United India Health Insurance vs Future Generali Health Insurance
Buying a health insurance policy should not be a matter of choice but a matter of priority. Health risks, especially amidst the persistent spread of the COVID-19 virus, are at an all-time high. It is crucial to have a financial cushion to fall back on in times of health crisis. To pick an insurance policy that fits your needs and financial capacity, you need to compare some of the best insurance policies offered by trusted insurance providers. Read this United India Health Insurance and Future Generali Health Insurance comparison guide to start your health insurance selection journey.
United India vs Future Generali Health Insurance
|Parameter||United India Health Insurance||Future Generali Health Insurance|
|Number of health insurance plans||8||13|
|E-services||Policy sale |
24×7 customer service
|Policy sale |
24×7 customer service
|Incurred claim ratio||110%||73%|
|Claim settlement ratio||79.72%||87.68%|
*Source: IRDAI 2018-19 Annual Report
Health Insurance Policies: United India Health Insurance versus Future Generali Health Insurance
United India has 8 health insurance policies. The policies provide coverage for individuals, family, senior citizens and groups (employer-employee). The company also offers separate policies to cover critical illnesses, accidents and COVID-19.
Future Generali has 13 health insurance policies on offer. The policies provide coverage for individual, family and senior citizens. There are separate policies to cover critical illnesses, accidents, vector-borne diseases and COVID-19, among others.
Select the one that offers you the best terms.
Arogya Sanjeevani Policy:
United India offers its Arogya Sanjeevani Policy on an individual and family floater basis. Key offerings include:
- Sum insured (SI) between Rs.1 lakh and Rs.5 lakhs
- Indemnification (up to the SI) of pre, post and in-hospitalization charges
- Indemnification (up to the SI) for daycare treatment, AYUSH treatment, and cataract treatment
- Indemnification (up to the SI) for dental treatment and plastic surgery if required due to a disease/ injury
Future Generali also offers its Arogya Sanjeevani Policy on an individual and family floater basis. Principal characteristics of the offerings include:
- A sum insured (SI) between Rs.1 lakh and Rs.5 lakhs
- Coverage for pre, post and in-hospitalization expenses
- Coverage for day-care treatment and AYUSH treatment
- Coverage for advanced treatment (up to 50% of SI) and cataract treatment (up to 25% of SI)
- Waiver of pre-policy medical test for individuals aged 55 years and below
Critical Illness Insurance Policy:
United India offers UNI Criticare – an insurance policy that provides coverage against 11 critical illnesses. It provides:
- Coverage for major ailments like cancer, first heart attack, motor neuron disease etc.
- A lump-sum payout of the sum insured (between Rs.1 lakh and Rs.10 lakhs) upon diagnosis of critical illness
- A 90-day waiting period, 30-day survival period and 15-day free look period
Future Generali Critical Insurance Policy provides coverage against 9 critical illnesses and 3 major surgical procedures. It provides:
- Sum insured options ranging between Rs.1 lakh and Rs.50 lakhs
- Lump-sum payout upon the diagnosis of a critical illness or the necessity of a surgical procedure
- Waiver of pre-policy medical test for those up to the age of 45 (subject to having SI of at least Rs.5 lakhs)
- Coverage of 50% of the expenses for medical tests for those aged 46 years and above
Corona Kavach Insurance Policy:
The onset of COVID-19 has highlighted the need for quality healthcare across all sections of society. To make affordable health insurance a reality, the Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has mandated all insurance companies to provide coverage for COVID-19.
Both United India Health Insurance and Future Generali Health Insurance offer a standard Corona Kavach Policy and share similar features. They offer:
- Sum insured options between Rs.50,000 and Rs.5 lakhs
- Indemnification/coverage for pre, post and in-hospitalization expenses including diagnostic tests, consultations, medications, nursing and doctor fees, etc.
- Coverage for home care treatment and AYUSH treatment
- Coverage for road ambulance expenses
- A policy term of 3.5, 6.5 and 9.5 months
This United India Health Insurance versus Future Generali Health Insurance comparison guide will help you pick a plan most suited to your needs. For more clarity, reach out to a professional insurance expert.
FAQs: United India Health Insurance vs Future Generali Health Insurance
What is a survival period?
A survival period is approximately 30-day period which the insured survives from the date of the first diagnosis of any illness/health ailment listed under a particular health insurance policy.
What is co-payment?
Co-payment is a cost-sharing system between the insurance provider and policyholder in which the policyholder bears a specific percentage of the claim amount. Co-payment can be mandatory or voluntary.
What is cashless hospitalization?
Cashless hospitalization is when the health insurance company settles all medical bills for hospitalization expenses incurred by the policyholder. The policyholder does not have to bear any expenses in such cases.
- What is co-payment?