Edelweiss Health Insurance vs Care (Religare) Health Insurance
Health risks and uncertainties have become commonplace today. Simultaneously, the financial stress caused by these situations has increased rapidly. Also, given the growing cost of healthcare services in India, it has become critical to protect yourself and your family through a comprehensive insurance cover. But with so many insurance companies, finding the right plan can be a slightly daunting task.
So, here is a comparison of Edelweiss Health Insurance and Care Health Insurance to help you find a suitable policy.
Edelweiss Health Insurance versus Care Health Insurance – Overview
|Parameter||Edelweiss Insurance||Care Insurance|
|Number of health insurance plans||6||6|
|E-services||Policy purchase, renewal and claim settlement||Insurance purchase, renewal, claim settlement and live chat|
|Incurred claims ratio||115%||55%|
|Claim settlement time||Adequately fast||2 hours for cashless claims approval|
|Hospital network||More than 3,200||More than 7,800|
*Source: Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) Annual Report 2018-19
Edelweiss Health Insurance versus Care Health Insurance
Edelweiss General Insurance Company is a part of the Edelweiss Group, floated by Rashesh Shah and based out of Mumbai. It is the latest entrant in the insurance sector and offers simple health plans like silver, gold and platinum. The firm also has COVID-19 policies and the Arogya Sanjeevani cover.
Formerly known as Religare Health Insurance, Care Health Insurance provides reasonable health plans including individual, family, AYUSH cover, senior citizens, personal accident, COVID-19, etc.
Read the detailed comparison between Edelweiss Health Insurance and Care Health Insurance:
Individual and Family Health Insurance Plans
Edelweiss has three different categories of plans to cover you and your family. Key features include:
- Available for anyone above three months of age
- Offers protection for eight people under the same policy. These include self, spouse, up to three children and any other relation in whom you have an insurable interest
- Provides diverse plans like silver, gold and platinum to cover various medical needs
- Includes expenses like hospitalisation, pre-and post-hospitalisation, day-care treatment, ambulance, AYUSH treatment, free-health check-ups, etc across all plans
- Allows advance assistances for maternity, critical ailments, organ donor etc. in the gold and platinum policies
- Offers medical referral, evacuation, second medical opinion, the return of mortal remains, medical monitoring, etc in all three plans
- Offers 24*7 dedicated claim support
Care Insurance provides a comprehensive plan to financially safeguard you and your family against medical uncertainties. Some important features include:
- Available for anyone older than 91 days of age
- Covers costs like annual health check-ups, emergency ambulance, in-patient hospitalisation, pre-and post-hospitalisation, day-care procedures, ICU charges, etc.
- Includes modern treatments like robotic surgery, treatment for HIV and others
- Offers up to 150% No Claim Bonus
- Provides lifelong renewability facility
- Extends 24*7 dedicated claim support
Arogya Sanjeevani Policy
Arogya Sanjeevani Policy is the standard health insurance plan designed specifically by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI). The health cover offers standard coverage and includes similar policy wordings across insurance companies. The plan also allows seamless portability from one company to another.
Both Edelweiss Health Insurance and Care Health Insurance provide the Arogya Sanjeevani Policy.
Key features include:
- Available for anyone between 18 and 65 years of age
- Allows a minimum sum assured of Rs. 1 lakh and a maximum sum assured of Rs. 5 lakhs (in multiples of 50,000)
- Offers protection for self, spouse, parents, parents-in-law and dependent children between the age of three months and 25 years
- Covers expenses incurred on surgeries, consultancies, diagnostics, AYUSH treatments, pre-and post-hospitalisation, plastic surgeries, day-care, COVID-19, dental treatments, road ambulance, etc.
- Maintains consistent plan premiums across the country
- Allows the facility for life-long renewability
The above analysis of Edelweiss and Care Health Insurance should be helpful for you in selecting the insurance plan you want to buy. It is advisable to always assess your healthcare needs and then prudently choose a policy after reading all the policy terms. In case of any confusion, you can get expert advice from professional insurance agents prior to buying health insurance.