical opinion in case of some selected major illnesses. With this feature, you can benefit from the experience of well-practiced medical professionals. Your insurer will take care of arranging for the medical second opinion. This would be done from a panel of WLMC (World Leading Medical Centers). If you are feeling confused about your situation and feel like you might be in need of a second opinion, all you need to do is ask your policy for help with the same. It is also to be noted that the advice you get in your second opinion will not be set in stone for you. At the end of the day, it is your choice whether you want to follow it or not. This is because while it is always good to have it as an option in case of scary situations, the freedom to choose at the end of the day must always remain with you. For more information about this feature of the policy, you can check out the plan website for a detailed description of the same.
- Pre-existing Diseases (waiting period of 36 months): Do you already suffer from a serious pre-existing disease? In that case, this policy cannot help you on an immediate basis. As soon as you get the policy, your treatment costs related to the pre-existing medical condition will not be covered. But don't worry just now! In this case, you can get the benefits for the treatment if you spend a waiting period of 36 months with your policy. The coverage must be continuous after your date of buying the plan. To get these benefits for you or your loved one insured under this plan, you must tell the company about your pre-existing condition and the same should also be accepted by the company while giving you the policy.
- Variable waiting period for specified diseases: Some lifestyle conditions such as hypertension have a waiting period of 90 days. Other treatments such as Cataract have a wait period of 2 years. The waiting period is different for a given number of diseases. To see a comprehensive list of the conditions that are covered with a waiting period and to know more about their waiting period, you should check the plan's website for details about the same.
- STDs/HIV/AIDS: The treatment costs related to diseases that are sexually transmitted in nature, and HIV and AIDS cannot be covered by this policy.
- AYUSH Treatments for alternate therapies like Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy in addition to allopathy can be covered with this policy
- Hospital Cash Allowance: Up to a given limit and for a maximum period of 5 days
- Ambulance Charges: The policy will also help you cover the charges that you may incur while taking an ambulance. Under some emergencies, it may also be possible to get an air ambulance.
- Benefits like a medical emergency reunion, vaccination for children
- Additional HIV/AIDS cover
- Mental Illness cover
The policy has garnered some good overall ratings. Here is what the users have to say about the policy:
- It is a great benefit that the policy has a good network of hospitals of about 6000+ hospitals.
- The policy is very easy on the budget of most families
- The website of the policy is very easy to navigate
- It is a very easy and hassle-free process to renew the policy
National Mediclaim Plus Health Insurance FAQs
What all factors should I consider while buying this policy?
There are many important things that you must consider while buying this policy. While it may be difficult to list out an exhausting number of factors you should consider, you should definitely look at the following things before buying your policy
The policy needs of you and your family
Lifestyle, pre-existing health conditions, etc.
Family size, i.e., number of people in your family that must be insured under your policy
Your budget and the amount of money you can easily shell out on a monthly or annual basis
Which plan should I buy; Plan-A, Plan-B or Plan-C?
While it may be tough to decide which plan you should opt for to protect you and your family, it is a decision that only you can take. This is because the plan you choose should be based on your budget and after good consideration of the ages, and health of the members of your family, your savings, etc.
What is the claims settlement ratio of this policy?
This policy has a claims settlement ratio of 83.78% with over 17.25 lakh policies sold till date.