Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance vs Care (Religare) Health Insurance
With the number of COVID-19 cases soaring in India, protecting yourself and your loved ones with a health insurance plan has become the need of the hour. Such a policy comes to your rescue in times of crisis and reduces the financial burden of medical expenses. There are several health insurance plans from leading providers, but choosing a suitable one can be time-consuming and challenging too. To get started, here’s a brief Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance & Religare Health Insurance comparison guide.
|Parameter||Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance||Religare Health Insurance|
|Number of health insurance plans||15+||13+|
|E-services||Policy purchase, policy renewal, claim settlement, online consultation, and 24×7 call assistance||Policy purchase, policy renewal, claim settlement, branch locator, online consultation and 24×7 customer support|
|Incurred claims ratio||77%||55%|
|Claim settlement ratio||67%||93%|
|Claim settlement time||60 minutes for cashless claim settlement||2 hours for cashless claim approval|
|Hospital network||More than 6,500||More than 7, 900|
Health Insurance Policy: Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance & Religare Health Insurance comparison
Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance offers 15+ healthcare plans. Their plans provide a cover for individuals, families, senior citizens, critical illnesses, personal accident and COVID-19; among others.
Religare Health Insurance offers over 9+ health insurance plans. Widely availed healthcare plans include plans for individuals, families, senior citizens, critical illnesses, personal accidents and COVID-19 coverage; among others.
Since their inception, both companies have earned a reliable name for themselves and a solid customer base.
Listed below are the comparative features of Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance versus Religare Health Insurance for a fair insight on both providers:
Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plans
Bajaj Allianz offers a Silver health plan catering specifically to senior citizen needs. It aims to provide affordable health care to all its policyholders irrespective of age. The comprehensive plan offers:
- A pre-existing illness cover
- Pre and post-hospitalization expenses
- Free health check-ups and ambulance cover
- Waiver of co-payment
- Cashless facility and hassle-free claim settlement
- Age limit for this plan is 70 years
Religare Health Insurance knows the importance of protecting the needs of senior citizens. They provide extensive coverage for their senior policyholders. Key features include:
- Covers in-patient hospitalization charges
- Covers pre and post hospitalisation charges
- Provides day-care treatment and annual health checkups
- Covers organ donor expenses and ambulance expenses
- Has no maximum limit on age; any senior citizen above the age of 61 can avail this plan
Critical Illness Insurance Plans
Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance offers a plan that provides coverage for you and your entire family against 10 critical illnesses. Some important highlights include:
- Provides women-centric coverage against 8 critical illness including ovarian cancer, breast cancer etc.
- Provides coverage against life-threatening illnesses like cancer, stroke, kidney failure and paralysis, among others.
- Covers pre and post-hospitalization chargers
- Covers donor expenses, OPD expenses
- Offers lifetime renewability
Religare Health Insurance provides an affordable Mediclaim plan that gives extensive coverage against 32 critical illnesses. The plan:
- Covers major critical illnesses like cancer, paralysis, stroke, Alzheimer’s Disease, Liver Disease and others
- Covers in-hospitalization, pre and post-hospitalization charges
- Offers a premium rate as low as Rs.74 per month
- Covers ICU, organ donor, air and road ambulance expenses, etc.
- Covers day care treatment and alternate therapies authorized under AYUSH
COVID-19 Health Insurance Plans (Corona Kavach)
To battle COVID-19, the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) mandated all health insurance providers to include COVID-19 coverage in all their health insurance plans. Additionally, both Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance and Religare Health Insurance offer a separate Corona Kavach Policy for financial protection against the deadly disease.
A quick Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance versus Religare Health Insurance comparison highlights the benefits in common offered by both providers. Both cover:
- In-patient hospitalization charges
- Pre and post-hospitalization charges
- Individual and family needs
However, Bajaj Allianz goes a step further and covers home-care treatment and AYUSH treatment charges for those who opt for alternate forms of treatment. Your purchasing decision becomes easier with access to comparative features of two leading health insurance companies. For further assistance, you can consider reaching out to professional insurance experts before buying insurance online.