Manipal Cigna Health Insurance vs Universal Sompo Health Insurance
Getting a health insurance plan is very convenient these days. With a little research on the internet you can find a health plan suitable for your financial needs and health requirements; within your paying capacity. You can compare the plans offered by different insurance companies and find the one offering the best terms. Here’s a comparison of Manipal Cigna Health Insurance vs Universal Sompo Health Insurance to get you started.
Manipal Cigna Health Insurance and Universal Sompo Health Insurance – Overview
|Parameter||Manipal Cigna Health Insurance||Universal Sompo Health Insurance|
|Number of health insurance plans||12||20+|
|E-services||Policy sale, policy renewal, claim settlement, Branch locator, Online consultation, 24×7 customer support||Policy sale, Policy renewal, Claim settlement, Online consultation, 24×7 customer service|
|Claim settlement ratio||97%||90+%|
|Claim settlement time||Cashless claim processing within 2 hours||Cashless claim approval within 72 hours|
Source: Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) Annual Report 2018-19
Review: Manipal Cigna Health Insurance versus Universal Sompo Health Insurance
Manipal Cigna Health Insurance offers 12 health care policies. These plans cover individual, multi-individual, family and employer-employee needs. Coverage for critical illnesses, COVID-19, lifestyle protection and overseas travel is provided among others.
Universal Sompo Health Insurance has over 20 health care plans that cover individual, family, senior citizen and group needs. Extensive coverage for critical illnesses, personal accidents (for individuals and employees of a firm, company, club or association) and COVID-19, etc is provided.
Manipal Cigna Health Insurance as well as Universal Sompo Health Insurance are reputed insurance providers with loyal customer trust built over the years. Here’s a comparison of three of their most popular health plans.
Individual and Family Health Plans:
All Manipal Cigna Health Insurance plans cover individual, family and multi-individual needs. The Pro Health plans and the Super Top-up Plan offer maximum benefit to policyholders. Key offerings include:
- Cover for pre, post and in-patient hospitalization charges
- Option to avail of a high sum assured (up to Rs. 1 crore) at low premium rates
- Worldwide service in case of illness/ injury contracted overseas
- Inclusion of expenses for day-care procedures and AYUSH treatment
Universal Sompo Health Insurance offers several health plans that cover individual and family needs. Its Complete HealthCare Insurance Plan and Super Healthcare Insurance Plan especially provide extensive coverage. The key benefits offered are:
- High sum assured (up to Rs.1 crore)
- Cover for hospitalization expenses, home treatment and AYUSH treatment charges
- Waiver of pre-policy medical test for individuals up to the age of 65
- Provision for maternity benefits, organ donor transplant cover and dental treatments (if caused by accident)
Critical Illness Health Plans:
Manipal Cigna Health Insurance offers a Lifestyle Protection Critical Care plan that provides protection against 30 critical ailments. It has two sub-plans, Critical Care Basic and Critical Care Enhanced. The plans offer:
- Sum assured up to Rs.25crore at low premium rates
- Lump-sum payout or staggered payout options
- Access to wellness programs, option to seek a second medical opinion as well as attractive discounts
Universal Sompo Health Insurance:
Its Critical Illness Health Plan provides comprehensive coverage against 11 major critical illnesses. The main highlights of this policy are:
- Coverage for expenses for surgical procedures
- Full payment of sum assured upon diagnosis
- Cover for 50% expenses incurred for pre-policy medical tests
- Renewal discounts on long-term policies
Arogya Sanjeevani Health Plans:
As per the mandate of the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI), every insurance company has to provide affordable healthcare through an Arogya Sanjeevani policy. The main aim of this program is to provide standard health coverage at low premium rates. Both Manipal Cigna Health Insurance and Universal Sompo Health Insurance offer Arogya Sanjeevani policies, ensuring that quality health care is available to all.
Manipal Cigna’s Arogya Sanjeevani Policy offers:
- Sum assured up to Rs.5lakh
- Cover for allopathic and AYUSH treatment
- Inclusion of advanced and daycare treatments
- Reimbursement for pre, post and in-patient hospitalization
Universal Sompo Arogya Sanjeevani Policy offers:
- Sum assured value between Rs. 1 lakh and Rs. 5 lakhs
- Cover for pre, post and in-patient hospitalization
- Inclusion of AYUSH treatment, advanced treatments
- Reimbursement for daycare treatment and ambulance expenses
This Manipal Cigna Health Insurance versus Universal Sompo Health Insurance guide highlights the comparative features of both providers to ease your purchasing decision. For further guidance, reach out to a professional insurance expert and pick the best health insurance.