Cigna TTK Health Insurance vs Star Health Insurance
India is one of the fastest-growing nations in the world. But it is also vulnerable to many diseases and ailments and has a fairly vulnerable population; both genetically and environmentally. Further, the medical costs in India can create a huge burden on your pocket. Even if you are covered under the employer’s health benefits, there are multiple health challenges that are not included in these policies. Thus, the need for a private insurance cover is indisputable, irrespective of your age.
Read the in-depth Cigna TTK and Star Health Insurance comparison to find the ideal plan.
Cigna TTK vs Star Health Insurance – Overview
|Parameter||Cigna TTK||Star Health Insurance|
|Number of health insurance plans||11||11|
|E-services||Policy purchase, renewal, claim settlement, wellness counselling and expert consultation||Policy purchase, renewal, claim settlement, online doctor consultation and expert support|
|Incurred claims ratio||62%||63%|
|Claim settlement time||97% cashless approval settled within 2 hours||90% cashless claims settled within 2 hours|
|Claims serviced since inception||4.1 lacs||49 lacs|
|Hospital network in India||More than 6,500||More than 9,900|
*Source: Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) Annual Report 2018-19
Health Insurance Policy: Cigna TTK versus. Star Health Insurance
Cigna TTK is now known as Manipal Cigna. Founded in 2014, Manipal Cigna offers a full suite of health insurance plans including individual, family, group, major illnesses, travel and global care, personal accident, etc.
Established in 2006, Star Health Insurance is a reputed stand-alone health insurer. The company offers a variety of carefully-crafted health insurance policies. It offers 11 insurance policies including individual, family, critical illness, diabetes, COVID-19 plans, etc.
Check the detailed plan-based Cigna TTK and Star Health Insurance comparison:
Individual and Family Plans
Cigna TTK offers a different class of individual and family health insurance plans. Important features of the health plans include:
- Provides various health plans including ProHealth Plus, ProHealth Premier, ProHealth Preferred, ProHealth Accumulate and ProHealth Protect
- Includes different covers for each plan. Basic benefits comprise out-patient expenses, medical check-up, wellness programs; maternity, new-born and vaccination cover etc.
- Provides advanced coverage for Critical illness, recovery expenses, ICU charges, disability support, etc. in the family health policy
- Allows daily cash support
- Offers worldwide protection
- Accredits healthy reward points redeemable as a discount on premium payable
- Gives discounts for covering two or more family members in the same policy
- Offers cumulative bonus booster up to 200% to protect against inflation
Star Health Insurance has comprehensive insurance plans for you and your family. Key features include:
- Available for people between 18 and 65 years of age
- Protects self, spouse, as well as three dependent children between the ages of three months and 25 years
- Includes, medical expenses like pre-and post-hospitalisation, delivery and new-born, organ donation, health check-ups, AYUSH treatment and others
- Offers accidental and permanent total disablement benefit
- Covers supplementary expenses such as air ambulance and second medical opinion
- Allows 100% automatic renewal of the sum insured, subject to specific terms and conditions
Critical Illness Plans
Cigna TTK offers a special Critical illness policy known as Lifestyle Protection (Critical care). Important features include:
- Offers two different plans, Critical Care Basic and Critical Care Enhanced, each with varied benefits
- Includes 15 or 30 critical ailments and procedures as per plan
- Allows access to wellness programmes
- Provides flexible payout options
- Covers, cancer, open chest CABG, COMA, open heart replacement, kidney failure, bone marrow transplant etc in the normal plan. Has coverage for major burns, Alzheimer’s disease, benign brain tumour etc. in the advanced policy
- Offers full payment of the sum insured on the first diagnosis
Star Health Insurance has a separate Critical illness plan known as Star Criticare Plus. Key features include:
- Covers nine specific critical ailments such as cancer, chronic kidney disease, brain surgery, major organ transplant, etc.
- Offers lump sum payment on diagnosis of a listed critical illness
- Reimburses regular hospitalisation costs and ambulance costs
- Covers non-allopathic treatment
- Allows lifelong policy renewal
Arogya Sanjeevani Policy
Cigna TTK and Star Health Insurance offer the standard health insurance plan designed by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI). The insurance cover is called the Arogya Sanjeevani Policy.
The plan was launched by the IRDAI in April 2020 and aims to expand the penetration of insurance in India. The plan has affordable premiums and standard terms with common policy wordings across all insurance companies.
Key features of the plan include:
- Available for anyone between 18 years and 65 years of age
- Offers a minimum sum assured of Rs. 1 lakh and a maximum sum assured of Rs. 5 lakhs (in multiple of 50,000)
- Includes benefits like expenses on surgery, consultancies, diagnostics, specialist fees, AYUSH treatment, pre-and post-hospitalization, COVID-19, dental treatment, plastic surgery, all-day-care, road ambulance, etc.
- Protects self, spouse, parents, parents-in-law and dependent kids between the age of three months and 25 years
- Maintains uniform policy premiums across India
- Permits renewability for life
To find the best plan, you can seek advice from professional insurance experts and make an informed choice prior to purchasing health insurance.