Royal Sundaram Health Insurance vs Edelweiss Health Insurance
With the onset of COVID-19, and the explosion in lifestyle diseases, the importance of health-based insurance coverage has come to light. Health insurance provides financial protection to you and your loved ones in case of medical emergencies. To find a health insurance policy that matches your needs and is also value-for-money, you need to compare the policies available online. You can start by comparing the policies offered by leading providers like Royal Sundaram Health Insurance and Edelweiss Health Insurance.
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance versus Edelweiss Health Insurance – Overview
|Parameter||Royal Sundaram Health Insurance||Edelweiss Health Insurance|
|Number of health insurance plans||7||6|
|E-services||Policy salePolicy renewalClaim settlementOnline consultationBranch locator 24×7 customer care||Policy salePolicy renewalClaim settlementOnline consultationBranch locator24x7 customer support|
|Claim settlement ratio||85%||79.82%|
|Claim settlement time||Within 3 hours||Within 72 hours|
*Source: IRDAI Annual Report 2018-19
Health Insurance Policies: Royal Sundaram Health Insurance versus Edelweiss Health Insurance
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance offers 7 health insurance policies on individual and family floater basis. Their policies provide coverage against accidents, critical illnesses, COVID-19, and other health ailments. They also cover maternity and newborn baby needs.
Edelweiss Health Insurance offers 6 health insurance policies on an individual and family floater basis. Their policies provide coverage against accidents, critical illnesses, and COVID-19, and other health issues. They also provide maternity benefits.
Below is a comparison of the three most availed health policies of Royal Sundaram Health Insurance and Edelweiss Health Insurance.
Individual and Family Floater Policies:
Royal Sundaram offers two individual and family-centric policies:
- Lifeline (with 3 sub-policies – Lifeline Classic, Lifeline Supreme, and Lifeline Elite)
- Family Plus that provides coverage for up to 5 family generations and 19 familial relations
These policies offer:
- A sum insured (SI) amount up to Rs.1,50,00,000 (1.50 crore)
- Coverage for in-patient hospital care and domiciliary hospitalization
- Coverage for pre and post hospitalization expenses
- Coverage for all day-care procedures, organ donor expenses, and alternate (AYUSH)# treatment
- A cover for vaccination owing to animal bite (Up to Rs.7,500 only)
- A maternity cover (for 2 deliveries)
- A newborn baby cover (only in Lifeline Elite and Family Plus Plan)
- Health and wellness services
- Cover for ambulance services (up to Rs.4,000 per hospitalization)
- 2nd medical opinion for up to 22 critical illnesses
- Emergency domestic evacuation cover (up to Rs.1,00,000)
# – AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha, Homeopathy)
Edelweiss Health Insurance offers 3 individual and family floater plans – Silver Plan, Gold Plan and Platinum Plan. They offer:
- A sum insured (SI) up to Rs.1,00,00,000 (1 crore)
- Coverage for in-patient hospitalization expenses and domiciliary hospitalization (up to the SI)
- Coverage for pre and post hospitalization expenses and ambulance services
- Coverage for critical ailments, day-care procedures, AYUSH treatment and organ donor expenses
- A maternity benefit in the Gold and Platinum Plan (after a waiting period of 4 years)
- Health check-up every claim-free year
- Emergency evacuation benefit and second medical opinion
Arogya Sanjeevani Policy:
Arogya Sanjeevani Policies are standard health insurance policies that provide affordable health care on a plain vanilla, no-frills basis. They are offered by all insurance companies across India in line the IRDAIs mandatory directive aiming to make standard and hassle-free health care available to all.
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance and Edelweiss Health Insurance Arogya Sanjeevani Policies offer:
- A sum insured (SI) amount ranging between Rs.1,00,00 and Rs.5,00,000
- Cover for pre, post and in-hospitalization charges
- 25% coverage for cataract treatment
- Cover for modern technology treatments
- Cover for alternate (AYUSH) treatment
COVID-19 Insurance Policy:
Royal Sundaram offers Corona Kavach and COVID Secure insurance policies.
Both, Royal Sundaram and Edelweiss Health Insurance’s Corona Kavach Policy provide:
- Reimbursement of pre, post and in-patient hospitalization expenses
- Reimbursement of expenses incurred for AYUSH treatment
- Coverage for homecare treatment
Royal Sundaram COVID Secure Policy provides:
- Two options to choose SI amount – Rs.25,000/ Rs.50,000
- Reimbursement of SI in lump-sum subject to a positive diagnosis of COVID-19 and in-patient hospital treatment or home care treatment
Edelweiss Health Insurance Corona Rakshak Policy provides:
- 100% lump-sum pay out of SI upon positive diagnosis of COVID-19
Before buying an insurance policy, read the policy wordings in entirety to understand its scope of coverage, limitations, and exclusions.