Star Health Insurance vs Care (Religare) Health Insurance
There are plenty of options when it comes to choosing health insurance. In these ever-changing times, staying healthy and protected is highly important, but there are a number of factors beyond your control. Health insurance is the right way to protect yourself from unforeseen circumstances. These plans come with various features and benefits that you need to assess before selecting one.
Are you looking to compare Religare and Star Health Insurance plans? Here’s a quick guide.
Star Health Insurance versus Religare Health Insurance – An Overview
|Parameter||Religare Health Insurance||Star Health Insurance|
|Policy Tenure (in years)||1,2,3||1|
|Number of Day Care Treatments Covered||500||All|
|No Pre-Policy Medical Tests Age||45||51|
|Pre-hospitalization Expenses||Actual expenses for up to 30 days||Actual expenses for up to 60 days|
|Ambulance Charges (in Rs.)||2000||1500|
|Cashless Hospitals Network||5420||8400|
Source: Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) Annual Report 2018-19, official websites of the insurance providers
Family Health Insurance Policy: Star Health Insurance versus Religare Health Insurance
Care Health Insurance Company (Formerly Religare Health Insurance) was founded in 2012 in Gurugram, Haryana. It has consolidated its position in the insurance market within a short span of time.
Star Health & Allied Insurance Co. Ltd has been a leading insurance provider in India since 2006. It is known for its low-cost insurance plans with an impressive hospital network across the country.
Let us compare Religare and Star Health Insurance plans based on various parameters.
Family Insurance Plans
Religare Health Insurance offers policies and plans for different stages of life. The highlights of their plans include:
- Provides various health insurance plans including Care Health, Care Freedom for diabetics, Care Heart Health, Care Joy for maternity insurance, Care Enhance Health and Care Senior Health Insurance Plan
- Offers up to 100% no claim bonus (NCB) in the form of higher cover
- Covers day-care treatment for more than 540 procedures
- Minimum entry age at 91 days with no upper limit
Star Health Insurance offers affordable plans for the whole family. Here are some key features:
- Offers various health insurance plans including Star Comprehensive, Senior Citizens Red Carpet, Star Super Surplus, Family Health Optima Midi-Classic, Health Gain, Diabetes Safe, Cardiac Care, Cancer Care Gold and Novel Coronavirus insurance policies
- Has specialized plans for diabetic, heart, and HIV patients
- Provides 24×7 expert doctor consultation with free medical advice
- Offers complimentary second medical opinion for the insured
Personal Insurance Plans
Religare Care Health Insurance Plan offers a comprehensive cover for individuals. Key features include:
- Offers coverage ranging from Rs. 3 lakh to Rs. 6 crores
- Provides coverage ranging from Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 3 lakh for organ transplants
- Reimburses ambulance expenses too
- Offers 1-year policy period with lifetime renewability
Star Health Insurance offers Medi-Classic Insurance Policy for individuals with low-cost premiums. Key highlights include:
- Offers 25% of sum insured for non-allopathic treatments
- Covers emergency ambulance facility for up to Rs.1500 for each policy term
- Covers all expenses for in-patient hospitalization up to 1% of the sum insured
- Allows lifetime renewal on policies
Diabetes Insurance Plans
Religare offers the Care Freedom Plan which is designed for diabetic patients. It is meant to offer coverage against regular medical expenses that a patient incurs for their treatment. Key features include:
- Offers coverage ranging from Rs. 3 lakh to Rs. 10 lakh
- No pre-medical checkup needed
- Covers diagnosis, consultation and medication expenses
Star Diabetes Safe Insurance Policy covers the medical conditions that come with the diagnosis of both Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Its key features are:
- Includes hospital stay, boarding, and nursing charges
- Covers drugs, pharmacy bills, and diagnostic tests
- Pays for ambulance charges up to Rs. 2000 for each policy
Compare Star Health Insurance versus Religare Health Insurance to make a well-informed decision. If you need additional help, consider getting in touch to buy health insurance online.
FAQs: Star Health Insurance Vs Religare Health Insurance Plan Comparison
I have never had health insurance before, will that be a problem?
Not having a previous health insurance policy is not a problem but you would need to check your eligibility with the insurance provider. Make sure you find out the minimum and maximum age of entry to know if you qualify.
Is it possible to add coverage to my existing policy? We are planning to start a family.
Yes, insurance providers give you the option to top-up your existing plans for a wider coverage based on your needs. It is always a good idea to add cover for an ongoing plan rather than buying a separate one as it leads to lower premiums along with better coverage.
Do I need to pay additional fees for my annual checkup?
In most cases, annual medical check-ups are covered under your health insurance. Though, you should contact your insurance provider to be sure as policies and coverage may differ across companies.