Tata AIG Health Insurance vs Star Health Insurance
Health is wealth. But with stress, unhealthy eating and lifestyle habits, as well as rising healthcare costs, it becomes difficult to maintain good health overall. While an insurance policy can do little to keep you healthy, comprehensive health insurance coverage can financially protect you against medical emergencies and other health-related costs. It can prevent a financial disaster.
So, read the detailed TATA AIG and Star Health Insurance plan comparison and take your pick:
TATA AIG versus Star Health Insurance – Overview
|Parameter||TATA AIG Insurance||Star Health Insurance|
|Number of health insurance plans||10||11|
|E-services||Policy purchase, renewal, claim settlement, free health line, health portal, health e-newsletter, and more||Policy purchase, renewal, claim settlement, online doctor consultation and expert support|
|Incurred claims ratio||78%||63%|
|Claim settlement time||Cashless claims in 4 hours||90% cashless claims settled within 2 hours|
|Hospital network in India||More than 5,200||More than 9,900|
*Source: Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) Annual Report 2018-19
Health Insurance Policy: TATA AIG versus Star Health Insurance
Established in 2001, TATA AIG has made a strong mark in the health insurance industry with its range of innovative policies. The company aims to become a leader in the insurance sector by 2025 by introducing novel risk solutions. It has ten different health insurance plans encompassing individual, family, critical illness, women health, senior citizen, Arogya Sanjeevani etc.
Founded in 2006, Star Health Insurance is a stand-alone health insurer. The company has earned a good reputation for its carefully-crafted variety of health insurance policies. It offers 11 insurance policies including individual, family, Critical illness, Diabetes, COVID-19 plans, etc.
Below is the detailed policy-wise TATA AIG and Star Health Insurance plan comparison:
Individual and Family Plans
TATA AIG provides comprehensive family and individual policies. Important features of the health plans are:
- Includes benefits like hospitalisation, post-hospitalisation, major and minor surgery, ambulance, convalescence, etc.
- Provides advanced coverage for critical illness, recovery expenses, ICU charges, disability support, etc. in the family health policy
- Offers daily cash allowance to the family in case of any illness or injury of a family member
Star Health Insurance offers individual and family floater plans for you and your loved ones. Key features include:
- Available for anyone between 18 and 65 years of age
- Offers protection for self, spouse and three dependent kids, between the age of three months and 25 years
- Includes expenses like pre-and post-hospitalisation, delivery and newborn, organ donation, health check-ups, AYUSH treatment for alternate medicines and others
- Provides an accidental cover and permanent total disablement cover
- Includes additional costs like air ambulance and second medical opinions
- Offers 100% automatic renewal of the sum assured, subject to some terms
Critical Illness Plans
TATA AIG Health Insurance offers a special critical illness policy. Important features include:
- Available for anyone between 18 years and 65 years of age
- Includes 11 critical diseases like cancer, heart attack, stroke, open chest CABG, bone marrow transplant, blindness, major burns, paralysis, etc.
- Covers second opinion costs
- Offers entire coverage amount in a lump sum in specific cases
- Permits enhancement of sum assured
Star Health Insurance has a separate Critical illness insurance policy. Key features are:
- Includes, nine specific critical ailments such as cancer, chronic kidney disease, brain surgery, major organ transplant, etc.
- Offers lump sum payment on diagnosis of a listed critical illness
- Reimburses regular hospitalisation costs and ambulance costs
- Covers non-allopathic treatment covered by AYUSH also
- Allows lifelong policy renewal
Senior Citizen Plans
Star Health Insurance offers a specialised senior citizen red carpet health insurance plan. Highlights of the policy include:
- Available for people aged between 60-75 years
- Available on an individual or on family floater basis
- Includes, day-care procedures, pre-and post-hospitalisation, in-hospital expenses, health check-ups, medical consultations, ambulance, etc.
- Covers pre-existing diseases, outpatient consultation for network hospitals and cataract operation
- No pre-acceptance medical check-up
TATA AIG offers a holistic senior citizen health insurance plan. Key features include:
- Available for people aged 61 years and above
- Includes, benefits like in-patient treatment, home treatment, pre-and post-hospitalisation, day-care procedures, organ donation, emergency ambulance etc
- Allows lifelong renewability and increase sum assured feature
- Offers premium discounts on specific conditions
Be sure to read all the terms and conditions carefully before buying a health cover. You can consult experienced professional insurance experts to ensure you get the best available health insurance for your needs.