Star Health Insurance vs Reliance Health Insurance
Safeguarding your health, especially in these times of rising uncertainty, is no more a matter of choice but an absolute necessity. A health insurance plan is one of the best ways to financially secure yourself and your loved ones in case of a medical emergency. Picking a health insurance plan can be somewhat tricky due to the plethora of competing health plans offered by companies. So, here is a quick Star Health Insurance and Reliance Health Insurance comparison guide to help you kick-start your journey.
Star Health Insurance and Reliance Health Insurance Comparison – Overview
|Parameter||Star Health Insurance||Reliance Health Insurance|
|Number of health insurance plans||11||11|
|E-services||Policy purchase, renewal, claim settlement, online doctor consultation, and 24×7 customer care||Policy delivery, policy renewal, claim settlement, online doctor consultation, and 24×7 customer care|
|Claim settlement ratio||90%||94%|
|Claim settlement time||Cashless claims settlement within 2 hours||Cashless claims settlement within 2 days of intimation|
|Hospital network||More than 9,900||More than 7,300|
*Source: Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) Annual Report 2018-19.
Health Insurance Policy: Star Health Insurance versus Reliance Health Insurance
Reliance Health Insurance offers 11 health insurance plans. All these plans provide extensive coverage for a wide range of healthcare needs. You can avail any of these plans to protect yourself and your loved ones.
Star Health Insurance offers 11 health insurance policies. These health policies cover individuals, families, senior citizen etc.
This Star Health Insurance and Reliance Health Insurance Comparison guide will help you pick a plan that is customized to your specific healthcare needs.
Individual and Family Health Insurance Plans
Reliance Health Insurance offers individual and family health insurance plans. Health Gain insurance policy, Health Wise insurance policy and Health Infinity insurance policy are some of the health plans that:
- Covers entire hospitalization expenses (pre, post and in-patient)
- Covers charges for day-care treatment and domiciliary (at-home) treatment
- Covers organ donor expenses and charges for AYUSH treatment
- Offers discounts and global hospitalization in case of emergencies
- Covers ambulance charges and provides for hospital room rent
Star Health Insurance offers a range of individual and family floater plans. Below are its key features:
- Provides coverage for in-patient, pre-and post-hospitalization charges
- Offers coverage for maternity, newborns and complex medical procedures
- Provides cover for domiciliary treatment, organ donor transplantation and AYUSH treatment
- Offers regular health check-ups, second opinions and renewal benefits
Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Plan:
Arogya Sanjeevani policies aim to provide a standard cover for health care needs in exchange for a low and affordable rate of premium. Both Star Health Insurance and Reliance Health Insurance provide policies whose main aim is to provide quality health care to all.
Features of Star Health Insurance Arogya Sanjeevani plan are:
- Issues policy on an individual and floater basis
- Covers hospitalization charges, room rent, ambulance charges and ICU expenses
- Provides cover for modern, daycare and AYUSH treatments
- Offers a 20% discount for rural areas
Features of Reliance Health Insurance Arogya-Sanjeevani plan are:
- Covers hospitalization expenses like room rent, ICU charges, nursing expenses, etc.
- Provides cover for special procedures, day-care treatment
- Offers cover for cataract and AYUSH treatment
- Covers dental expenses resulting from an injury/ accident
Critical Illness Insurance Plans
Star Health Insurance has a critical illness policy that covers individual and family needs against 9 critical illnesses. Some features include:
- Provides cover against cancer, multiple sclerosis, chronic kidney disease, brain surgery, etc.
- Offers a 100% lump sum payout on diagnosis
- Covers regular hospitalization costs
- Provides coverage for non-allopathic treatment and certain daycare procedures
Reliance Health Insurance critical illness policy provides cover against 10 critical illnesses. Key offerings include:
- Provides cover against cancer, major organ transplant, third-degree burns, etc.
- Provides a lump-sum payment
- Requires no medical test before the issue of a policy
- Provides a sum assured up to Rs.10 lakh
- Offers the policy for 1-3 years
On comparing Star Health Insurance versus Reliance Health Insurance, you get a brief understanding of the two plans. In case you need further help, reach out to a professional insurance expert.
FAQs: Star Health Insurance Vs Reliance Health Insurance Plan
Is it mandatory to have a health insurance policy?
In India, it is not mandatory to have a health insurance policy for yourself or your loved ones. However, it is wise to have a health insurance policy for you and your family. This is because it comes to your rescue during medical emergencies. It also reduces the financial burden of the treatment.
Is a medical check-up necessary for availing health insurance?
Yes, most insurance companies will ask you to take a standard medical test before they can issue you a health insurance policy. This test is necessary to assess your current health state and the type of policy that will fit your needs as well as your premium amount.
What is the meaning of cashless hospitalization?
Cashless hospitalization means that your health insurance company settles all your medical bills if you get hospitalized. You are not required to make any payments during hospitalization as the insurance company directly settles the bills with the hospital.