Star Health Insurance Vs. Raheja QBE Health Insurance
In India, health insurance was never a priority until COVID-19 emerged and highlighted how crucial it is to invest in good health insurance to tackle health uncertainties like these. One major reason why people do not buy health insurance is that they are confused between so many options and hence, cannot adequately decide which policy would work best for them.
But if you take out some time and read about the different health insurance policies online and compare their features and benefits, it is easy to choose the right insurance plan as per your needs.
Check out some health insurance plans by two leading companies Star Health Insurance and Raheja QBE Health Insurance
Star Health Insurance Vs. Raheja QBE Health Insurance – Overview
|Star Health Insurance||Raheja QBE Health Insurance|
|Number of health insurance plans||10+||10+|
|E-services||Policy purchasePolicy renewalClaim settlementBranch and hospital locatorOnline doctor consultation 24*7 customer support||Policy purchasePolicy renewalClaim settlementBranch and hospital locatorCustomer feedback and support|
|Incurred claims ratio||66%||85%|
|Claim settlement time||90% cashless claims settled within 2 hours||Settlement within 7 days of the claim registration|
|Hospital network in India||10,000+||5000+|
*Source: Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) Annual Report 2019-20, official company website and others.
Health Insurance Policy: Star Health Insurance Vs. Raheja QBE Health Insurance
Founded in 2006, Star Health Insurance is a specialised health insurance provider with caringly crafted plans for your and your family’s needs.
Raheja QBE is a joint venture between Rajan Raheja Group and QBE Insurance. QBE Insurance is Australia’s second-largest global insurer. The amalgamation boasts extensive knowledge and global expertise.
Read about the different policies offered by both Star Health Insurance and Raheja QBE Health Insurance:
Group Personal Accident Policy
Star Health Insurance Group Personal Accident Policy offers:
- 100% of the sum insured (SI) in case of accidental death
- Up to 100% and 75% of the SI for permanent total disability and permanent partial disability
- Rs. 15,000 per week (maximum of 100 weeks) for temporary total disability
- Up to Rs. 50,000 for modification of the policyholder’s home/vehicle
- Up to Rs. 50,000 for transportation of a relative of the insured
- Up to Rs. 20,000 for the transference of imported medicines
- Up to Rs 5,000 for ambulance costs
Raheja QBE Health Insurance Group Personal Accident Policy offers:
- Compensation in case of accidental injury or death of an insured member
- Defined benefits in case of Accidental Death, Permanent Total Disability, Permanent Partial Disability and Temporary Total Disability
- Transportation cost of carriage of the dead body to home including funeral expenses
- Ambulance charges
- Financial support in case of loss of employment due to the accident or permanent total disability.
Cancer Insurance Plans
Both Star Health Insurance and Raheja QBE Health Insurance offer special cancer insurance plans. Read their comparison here:
Star Health Insurance offers the Star Cancer Care Gold policy for persons diagnosed with cancer. Some of its features include:
- Entry age between 5 months and 65 years with Sum Insured Rs 3 lakhs and Rs 5 lakhs.
- Includes expenses like:
- Pre-and post-hospitalisation
- In-hospital expenses
- Specialist fees
- Daycare procedures
- Emergency ambulance
- Medicines, drugs, operation theatre charges, etc.
- Modern treatment
- No pre-acceptance medical check-up
- A lump-sum cover of 50% of Sum Insured in case of recurrence, metastasis, second malignancy unrelated to first cancer
- Regular indemnity health protection against accident and illnesses other than cancer
Raheja QBE Health Insurance provides a specialised cancer insurance cover. Key features include:
- Cover for all stages of cancer
- Entry age between 1 day to 70 years with Sum Insured starting from Rs 1 lakh up to Rs 10 lakh
- A lump-sum benefit of 50% of Sum Insured or Rs 2.5 lakhs, whichever is lesser on acceptance of the claim
- Covers all reasonable and important medical expenses incurred in the diagnosis or medical treatment of cancer
Daily Hospital Cash Policy
Star Health Insurance offers the below benefits in its Daily Hospital Cash Policy:
- Daily cash benefits (DCB) up to Rs 5,000 for a maximum of 180 days of hospitalization
- 150% of the DCB given for hospitalization due to an accident
- 200% of the DCB allotted for hospitalisation in the intensive care unit (ICU)
- Covers 10 daycare procedures
- Convalescence benefits for hospitalisation more than 5 days
- A childbirth cash benefit for a female policyholder
Raheja QBE Health Insurance offers daily cash benefits with the below benefits:
- Daily cash benefit (DCB) in case of hospitalisation due to sickness.
- Twice the DCB is given in case of admission in ICU.
- Twice the DCB is allotted in case of hospitalisation due to an accident.
- Ten times the DCB up to Rs 10,000 for the accidental death of the insured.
- Thrice the DCP up to Rs 5,000 for daycare procedure cash.
- Three times of DCB up to Rs. 10,000 as convalescence benefits for the number of days not exceeding 10 consecutive days of hospitalisation.
- Ten times of DCB up to Rs. 25,000 as an international emergency benefit.