Royal Sundaram Health Insurance vs Care (Religare) Health Insurance
A health crisis doesn’t knock before hitting you or your loved ones. It normally hits when you are unprepared. Therefore, preparing you in advance to face such emergencies is crucial. Buying a health insurance plan reduces the financial burden of the treatment. But with so many health care packages available, selecting the right plan is normally a tough task. Here’s a Royal Sundaram Health Insurance and Care Health Insurance comparison to give you an idea about the features of these popular health policies.
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance and Care Health Insurance – Overview
|Parameter||Royal Sundaram Insurance||Care Health Insurance|
|Number of health insurance plans||7||13|
24×7 customer care
24×7 customer support
|Claim settlement ratio||85%||93%|
|Claim settlement time||Cashless claim approval within 3 hours||Cashless claim approval within 2 hours|
*Source: Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) Annual Report 2018-19
Health Insurance Policies: Royal Sundaram Health Insurance and Care Health Insurance
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance has four health plans covering individual and family needs.
Care Health Insurance has 13 health plans in total. These plans cater to individual and family (including senior-citizen and maternity) needs. It also covers critical ailments, including cancer, diabetes and heart disease; as also COVID-19.
Here is a 3-plan comparison of Royal Sundaram Health Insurance and Care Health Insurance. Choose the one that covers all your health needs.
Individual and Family Health Insurance
Royal Sundaram’s ‘Lifeline’ and ‘Family Plus’ Health Insurance Plans provide extensive coverage. Lifeline comes in 3 sub-types – Elite, Supreme and Classic – and is known for its high range of sum assured options. Family Plus covers the needs of large families (up to 19 different relations) at a very affordable premium cost.
Lifeline offers –
- Sum assured up to Rs.1.50 crores
- Inclusion of pre, post and in-hospitalization expenses
- 20% to 100% of the sum assured on a claim-free year
- Cover for over 200 daycare procedures, AYUSH treatment and domiciliary hospitalization
Family Plus offers –
- Separate individual (up to Rs.15 lakhs) and family floater (up to Rs.50 lakhs) sum assured amounts
- Cover for pre, post and in-hospitalization charges, AYUSH treatment and domiciliary hospitalization
- Reimbursement of daycare procedures, maternity expenses
- Waiver of upper-age limit for buying the policy
Care Health Insurance plans cover–
- Pre, post and in-patient hospitalisation
- Day-care procedures, alternative and modern treatment
- Maternity, pre and post-natal care
It also offers removal of upper-age limit for enrolment.
Personal Accident Health Insurance
Royal Sundaram’s Personal Accident Insurance Policy offers global coverage and features:
- Payment of full sum assured (up to Rs.75 lakhs) to the family in case of the policyholder’s demise /permanent total disability
- Payment of a specified percentage of the sum assured to the family in case of permanent partial disablement
- Weekly monetary benefit for up to 104 weeks in case of temporary disablement
- Issuance of policy without a medical test
Care Health Insurance’s Personal Accident Insurance Policy ‘Secure’ offers:
- A full lump-sum payout to policyholder’s family in case of any unforeseen event
- 50%-100% of the sum assured on the policyholder’s permanent total disablement
- A defined percentage of sum assured on permanent partial disablement, fractures, and burns
- Daily cash benefit up to Rs.20,000 in case of temporary total disablement
- Coverage for reconstructive surgery is also offered
- Child education expenses during such periods
COVID-19 Health Insurance
The onset of COVID-19 has underscored the need for quality and affordable health care. For this reason, the Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India has directed all insurance companies to provide coverage against this disease.
Royal Sundaram offers the ‘COVID Secure’ plan and Care Health Insurance offers COVID-19 coverage in almost all of its plans. It also has a separate Corona Kavach policy.
Both Royal Sundaram Health Insurance and Care Health Insurance provide similar benefits against COVID-19. Some of the common features include:
- A Lump-sum payout on positive diagnoses
- Reimbursement for pre, post and in-hospitalization expenses
- Cover for home quarantine expenses
- Cashless hospitalization
Evaluate different health insurance plans and buy one based on your needs and financial capacity. You can also reach out to professional insurance experts before you decide on buying a health insurance plan.