Star Health Insurance vs Aditya Birla Health Insurance
Picking the right health insurance involves a series of simple yet taxing tasks. One needs to identify their needs and understand what options are available in the market. This comprehensive Star Health Insurance and Aditya Birla Health Insurance comparison guide will take care of the latter.
Since both these companies have established themselves as leaders in customer service and unique plans, it becomes important to understand how they stand against each other.
Star Health Insurance Versus Aditya Birla Health Insurance- Overview
|Parameter||Star Health Insurance||Aditya Birla Health Insurance|
|Number of health insurance plans||10+||10+|
|E-services||Policy purchase, renewal, claim settlement, online doctor consultation, and expert support||Policy purchase, renewal, claim settlement, online consultation and wellness support|
|Number of claims settled||4.9M||6,30,000+|
|Cashless payments & reimbursements||Available||Available|
Source: Star Health Insurance’s official website and Aditya Birla’s official website
Star Health Insurance and Aditya Birla Health Insurance comparison:
Star Health Insurance has established itself as a leader of instant and hassle-free claims. It offers a wide range of plans to pick from and has a strong customer base of close to 5 million people.
Aditya Birla Health Insurance has been extensively focusing on not just offering plain financial medical insurance policies but has also inculcated wellness and health incentives in its plans to promote fitness. The company is up and running in over 250 cities across India.
To understand a Star Health Insurance Versus Aditya Birla comparison, let’s compare a few of the plans:
Personal Health Insurance Plans:
Star Health Insurance offers a plan called the ‘Star Health Gain Insurance Policy.’ The highlights are:
- People between 3 months and 65 years of age stand eligible
- Partial coverage of hospitalization, treatments, ambulance fee, etc. is offered
- Premium options range between Rs 15,000 and Rs 30,000
- A free-look period of 15 days is offered
Aditya Birla has an ‘Activ Health Platinum – Essential Plan.’ Some key features include:
- No minimum age, anyone up to the age of 25 years is eligible
- 30% of the policy premium can be earned back via its Health Returns TM wellness policy
- 10% bonus offered for every claim-free year
- Tenure can range between 1 and 3 years
Critical Illness Insurance Plans:
Star Health Insurance offers exhaustive critical illness cover. Some features include:
- Covers critical illnesses like cancer, brain tumour, major organ transplant, irreversible coma, paraplegia, etc.
- Pays a lump sum amount on diagnosis of critical illness
- Provides coverage for regular hospitalisation expenses
- Includes non-allopathic treatments
- Offers a lifelong renewal option
Aditya Birla has a ‘Critical Illness Health Insurance Policy’ with the following highlights:
- Covers 20, 50, or 65 critical illness depending on which customization one opts for
- A wellness coach can also be added to the plan for increased wellness
- Claim request needs to be made within seven days of diagnosis
- One can avail second e-opinion before purchase
Premium Health Insurance Plans:
Star Insurance offers a ‘Family Health Optima Insurance Plan’ that has the following features:
- Upon complete exhaustion, the sum can be restored automatically thrice
- Multiple premium payment options available: yearly, monthly, quarterly or half-yearly
- Claim free years result in health check-up benefits
- The policy can be renewed anytime before 120 days from the expiry
Aditya Birla has an ‘Activ Assure Diamond Health Insurance’. Features include:
- Provides a comprehensive 568 daycare coverage
- 10% bonus of the sum on every unclaimed year
- International emergency assistance available
- Covers all hospitalization costs, even if the duration is under 24 hours
While having health insurance has become the need of the hour, it is important to take your time before making a choice. Thorough research and analysis can help you save money and get access to a plan that perfectly suits your requirements.
FAQs: Star Health Insurance Vs Aditya Birla Health Insurance Plan
How can I purchase health insurance policies?
Most companies offer multiple ways to do so. You can visit the branch, purchase it telephonically or buy it from their respective websites or even via aggregators.
What is the first step to making a claim?
One must reach out to their insurance provider as soon as possible. The first step is to register the claim request via an email or official phone call. The provider will then process it at their end.
Can one opt for multiple policies?
Yes. There is no upper limit to the number of policies that you can take. Your choice can depend on your needs and consequently, the plan coverage.