Kotak General Health Insurance vs Star Health Insurance
Given the hectic lifestyle and harmful environmental risks today, availing a health insurance policy to secure yourself and your loved ones is crucial. Pandemics like COVID only underline the urgent need for such health covers. Choosing a health insurance policy, especially online, can be confusing due to the vast number of providers in the market. Comparing different policies before buying one that meets your healthcare needs is essential.
Here’s a brief Kotak Health Insurance and Star Health Insurance Comparison guide for getting you started.
Kotak Health Insurance and Star Health Insurance Comparison – Overview
|Parameter||Kotak Health Insurance||Star Health Insurance|
|Number of health insurance plans||9||11|
|E-services||Policy purchase, renewal, claim settlement, online consultation, 24×7 customer care||Policy purchase, renewal, claim settlement, online doctor consultation, 24×7 customer care.|
|Claim settlement ratio||97.40%||90%|
|Claim settlement time||Cashless claims settlement at the time of discharge. Subject to 24-hour intimation in case of emergency hospitalization and 48-hour intimation in case of planned hospitalization||Cashless claims settlement within 2 hours|
*Source: Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) Annual Report 2018-19.
Health Insurance Policy: Kotak Health Insurance Versus Star Health Insurance
Kotak Health Insurance offers 9 healthcare plans that cover individual and family health needs. From covering personal accidents and critical illnesses to offering plans that give a high sum assured at affordable premium rates; Kotak Health Insurance plans provide comprehensive coverage to their policyholders.
Star Health Insurance offers 11 health insurance plans that cover individual, family, and senior citizen needs. The coverage includes critical illnesses, COVID-19, and several other ailments.
On a Kotak Health Insurance and Star Health Insurance comparison, it becomes easy to select a health insurance policy that suits your unique needs.
Individual and Family Health Insurance Plans:
Kotak Health Insurance offers a Kotak Health Care policy that covers individual and family hospitalization expenses. It also covers individual and family needs in the rest of its health plans. Key features include:
- Provides 3 sub plans – Excel, Premium and Prime – that offer different sum assured
- Covers pre, post and in-patient hospitalization expenses
- Covers charges for over 150 day care treatment procedures
- Offers one free health check-up every year
- Provides emergency ambulance services
Star Health Insurance offers individual and family floater plans that cover your and your entire family’s needs. Key offerings include:
- Covers in-patient, pre-and post-hospitalization expenses
- Covers maternity and newborn expenses
- Covers expenses for daycare procedures, organ donor transplants and AYUSH treatment
- Covers expenses incurred for accidental and permanent total disablement
- Provides cover for ambulance services and second medical consultations
Critical Illness Health Insurance Plans:
Kotak Health Insurance offers Kotak Secure Shield – a health plan that provides coverage against 18 critical illnesses. Major benefits offered:
- Covers hospitalization expenses for illnesses like cancer, benign brain tumour, liver disease, etc.
- Offers a personal family benefit assuring financial stability of family in case of policyholder’s death due to accident/ permanent disability
- Offers a child education benefit that covers your child’s education
- Gives a loss of job benefit that provides financial support in case one is left unemployed due to accident/illness
Star Health Insurance has a critical illness policy called ‘Star Criticare’. This policy covers 9 critical illnesses. Key highlights include:
- Covers 9 critical illnesses including cancer, kidney disease, major organ transplant etc.
- Compensates for regular hospitalization costs
- Provides coverage for alternate treatments authorized under AYUSH
- Offers lump sum payout, cashless hospitalization benefit and lifelong renewability
COVID-19 Health Insurance Plans:
COVID-19 caused massive social, economic and health disruption. This led the Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India to take action. It then passed a mandatory directive to all insurance companies to provide quality and affordable cover against the deadly disease.
Both Kotak Health Insurance and Star Health Insurance offer health plans – the Corona Kavach and Corona Rakshak – that provide coverage against COVID-19. On comparing Kotak Health Insurance versus Star Health Insurance, you can see that both companies provide similar coverage. These include:
- Cover for pre, post and in-hospitalization expenses
- Lump-sum payment on positive diagnosis
- Cashless hospitalization
- High range of sum assured
- Policy term up to 1 year only
Buy a health insurance policy based on your healthcare needs. In case you need further help in picking the right policy, you can reach out to professional insurance experts.
FAQs: Kotak Health Insurance Vs Star Health Insurance Plan
Is it mandatory to have a health insurance policy in India?
In India, it is not mandatory to have a health insurance policy. But it is advisable to avail one, as it reduces the financial cost of healthcare.
How can I buy a health insurance policy?
You can buy a health insurance policy either:
1. Online – Visit the company’s website and enter the details requested
2. Offline – Visit the nearest branch of the company and submit the documents requested
How many claims can I file during the term of my health insurance policy?
There is no limit to the number of health claims you can make during the validity of your insurance policy. But you cannot make a claim exceeding the value of the sum assured under the policy.