Manipal Signa Health Insurance vs Kotak General Health Insurance
A comprehensive health insurance plan is the best defence you can have against health worries. It provides the necessary financial cushion you need in such situations and lets you focus on regaining your health. To find a health insurance plan suited to your needs and budget, a little comparative study on the internet is essential. Both Manipal Cigna Health Insurance and Kotak Health Care Insurance are leading and trusted insurance providers. Here’s a look at their most popular health plans.
Manipal Cigna Health Insurance versus Kotak Health Care Insurance – Overview
|Parameter||Manipal Cigna Health Insurance||Kotak Health Care |
|Number of health insurance plans||11||8|
24×7 customer support
24×7 customer support
|Claim settlement ratio||89.50%||97.40%|
|Claim settlement time||Cashless claim settlement within 2 hours||Claim settlement at the time of discharge|
Source: IRDAI Annual Report, 2018-19.
Health Insurance Plans: Manipal Cigna Health Insurance versus Kotak Health Care Insurance
Manipal Cigna Health Insurance has 11 health insurance policies for the needs of individuals, families, senior citizens, and corporate groups (employer-employee). They provide coverage against critical ailments, accidents, and COVID-19, among other health eventualities.
Kotak Health Care Insurance offers 8 health insurance policies available on an individual and family floater basis. They cover critical ailments, accidents, COVID-19, and other health conditions.
Here’s a 3-plan comparison of Manipal Cigna Health Insurance and Kotak Health Care Insurance. You can pick the one that best suits your needs.
Family Floater Insurance Plan:
Manipal Cigna has 6 family-centric health plans, offering the following benefits:
- Sum insured (SI) amount up to Rs.1 crore
- Reimbursement for pre, post and in-hospitalization
- Indemnification for domiciliary hospitalization
- Coverage for 540+ day-care treatments and alternate (AYUSH) treatment
- Maternity and newborn baby cover
Kotak Health Care has 3 family-floater plans – Kotak Health Care Excel, Kotak Health Care Premium, and Kotak Health Care Prime. They offer:
- SI amounts up to Rs.1 crore
- Reimbursement for pre, post and in-patient hospitalization
- Indemnification for 150+ day-care procedures and organ donor expenses
- Option to add a critical illness cover and maternity and newborn cover
- Emergency ambulance services
Critical Illness Insurance Plan:
Manipal Cigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care plan features:
- SI amounts up to Rs.25 crores
- Cover for 30+ critical illnesses including cancer, stroke, kidney failure, etc.
- Lump-sum or staggered payout options upon diagnoses of critical illness
- Global coverage, wellness programs and discounts
Kotak Health Care Critical Illness Plan – Kotak Secure Shield offers:
- Coverage against 18 critical ailments
- Lump-sum payout of full SIamount upon diagnosis
- Tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961
- Lifelong renewability option
Personal Accident Insurance Plan:
Manipal Cigna Personal Accident Insurance Plan has 3 sub-plans (Basic, Enhanced and Comprehensive) that offer:
- SI amounts up to Rs.10 crores
- Lump-sum payout of the entire SI in case of accidental death or permanent total disability
- Up to 100% lump-sum payout of the SI in the event of permanent partial disability
- 10%-100% SI for different degrees of burns
- Payment of 100% SI to dependent children in case of both parents’ death
- 3 months’ compensation in case of job loss
- 10% SI paid towards a child education benefit
Kotak Health Care personal accident policy – Kotak Accident Care provides:
- A lump-sum payout in the event of death, permanent total/partial disability and temporary total disability
- Provision of daily hospital cash allowance and convalescence benefit of Rs.10,000 per day
- Child education grants for dependent children up to the age of 25 years
- Monetary lifestyle support post-hospitalization
- Coverage for ambulance charges and funeral expenses
The cost-effective way to buy health insurance is to assess your health needs and budget before buying. Then you should find the plan matching both requirements. You can reach out to professional insurance experts prior to purchasing health insurance.