Bharti Axa Health Insurance vs Star Health Insurance
If you agree that the pollution levels, life-threatening diseases and stressful work life have become the new normal, you will also accept that protecting your health is of utmost importance in these difficult times. Safeguarding your own health as well as the health of your family members at all times is the best form of investment.
Don’t wait for a crisis to knock on your doors. Check out this Star Health Insurance and Bharti AXA comparison guide to kick-start your purchasing journey.
Bharti AXA versus Star Health Insurance– Overview
|Parameter||Bharti AXA Health Insurance||Star Health Insurance|
|Number of health insurance plans||3||11|
|E-services||Policy purchase, renewal, claim settlement, online consultation, 24×7 claim assistance and customer support||Policy purchase, renewal, claim settlement, online doctor consultation and 24×7 customer care|
|Claim settlement ratio||98%||90%|
|Claim settlement time||Cashless claims settlement within 6 hours||Cashless claims settlement within 2 hours|
|Hospital network||More than 4,500||More than 9,900|
Source: Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) Annual Report 2018-19
Health Insurance Policy: Bharti AXA versus Star Health Insurance
Bharti AXA offers three health insurance plans. All three plans provide extensive and comprehensive coverage for a wide range of healthcare needs. You can avail any of these plans to protect yourself and your loved ones.
Star Health Insurance offers 11 health insurance policies covering individuals, family, senior citizens, critical illnesses, COVID-19, etc.
Listed below are the key points after a Star Health Insurance and Bharti AXA comparison. On perusal, you can select a plan that suits your needs best.
Individual and Family Health Insurance Plans
Bharti AXA’s health insurance plans extensively cover individual and family needs. Some of the key offerings are:
- Covers pre and post-hospitalization, in-patient treatment, day care treatment, AYUSH treatment, and maternity-related expenses
- Offers critical illness, organ donor and ambulance covers
- Covers vaccination against animal bites and outpatient dental emergency arising out of an accident
- Allows restoration of 100% sum assured and life-long renewability
- Covers annual health check-ups
Star Health Insurance individual and family floater plans cover you and your family. Below are the key features:
- Covers in-patient, pre-and post-hospitalization charges, maternity expenses, organ donation, AYUSH treatment and others
- Provides cover for accidental and permanent total disablement
- Includes benefits like regular health check-ups and second consultations.
- Covers expenses for dental/ophthalmic treatments on OPD basis
Critical Illness Insurance Plans
Bharti AXA Health Insurance plans always cover critical illnesses and provide extensive coverage against 20 critical illnesses like cancer, first heart attack, major burns, kidney failure, etc. Some of the benefits offered are:
- Available for all the members of the family aged between 5 and 55 years of age
- Provides fast cashless claim coverage
- Covers in-patient, pre and post-hospitalization charges, day-care treatment and AYUSH treatment
Star Health Insurance has a critical illness policy that covers critical healthcare needs. Some features are:
- Covers expenses incurred for 9 critical illnesses such as cancer, chronic kidney disease, brain surgery, major organ transplant etc.
- Covers regular hospitalization costs including pre and post-hospitalization charges
- Provides coverage for non-allopathic treatments
Corona Rakshak Health Insurance Policy
Ever since the onset of the coronavirus pandemic, the country’s healthcare sector is overburdened and is striving to provide quality medical care to all. The Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India or the IRDAI too has mandated all insurance companies to provide protection against COVID-19.
On making a Star Health Insurance and Bharti AXA comparison, it is apparent that both companies provide similar coverage against the deadly disease. Some common benefits offered are:
- 100% claim payment on a positive diagnosis
- Pre, post and in-hospitalization expenses covered
- High range of sum assured
- Policy term of 3.5, 6.5 and 9.5 months only
- Cashless hospitalization
Before buying a health insurance policy, assess your healthcare needs. Each policy has different terms and conditions, so go through each point before you buy health insurance online.
FAQs: Bharti Axa Health Insurance Vs Star Health Insurance Plan
Is a medical check-up necessary for availing health insurance?
Yes, most insurance providers require you to undergo a medical check-up before you buy a health insurance policy. This is to assess which policy suits your needs the best and to fix the value of the premium that you must pay. However, while renewing the policy, you may or may not have to take a medical test, depending on the insurance company.
My employer covers my medical insurance needs. Do I still need health insurance?
The medical insurance cover provided by your employer is available to you as long as you are an employee of the company. Additionally, you do not get to decide the value of the sum assured. It would be wise to purchase a separate health insurance policy for yourself. The company insurance policy also does not give you tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
What is the eligible age to buy health insurance?
Generally, the eligible age for buying a health insurance policy ranges from:
1. 18 years to 65 years for adults
2. 90 days to 18 years for children
However, some insurance companies also provide coverage for newborns as well as senior citizens above the age of 65.