Care (Religare) Health Insurance vs Max Bupa Health Insurance
In these times of rising uncertainty, it is crucial to protect yourself and your loved ones against any health risks. For this reason, health insurance is a must. Given the numerous competing health insurance plans provided by companies, choosing a suitable one can be confusing and time-consuming. So, here’s a detailed comparison of two leading providers – Religare Health Insurance versus Max Bupa to help you get started in a more informed manner.
Religare Health Insurance versus Max Bupa – Overview
|Parameter||Religare Health Insurance||Max Bupa|
|Number of health insurance plans||13+||10+|
|E-services||Policy purchase, policy renewal, claim settlement, hospital empanelment, branch and network locator, online consultation and assistive chat services||Policy purchase, renewal, claim settlement, online consultation and assistive chat services|
|Incurred claims ratio||55%||54%|
|Claim settlement ratio||93%||?|
|Claim settlement time||2 hours cashless claim approval||30 minutes for cashless claim processing|
|Hospital network||More than 7,800||More than 4,500|
|Customer base||More than?||More than 2.9 crore|
Source: Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) Annual Report 2018-19
Health Insurance Policy: Religare Health Insurance versus Max Bupa
Religare Health Insurance was founded in the year 2012. In 8 years, it has managed to earn customer loyalty with its wide range of plans. Popular healthcare plans include plans for individual, family, senior citizens, critical illnesses, personal accidents and COVID-19 coverage, among others.
Established in the year 2008, Max Bupa is a well-known provider of health insurance in India and has a plethora of policies on offer for various insurance needs. The company offers all-rounder health care policies that cover individual, family, critical illness care, and a range of hospitalisation needs.
Here’s a Religare Health Insurance and Max Bupa comparison guide that highlights the key offerings of their three popular plans:
Individual and Family Health Insurance Plans
Religare Health Insurance individual and family health insurance plans offer a range of premium features and benefits:
- Offers popular health insurance plans such as Care, Joy, Care freedom and Care heart plans, among others
- Covers charges for pre, post and in-patient hospitalisation services, day-care procedures, special robotic surgeries, annual health checkups, alternative treatment and emergency ambulance services
- Provides additional cover for maternity needs, pre and post-natal care, pre-existing illnesses, medical needs of new-borns and even international care
- No upper age limit for availing insurance and life-time renewability
Max Bupa offers health insurance plans to secure you and your family. Noteworthy features include:
- Offers various health insurance plans such as Health Companion, Goactive, Health Premia, Criticare, Heartbeat, Super Saver, etc. that provide specialized coverage for different needs
- Has a high sum assured value with affordable yearly premiums
- Covers standard expenses for pre-and post-hospitalization charges, all-day care and alternative treatment, in-patient care, organ donor transplant, emergency ambulance, health check-ups, childbirth and maternity benefits, etc.
- Provides advanced benefits for individual and family like a daily health coach, early age advantage, no-room rent sub-limits, OPD consultation, home healthcare services, mental disorder treatment, international coverage, e-consultation, etc.
- Offers assured life-time policy renewal, in-built travel insurance, and long-term discounts
Critical Illness Insurance Plans
Religare Health Insurance provides a Mediclaim plan that gives extensive coverage for all your critical care needs. Features include:
- Covers 32 major critical illnesses like cancer, paralysis, stroke, Benign Brain Tumour, Parkinson’s Disease, Alzheimer’s Disease, Liver Disease and others
- Provides a sum assured value of up to Rs. 2 crore and offers premium rates as low as Rs. 74 per month
- Provides a cover for chemotherapy and radiotherapy, organ donor, dialysis, air and road ambulance cover, etc.
- Offers no-limit on ICU expenses, provides global coverage and international second medical opinion
Max Bupa offers a CritiCare plan that provides full coverage to you and your family. Features are as follows:
- Covers 20 major critical illnesses like cancer, permanent paralysis, multiple sclerosis, kidney failure, lung disease, major organ transplant, etc.
- Provides a cover of Rs. 2 crores and a yearly premium rate of Rs. 12521
- Offers long term discounts on plans
- Offers a lifelong renewal option
COVID-19 (Corona Kavach) Insurance Plans
Both Religare Health Insurance and Max Bupa are offering a new COVID-19 plan for their policyholders called Corona Kavach. On a comparison of Religare Health Insurance versus Max Bupa, it is apparent that both plans have similar features with only a few minor differences.
Key features of CORONA KAVACH are:
- Offers cover of up to Rs.5,00,000
- Covers pre and post hospitalization expenses, home care treatment, and AYUSH treatment of a COVID-19 positive person or persons having symptoms of co-morbidity
- Offers coverage options such as 3.5, 6.5 and 9.5 months
- Available for anyone above 18 years of age
This detailed comparison of Religare Health Insurance versus Max Bupa will help you choose the most suitable policy. In case, you need further assistance, you can always seek guidance to buy insurance online.