Max Bupa Health Insurance vs HDFC ERGO Health Insurance
Finding a good health insurance plan in India can be a daunting task. Not because there is a dearth of reliable policies; but because there is an abundance of leading players offering competitive health insurance. If you are confused about your cover, you can compare Max Bupa and HDFC ERGO, and select the one that best suits your needs.
Max Bupa VS HDFC ERGO – Overview
|Parameter||Star Health Insurance||HDFC ERGO|
|Number of health insurance plans||11||6|
|E-services||Policy purchase, renewal, claim settlement and online consultation||Policy purchase, renewal, claim settlement and online consultation|
|Incurred claims ratio||53%||62%|
|Claim settlement time||90% cashless claims settled within 2 hours||20 mins for cashless claim settlement|
|Hospital network||More than 9,900||More than 10,000|
Health Insurance Policy: Max Bupa VS HDFC ERGO
Max Bupa was founded in 2008 and is a respected name in the insurance sector; not only in India but also globally. The company has specialised health care policies including individual, family, wellness, critical care, COVID-19 plans, etc.
HDFC ERGO was formed in 2002 and offers an exhaustive range of plans including individual, family, senior citizens, critical illness, COVID-19 plan, etc. It is a part of the HDFC Group.
Compare Max Bupa and HDFC ERGO health policies on different parameters and take your pick.
Individual and Family Health Insurance Plans
Max Bupa offers health insurance plans to secure you and your family. Important features include:
- Offers various health insurance plans, HEALTH COMPANION, GOACTIVE, HEALTH PREMIA, SUPER SAVER; each with a different coverage
- Includes standard expenses like pre-and post-hospitalisation, alternate treatment, day-care treatment, in-patient care, organ donor transplant, emergency ambulance, health check-ups, maternity and newborn care, etc.
- Covers enhanced benefits like a daily health coach, second opinion costs, OPD consultation, home healthcare services, mental disorder treatment, international coverage, etc. in the advanced family plans
- Offers assured policy renewal. Specific policies have a co-payment feature
- Provides extended plans for larger families
HDFC ERGO provides a comprehensive and affordable health insurance policy for you and your family. Key features include:
- Available for people aged 18 years and above
- Includes expenses like pre-and post-hospitalisation, in-hospital, day-care procedures, AYUSH treatment, cashless home healthcare, health check-ups, etc.
- Covers psychological healthcare expenses
- Permits healthy individuals up to 45 years of age to buy a policy without any medical test
- Offers financial support in case of continuous hospitalisation of 10 or more days at a stretch
- Provides lifetime renewability
Critical Illness Insurance Plans
Max Bupa offers a CritiCare plan that aims to protect you and your family. Some features include:
- Covers 20 major critical illnesses like cancer, paralysis, multiple sclerosis, loss of speech, major organ transplant, etc.
- Provides a cover-up to Rs. 2 crores for two adults
- Refunds amount on cancellation within 15 days of purchase
- Offers discounts on plans with a duration of two-three years
- Offers daily cash allowance to family members
- Provides direct claim settlement. No third-party involved
- Offers a lifelong renewal option
HDFC ERGO offers critical illness insurance with the following features:
- Offers two plans; silver and platinum, with different benefits
- Covers 15 critical illnesses like cancer, stroke, multiple sclerosis, paralysis, kidney failure, Parkinson’s disease, etc. in the platinum plan. The silver plan includes eight critical illnesses
- Offers lump sum compensation
- Covers hospital bills
- Offers lifetime renewability
COVID-19 Insurance Plans
Both Max Bupa and HDFC ERGO offer COVID-19 specific plans called CORONA KAVACH. The two providers conform to the standard features, as specified by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI). When you compare Max Bupa and HDFC ERGO CORONA KAVACH plans, you will find that both companies offer similar features but could be differentiated based on any add-on offers and goodwill.
Some key features of CORONA KAVACH are:
- Available for everyone aged between 18 and 65 years
- Covers expenses related to hospitalization, pre-and post-hospitalization, home care treatment, and AYUSH treatment of a COVID-19 positive person
- Provides road ambulance cover
- Offers cashless treatment across the provider’s hospital network
This in-depth comparison of both insurance providers will help you choose a policy that adequately takes care of your healthcare needs. In case of doubts, you can seek guidance to buy health insurance plans online.
FAQs: Max Bupa vs HDFC Ergo Health Insurance Plan Comparision
Can I pay my health insurance premiums in instalments?
Usually, people pay a yearly premium on health insurance. However, many providers also allow you to make monthly, quarterly or half-yearly payments. It is more important to ensure that you don’t leave health plan premiums outstanding.
How to select the ideal health insurance plan?
When purchasing a health plan, evaluate the policy on these parameters:
1. Easy payout mechanism
2. Shorter and hassle-free claim process
3. Adequate cover
4. High claim-settlement ratio
5. Shorter waiting period
6. Pre-and post-hospitalization benefit
7. Riders and additional advantages
What documents do I need for a health cover?
You should have the following documents to purchase a health insurance plan:
1. Age proof
2. Identity proof
3. Address proof
4. Passport size photograph
You might also require to undergo a medical check-up.